United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

(Concerning the "7th day Sabbath" and):

"There is only one seventh day Sabbath instituted at creation and reconfirmed at Sinai... the same seventh day Sabbath Jesus and the disciples kept."

I found this on accident actually. The phrase "and God rested on the 7th day..." in Genesis. It's in a form in the Hebrew that is sometimes translated as "future tense". And in this context "future tense" would make sense.

Jesus says the sabbath is made for man (Mark 2:27) and that He is "Lord of the sabbath". (Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5)

The "7th day of rest" was literally created for Jesus Christ; i.e. the day after the crucifixion. This is why Jesus says "My Father works hitherto and so do I." (John 5:17) He makes this comment in reference to "working on the sabbath". He'd told a paralyzed man to pick up his bed and take it home.

So the "day of rest" as it relates to what is the "shadow" of the Old Covenant; absolutely has application to the Messiah.

Which if we get into the whole notion of Jesus having delivered the believer from the law (the entirety of it - which yes, also includes the moral law). The law has killed them on account of their being condemned for their sin (which Christ atoned for) so now they can be enjoined to Him. The agent thereof that does this is the Holy Ghost; who cleaves Himself to the spirit of the believer; thus making them "new creatures in Christ". So, the believer, although freed from even the moral law, still obeys God because the Holy Ghost can not deny Himself - obviously God obeys His own law.

And here's what all the 7th day sabbath keepers seem to miss.

So, piece of information abut the purpose of the sabbath that I thought you might find interesting.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My basis for disagreement is God's WORD as demonstrated in earlier posts and all those Hebrew and Greek linguists that translated all bible translations from the Hebrew and Greek that disagree with your friend. Are you saying your friend is correct and all those who translated all bible translations are wrong? I am only as a humble fisherman claiming the promises of God's WORD *JOHN 14:26; 16:13; 7:17; 8:31-36; Hebrews 8:11; 1 CORINTHIANS 1:21-25; 2:14. Who are we without God's Spirit? The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
I read your post and don't agree with it. So I suggested you lend more for support such as your degree proving you know as much or more than other translators. I check what you post.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No more than loving your neighbour impresses God... He looks for the character of Christ in us that compels us to love our neighbour. The seventh day Sabbath given at Sinai did not point forward and reach it's fulfillment at the cross, it points us back to the beginning to understand who it is we worship... the Creator.
When God looks at me He sees Jesus my covering.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You sound like the pharisees did addressing Christ about the Sabbath. They didn't get it and obviously you are in the same condition. I pray the Lord open you spirit to understanding the 7th day Sabbath as Christ did. It is a memorial of creation... the first act of Christ's Love for us... the cross being His second
I rest in Jesus, not on the sabbath. I've no trust in the sabbath. I do trust Jesus and our Father. Of course I also trust in the Holy Spirit to lead and teach me. What I believe certainly doesn't come from some bully pulpit.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Concerning the "7th day Sabbath" and):

"There is only one seventh day Sabbath instituted at creation and reconfirmed at Sinai... the same seventh day Sabbath Jesus and the disciples kept."
Where? Genesis? No.
I found this on accident actually. The phrase "and God rested on the 7th day..." in Genesis. It's in a form in the Hebrew that is sometimes translated as "future tense". And in this context "future tense" would make sense.
No. future tense wouldn't make any sense in Genesis 2.
Jesus says the sabbath is made for man (Mark 2:27) and that He is "Lord of the sabbath". (Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5)
Your reliance on words divorced from context don't support your position. Sorry
The "7th day of rest" was literally created for Jesus Christ; i.e. the day after the crucifixion. This is why Jesus says "My Father works hitherto and so do I." (John 5:17) He makes this comment in reference to "working on the sabbath". He'd told a paralyzed man to pick up his bed and take it home.
Your position makes no sense here.
So the "day of rest" as it relates to what is the "shadow" of the Old Covenant; absolutely has application to the Messiah.
I think I can buy that. Mat 11:28-30.
Which if we get into the whole notion of Jesus having delivered the believer from the law (the entirety of it - which yes, also includes the moral law). The law has killed them on account of their being condemned for their sin (which Christ atoned for) so now they can be enjoined to Him. The agent thereof that does this is the Holy Ghost; who cleaves Himself to the spirit of the believer; thus making them "new creatures in Christ". So, the believer, although freed from even the moral law, still obeys God because the Holy Ghost can not deny Himself - obviously God obeys His own law.
I'm a little unclear what you mean here. It appears double speak to me. You need to be more solidly clear for me.
And here's what all the 7th day sabbath keepers seem to miss.

