Which is better?

which is better?

• College, definatly!

• no, high school was better.

• Er, I don't know. They're both the same to me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matt.9:22

I've got mustard seed faith!
Dec 6, 2004
Texas
✟3,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I favor college because there is so much more independence. Nobody tells me when to go to sleep, when to wake, what to do, what to eat, what to wear. It's all up to me.

Also, I like the schedule flexibility. This semester I created my schedule so that my classes start at 11 and are over by 1. That means I have most of my day to do whatever I want. Next semester, I'm making my schedule so that I only have class monday-thursday giving me a three day weekend EVERY weekend.

The ambience. The college ambiance is so much more laid back than in high school. You don't have to deal with as much clique-stupidity. You can either join a group or not, but no one is going to give you a hard time either way. Nobody really cares what you wear, how you talk or who you hang with. It's much better than high school where the world was over if you took one small step out of the social norm. In college, that's encouraged.

So yeah, college is better.

Upvote 0

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think college is better. I get to come to school late and I don't have 2 come everyday if i want :p another think i like about college is that people are more mature. i also like that the food tastes better. lol. College has been a great experience for me.

Upvote 0

fuzzyh

Jun 26, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟8,456.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
College.

Study what you want, pretty much when you want.

You don't have to deal with people who don't want to be there, because they just don't show up to class

Much more challenging material. I was never challenged intellectually until college.

Upvote 0

Shyguyelite

Purple Belt TKD
Jul 8, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟1,416.00
Faith
Christian
College, because this is the last stop before I have to work for the rest of my life. :)

I doubt anyone will say high school, unless they are having a horrible time at college. For the record, I'm not particularly loving college, but its better than high school because you have more power.

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
High school was better for me only because I had three years of horrible roommate situations and some prejudice from other students regarding my disability! But, now I'm in graduate school, I'm loving that so much more than high school or college! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Comparing college to high school is like comparing high school to elementary school. Better people and more freedom.

I disagree with that - elementary school was much better than high school. Even kindergarten students seemed more mature than a lot of the high school students I knew. There's something about high school that brings out the worst in a lot of people.

Upvote 0

Matt.9:22

I've got mustard seed faith!
Dec 6, 2004
Texas
✟3,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I disagree with that - elementary school was much better than high school. Even kindergarten students seemed more mature than a lot of the high school students I knew. There's something about high school that brings out the worst in a lot of people.

Actually I would chose elementary over high school, because as much fun as high school was, those naps...They were NIIIICE!!! :p

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
College, since it seems that most of the people actually want to be here. I know there's the occasional guy or gal whose parents are making them attend. But for the most part I think people want to be here. And that makes the environment a little more enjoyable. But the teen angst seems to have followed me. *shrug* Watcha gonna do when Bobby is dating both Cindy and Shirl? :doh: Hee hee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JayCdn

May 14, 2006
CowTown
Visit site
✟7,978.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
High school was great because I actually made sports teams. I suppose I culd be on the rugby team now as well, but I wouldn't know anyone on the teams. high school was cool because there were only 3000 people in the school so you knew a lot more of them, that and I grew up with some of them. In university I have made two friends in 4.5 years that I wasn't friends with in high school. 35 000 people on campus is a lot.

That being said, class material in university is way cooler and the culture around university is really hip. School feels almost like a different world, and so many people are so educated in different fields. Doing real lab work is crazy cool, and learning things that you know very few other people are aware of is fun too.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

In my experience, a lot of people matured out of going out of their way to make other people miserable by the time they were in high school.

Upvote 0