Which hobby would you recommend the MOST to your children ?

Which hobby would you recommend the MOST to your children ?

• Reading good novels

• Baseball

• Basketball

• Television

• Photography

• Reading proses

• Reading biographies

• Video games

• Drawing / Painting

Results are only viewable after voting.

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
This is a fairly old thread xD

I'd like to give them access to as many opportunities as possible, get them involved in Rainbows/Beavers so they can try their hand at slightly more things than i'm able to offer and of course involve them in my own. As I cannot imagine NOT taking photos of everything for the memory box i'd probably inadvertently push them into that from quite an early age, combined with horse riding and dog sports, probably also general animal shows and dance now i'm thinking about it ... i'd be awful. Painting and reading are givens, just like general craft days. Any excuse to play with glitter and paints ^_^

It's hard to hypothesise about children i'm not sure i'll ever have though, my assumption has always been enable them to explore everything and find one that sparks their interest.

Upvote 0

Thomas The Atheist

Mar 14, 2009
Belgium
✟8,189.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'd say Reading, Video Games and perhaps photography.

Reading: all round awesomeness, incredibly educational and fun.
Video Games: Fun fun fun, but also great for reflexes, hand-eye cordination and all-round education.
Photography: outdoors and artistic.

What I wouldn't force on them is sports. Never really liked them tbh.
I'd take all-round interests, intelligence and cleverness of mind over a well-trimmed body anyday :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SirKenny85

Nov 30, 2010
Arizona
✟7,935.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is important to be well rounded. I don't have kids now, so I cannot speak from experience, but I'd have to say I want to teach my kids to like both team building activities (baseball, basketball, football) and intellectual activities (reading/plays/art) as well.

Upvote 0

lisah

Humanist with Christian Heritage
Oct 3, 2003
✟15,168.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
My personal preference is photography, which I didn't begin doing until about five years ago. I took a Photoshop class and my daughter thought it was cool. She liked drawing and began using Photoshop to doodle. We got a Wacom tablet for next to nothing and it's like she was born with it in her hands. So, drawing is her favorite. She also writes little stories, plays viola and rides horses.

All these things she chose to do on her own and I will continue to encourage her to explore whatever might interest her. She is only casually interested in photography right now and uses it only to aide in her digital drawing.

Upvote 0