So, piece of information abut the purpose of the sabbath that I thought you might find interesting.
I'm not understanding something here. What piece of information are you talking about?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I read your post and don't agree with it. So I suggested you lend more for support such as your degree proving you know as much or more than other translators. I check what you post.

I suggest you read the posts you are responding to. It is the translaters that agree with what I have already posted.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Where? Genesis? No.No. future tense wouldn't make any sense in Genesis 2.Your reliance on words divorced from context don't support your position. SorryYour position makes no sense here.I think I can buy that. Mat 11:28-30.I'm a little unclear what you mean here. It appears double speak to me. You need to be more solidly clear for me.I'm not understanding something here. What piece of information are you talking about?

Did you read what I wrote - understanding that I'm NOT a 7th day sabbath keeper?

• Haha
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So please try again.

You do realize wasting my time looking at your meaningless posts will only stop me from looking at your posts, right? :)

You actions tell me nothing but you'd rather sin than follow the commandments, and since you have no defense for your stance to shut those up who dispel the theology, you make things worse by attacking those who oppose you with several nonsensical posts.

And don't misunderstand, I can deal with it, and I don't report posters, but the mods are liable to see it as goading if someone does report you.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The above quote is in reference to the seventh day Sabbath being instituted at creation and confirmed at Sinai and ace of hearts wondering where that is stated...

Gen 2:2,3
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ex 20:10,11
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rubbish where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is now Abolsihed and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Where does God say we must worship on Saturday and not Sunday?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do realize wasting my time looking at your meaningless posts will only stop me from looking at your posts, right? :)

You actions tell me nothing but you'd rather sin than follow the commandments, and since you have no defense for your stance to shut those up who dispel the theology, you make things worse by attacking those who oppose you with several nonsensical posts.

And don't misunderstand, I can deal with it, and I don't report posters, but the mods are liable to see it as goading if someone does report you.
Kenny,

I'm a new covenant Christian and dedicated to the Gospel. Keeping the law is a refusal to accept Jesus as Paul points out in Gal 5.

The only think you think is sin in my life is not keeping the 4th commandment. That just isn't the covenant I participate in. You can't participate in opposing covenants nor can you be in compliance to opposing laws.

I'm very sorry you think the Scripture is nonsensical. From you POV I can understand why.

What you're up to is getting me to depart from grace for the law as a means of salvation. You'll probably say no. But I ask you if not keeping the law would mean loss of your salvation? By your posts I would have to say it does. That is earning your salvation. Wages are death, you can have mine. The free gift is a much better deal. I kinda like life much better than death. Righteousness doesn't come by the law as Romans and Galatians aptly point out. Self righteousness obtained by keeping the law is filthy rags. You do know from your knowledge of the Scripture what is done with them, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The above quote is in reference to the seventh day Sabbath being instituted at creation and confirmed at Sinai and ace of hearts wondering where that is stated...

Gen 2:2,3
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ex 20:10,11
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
You seem to have missed a key word you bolded "wherefore." Would you be so kind to define this word?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Which day to worship God."

The day He commanded. There is no verse that states we are to worship any other day. He wrote it on stone, not paper. What God commands no man has the right to change.
God promised through at least 2 prophets the sabbath would stop.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God promised through at least 2 prophets the sabbath would stop.

It will still be kept on the new earth.
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have missed a key word you bolded "wherefore." Would you be so kind to define this word?
I'll let Strongs define the word:

H3651
כֵּן
kên
kane
From H3559; properly set upright; hence (figuratively as adjective) just; but usually (as adverb or conjugation) rightly or so (in various applications to manner, time and relation; often with other particles): - + after that (this, -ward, -wards), as . . . as, + [for-] asmuch as yet, + be (for which) cause, + following, howbeit, in (the) like (manner, -wise), X the more, right, (even) so, state, straightway, such (thing), surely, + there (where) -fore, this, thus, true, well, X you.

Not sure how this word "wherefore" is causing you confusion on the Sabbath Commandment referring to the creation reckoning of the seventh day being Hallowed and Sanctified.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It will still be kept on the new earth.
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Hold on mmksparbud.

From one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another...(Isaiah 66:23)

Do you celebrate the new moon?

Upvote 0