Did you ever consider? Poor, crazy and demon oppressed preachers.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,063,861.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not sure it's the same thing at all. 1 Corinthians 4 comes to mind. You're strong but im weak. You're wise but I'm a fool. You're honored and I'm despised.
Context.
Paul was talking to the Corinthians who had been told that knowledge was important, and that they could have a special kind of knowledge, which would make them superior.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,063,861.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or people need to experience the terror that I do and see how strong they are. I appreciate the words but they won't change anything
That's sad.
We are told we can have confidence in God, 2 Corinthians 3:4, Ephesians 3:12 and can approach his throne with confidence, Hebrews 4:16. Paul said, "so we say with confidence, the Lord is my helper; what can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6.
Faith itself is confidence in what we hope for, Hebrews 11:1.

We can, and should, be confident with who we are in God; beloved, his child, filled with his Spirit, possessing every spiritual blessing, unable to be separated from God's love, given gifts by his Spirit.
We are not to be confident that we can do all things on our own, without God, the Gospel, need for forgiveness - the "I did it my way" attitude.

Confidence comes from knowing God, knowing how much we are loved and that circumstances can't change that - we live by faith, not by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ohh... So your being self deprecating because you see yourself as a Paul who is making a point to the flock?

Just being yourself works for most things. We aren't Apostles. Just normal people gathering as fellow believers.
That's what you say not me.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's sad.
We are told we can have confidence in God, 2 Corinthians 3:4, Ephesians 3:12 and can approach his throne with confidence, Hebrews 4:16. Paul said, "so we say with confidence, the Lord is my helper; what can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6.
Faith itself is confidence in what we hope for, Hebrews 11:1.

We can, and should, be confident with who we are in God; beloved, his child, filled with his Spirit, possessing every spiritual blessing, unable to be separated from God's love, given gifts by his Spirit.
We are not to be confident that we can do all things on our own, without God, the Gospel, need for forgiveness - the "I did it my way" attitude.

Confidence comes from knowing God, knowing how much we are loved and that circumstances can't change that - we live by faith, not by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7
Paul said that he hasn't apprehended anything yet. Whats sad is people don't strengthen the weak but insult them instead

Last edited:
Upvote 0