Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact is, the scriptures is not silent about day(s) to honor God.

Rom 14:4 - Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:5 - One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 - He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Rom 14:7 - For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Rom 14:8 - For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Rom 14:9 - For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Rom 14:10 - But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:11 - For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Rom 14:12 - So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 14:13 - Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Rom 14:4 - Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:5 - One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 - He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Rom 14:8 - For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Rom 14:9 - For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Rom 14:10 - But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:11 - For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 14:13 - Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
It only matters to people who refuse to accept the New Covenant in its entirety. They reject the free gift.

Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Notice how "Sabbath" or anything to that effect is not at all mentioned in those verses, it only refers to a "day" someone might esteem to be set apart for whatever the occasion may be. The day of rest was created to bless man, but we cannot neglect that such a command to set apart one specific day to God has been since the creation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

We honor God every day. We worship God every day.

AND ---
"IF you Love ME - KEEP My Commandments" John 14:15.
"This IS the LOVE of God - that we KEEP His Commandments" 1 John 5:2-3
"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12
"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19 where we find that the "First commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment Eph 6:2

How nice that God informs us "the seventh day IS the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

AND ---
"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19 where we find that the "First commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment Eph 6:2

How nice that God informs us "the seventh day IS the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10
Then what's the problem with worshiping on Sunday as you claim is false worship?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

AND ---

Then what's the problem with worshiping on Sunday as you claim is false worship?

no Bible text says do not worship on Sunday, or monday, or Tuesday. And you don't have any quote from me saying I do not worship God on Sunday or Monday or Tuesday.

What you have from me is a bunch of references to scripture - that affirms God's Commandments -- all TEN of them.

And even the Sunday-groups listed in my signature line know enough about the Bible to affirm all TEN of the Ten Commandments and included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the New Covenant.

(And of course Ex 20:8-11 does not point to week-day 2 or week day 3 as the Sabbath... "the 7th day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" Ex 20:10

I am a bit surprised that after all your opposition to God's Commandments you see that post of mine affirming them - and then ask what the issue is..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God Sanctified and Hallowed the 7th day.... man sanctified and hallowed the 1st day. Why take a chance... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord as He has asked. Not to achieve anything but in reverence and honour to Him. The same reason I don't take His name in vain or have other gods before Him.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ziggy29

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
Pacific Northwest
✟27,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing is wrong with worshiping on Sunday, or Saturday or any other day. The Bible did not reference a calendar and say which day of the week to rest and make holy, just that we MAKE one.

The calendar is a human construct, not God's. We could have just as easily invented the modern calendar three days later, in which case Wednesday would be the Sabbath.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And yet the psalmist kept the 7th day holy as commanded at creation.

1 And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.
2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?
3 And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;
4 How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?
5 And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
6 And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
7 And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him. - Luke 6

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We should worship God everyday that has never been the issue.

The issue is God's 4th Commandment and REMEMBERING God and His creation by setting the SEVENTH day of the week aside as a rest day from all work and dedicating the SEVENTH DAY of the week as God's day in obedience to God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is *EXODUS 20:8-11; ROMANS 3:20.

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNES *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there? If there is no scriprture for this tradition who should we believe and follow, God or man *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29?

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The Sabbath was created for man. So what does man need? Rest, relationship with God. He gave us a day a week to rest. We need time to be in communion with God, and it's best that that be with other believers as well; and maybe our families. And God normally wants that day of rest to be the same day that we set aside for God, but sometimes such as for preachers, that is just not practical. Sorry, but preachers work the Sabbath, and rest another day.

These people who just insist that it has to be a certain day for everybody are intentionally missing the point: that it's about keeping the relationship alive. Some married couples have date night on Friday night; others have it Saturday night; others don't have one. It's that latter that you don't want to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

AND ---

no Bible text says do not worship on Sunday, or monday, or Tuesday. And you don't have any quote from me saying I do not worship God on Sunday or Monday or Tuesday.

What you have from me is a bunch of references to scripture - that affirms God's Commandments -- all TEN of them.

And even the Sunday-groups listed in my signature line know enough about the Bible to affirm all TEN of the Ten Commandments and included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the New Covenant.

I am a bit surprised that after all your opposition to God's Commandments you see that post of mine affirming them - and then ask what the issue is..

Ahhh, but you are mistaken. There is Scriptural evidence that states there are two sets of "sabbaths". Now if I point that out to you in the Greek; will you actually obey it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh, but you are mistaken. There is Scriptural evidence that states there are two sets of "sabbaths". Now if I point that out to you in the Greek; will you actually obey it?

Rubbish where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is now Abolsihed and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

copyChkboxOff.gif

I'll only comment on the question itself for the moment. You quote several verses about being judgmental. Since you've already set things up so if we answer contrary to what you may believe, we are being judgmental... it appears you don't want an answer at all, or you want us to answer with something that agrees with whatever you think on the subject.

Then there is the fact many play the "judgmental" card as a defense to do whatever they want, as in "who are you to tell me what to do? or "You're just being judgmental" then they go about their merry way doing what they want because anyone trying to tell them otherwise was just being judgmental.

Giving our opinion is not being judgmental, especially since you are the one asking. So the subject would have been better left out altogether.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Rubbish where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is now Abolsihed and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

I already went over this with you and your one of the people who won't obey.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I already went over this with you and your one of the people who won't obey.

Really? Weren't you shown in love through the Word of God alone that your interpretation of the scriptures were in error but you did not believe the scriptures shared with you when you were shown the context you left out of your word meanings?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is wrong with worshiping on Sunday, or Saturday or any other day. The Bible did not reference a calendar and say which day of the week to rest and make holy, just that we MAKE one.

The calendar is a human construct, not God's. We could have just as easily invented the modern calendar three days later, in which case Wednesday would be the Sabbath.
3500 years of continual Jewish tradition and even the very name of the seventh day in many Semitic languages say otherwise.

Upvote 0