Which Commandments were engraved in letters on stone?

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He meant, "engraved in letters on stone" = the Ten Commandments.
I know what he meant that’s why I quoted the Corinthians location clear back in post 29.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's funny. You were seeing it as a positive, I was seeing it as a negative.
Any other connections in scripture that tells you that this might be of God? I'm not blasting, just asking.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's funny. You were seeing it as a positive, I was seeing it as a negative.
Any other connections in scripture that tells you that this might be of God? I'm not blasting, just asking.

I know you were, but remember 1 John 1:7 says we are walking in the light of God. That is like a covering.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's a stretch. Do you have more?

Only that only those without God are naked according to Revelation. So if Adam and Eve weren't wearing clothes before they sinned, what was the first thing that God created that could have clothed them? "And let there be light." It doesn't prove anything, except I forbid myself from saying without doubt that it is not true. I receive interesting revelations about scripture, myself.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only that only those without God are naked according to Revelation. So if Adam and Eve weren't wearing clothes before they sinned, what was the first thing that God created that could have clothed them? "And let there be light." It doesn't prove anything, except I forbid myself from saying without doubt that it is not true. I receive interesting revelations about scripture, myself.
Have you noticed that things are always in the last place you look for them.
Do you know why that is?

When you find them you stop looking. lol

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Have you noticed that things are always in the last place you look for them.
Do you know why that is?

When you find them you stop looking. lol

That reminds me of my father looking for the coffee pot. He looked all over the kitchen, then noticed the milk was on the counter. Sure enough the coffee pot was in the frig!

• Haha
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That reminds me of my father looking for the coffee pot. He looked all over the kitchen, then noticed the milk was on the counter. Sure enough the coffee pot was in the frig!
LOL -- That's a good one.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... Because the letter of the law kills, it can only bring condemnation. ...

I think it gives right understanding of what is good and right and that was and still is very important. Or wat do you think, is murdering nowadays ok, or is the commandment still valid?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it gives right understanding of what is good and right and that was and still is very important. Or wat do you think, is murdering nowadays ok, or is the commandment still valid?
That may have been the original purpose but today we follow the Spirit, not the law. Would the Holy Spirit tell you to murder someone?

Galatians 5:18
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That may have been the original purpose but today we follow the Spirit, not the law. Would the Holy Spirit tell you to murder someone?

Galatians 5:18
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

And I think the Spirit follows the Law.

That we are not under the law, doesn’t mean that the law is not correct. We just don’t follow it because we have to, but because we love God and understand it is good law?

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I think the Spirit follows the Law.

That we are not under the law, doesn’t mean that the law is not correct. We just don’t follow it because we have to, but because we love God and understand it is good law?

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3
The NIV defuses that bomb.

1 John 5:2-5 NIV
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please explain why you call it a bomb? I think NIV has same idea.

To claim Commandments is not valid and good, it would mean murdering is ok, I think that would be bad.
The NIV uses the word "commands" instead of commandments. (not the law)

1 John 5:2-5 NIV
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please explain, what are the commands, if not the ten commandments?
1 John 4:21
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 4:21
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

I think that doesn’t mean the ten commandments are not also valid. And actually, they are all in that.

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

If we really love others as the Bible tells, we don’t do anything that is against the commandments.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that doesn’t mean the ten commandments are not also valid. And actually, they are all in that.

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

If we really love others as the Bible tells, we don’t do anything that is against the commandments.
Which commandments were engraved in letters on stone?

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills,
but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death,
which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory,
so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses
because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious,
how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now
in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory,
how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 1:7 says we are walking in the light of God. That is like a covering.

Not all people, but believers, who are redeemed, have the Spirit of God living in them, that they might walk in the light of God. What Yahweh revealed for commandments written on the stone was according to Yahweh's will for people. These believers who have come to God with repentance from sin in their lives are not under condemnation, this being not under the law. But such that shows Yahweh's will yet holds those who are not such believers to judgment that is coming. Repentance is to be such that there is not going against Yahweh's stated will ongoing. There is covering though in righteousness of Christ and judgment for such believers is what Christ bore for us. So there are more things to learn than what we know of yet, to change still toward Yahweh's will for us with the Spirit of God working in us, with being in Christ, while not being under condemnation. It would be wrong still to look for the least needed for being in Christ, when the most godliness is to be sincerely desired.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all people, but believers, who are redeemed, have the Spirit of God living in them, that they might walk in the light of God. What Yahweh revealed for commandments written on the stone was according to Yahweh's will for people. These believers who have come to God with repentance from sin in their lives are not under condemnation, this being not under the law. But such that shows Yahweh's will yet holds those who are not such believers to judgment that is coming. Repentance is to be such that there is not going against Yahweh's stated will ongoing. There is covering though in righteousness of Christ and judgment for such believers is what Christ bore for us. So there are more things to learn than what we know of yet, to change still toward Yahweh's will for us with the Spirit of God working in us, with being in Christ, while not being under condemnation. It would be wrong still to look for the least needed for being in Christ, when the most godliness is to be sincerely desired.
Is your post in agreement with the Apostle Paul in the scripture below?

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit;
for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death,
which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at
the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious,
how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now
in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory,
how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Upvote 0