Which comes first repentance or forgiveness?

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly Sir!
You can believe in Jesus and hate him at the same time!

Surely their faith is not the faith that can save.

So the only kind of faith that saves mankind is an obedient faith, Hebrews 5:8-9

Do you agree?

They believed in Jesus before they had to give up their sin ( their pride their riches, their devil father)

That means they had faith in riches, and in evil and in themselves ( that was the evil)

Upvote 0

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Belief in riches is with their whole heart, ( for the wicked) so belief in Christ for the meek is in their whole heart( not feinedly as the wicked and rich of this world

Jeremiah 3:10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord.

2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They believed in Jesus before they had to give up their sin ( their pride their riches, their devil father)

That means they had faith in riches, and in evil and in themselves ( that was the evil)

Yes, they had belief as the scriptures teach, John 12:42
But their faith is not a faith from love of Christ, James 2:19.

Their faith cannot save, because they love this world more than God.

Please tell me what do you believe we must do to be saved?

Upvote 0

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So when men show they are unfaithful in their lives ( wicked lives) they show no worthiness of being entrusted with the true riches

Luke 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So when men show they are unfaithful in their lives ( wicked lives) they show no worthiness of being entrusted with the true riches

Good, tell me what I must do to be saved.

Luke 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

What do I need to do to be saved?

Upvote 0

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, they had belief as the scriptures teach, John 12:42
But their faith is not a faith from love of Christ, James 2:19.

Their faith cannot save, because they love this world more than God.

Please tell me what do you believe we must do to be saved?

We cant belief feignedly, it is false.

They had no faith ( belief in the heart to righteousness) as faith is pure not fake.

To be saved is to do all unlike the Pharisees, that is why we have that example.

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We cant belief feignedly, it is false.

They had no faith ( belief in the heart to righteousness) as faith is pure not fake.

To be saved is to do all unlike the Pharisees, that is why we have that example.

Please tell me all that I must do to be saved. Share the gospel of salvation with me Sir.

Upvote 0

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was it not told, go and sell and give all.

Mark 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Glad we established all this today and how it was themselves that prevented the belief in Christ. That also was how and why they had no faith in Him, as their faith was in this world and trusted in themselves. ( prideful of their father the devil and not the meekness of Christ in them)

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It looks like the Jews of Israel believing again, up until the point of having to give away the thing they lover the most and then we see they did not believe at all sincerely.

Friend are you telling me salvation comes from keeping the ten commandments and selling every material possession I have including all my money?

Upvote 0

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Friend are you telling me salvation comes from keeping the ten commandments and selling every material possession I have including all my money?

I told you nothing, I said, was it not told and quoted the verses..

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I told you nothing, I said, was it not told and quoted the verses..

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

YOU THINK IT IS FOOLISH WHEN SOMEONE IS ASKING YOU HOW TO BE SAVED?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think I did not tell you, the verses tell us all.

To think I am telling you what to do is foolish, as I am telling nothing, it tells me, it tells you, it tells us all.

The Apostles are actual example of doing that for real,of having nothing and nowhere, so it was real.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In salvation which comes first - repentance and turning to God, or God's word of forgiveness?
Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the first and the last.

Of course, Jesus is first at every point.

You must believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and confess His name to be saved (Romans 10:9-10).

One cannot really repent of sin until they receive the Holy Spirit. Obviously, a person cannot receive the Holy Spirit until they believe in Jesus. Without the conviction of the Holy Spirit, a person's deeply held sinful thoughts and desires cannot be overcome.

We are not talking about a repentance concerning the theft of a chocolate bar, ten years ago.

We are talking about a very long list of very deep, powerful sins.

1 Self righteousness
2 Judging others
3 love of the world
4 love of money
5 Non forgiveness
6 Ignoring the poor
7 Gluttony
8 Idolatry
9 E.t.c

I don't even believe that anyone can repent fully of the desires, passions, and probably above all, self obsession, self love.

We are not in a daily conflict between the flesh and the Spirit, because we repented 20 years ago.

Upvote 0

Faithful777

Nov 16, 2021
Recife
✟1,680.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the first and the last.

Of course, Jesus is first at every point.

You must believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and confess His name to be saved (Romans 10:9-10).

One cannot really repent of sin until they receive the Holy Spirit. Obviously, a person cannot receive the Holy Spirit until they believe in Jesus. Without the conviction of the Holy Spirit, a person's deeply held sinful thoughts and desires cannot be overcome.

We are not talking about a repentance concerning the theft of a chocolate bar, ten years ago.

We are talking about a very long list of very deep, powerful sins.

1 Self righteousness
2 Judging others
3 love of the world
4 love of money
5 Non forgiveness
6 Ignoring the poor
7 Gluttony
8 Idolatry
9 E.t.c

I don't even believe that anyone can repent fully of the desires, passions, and probably above all, self obsession, self love.

We are not in a daily conflict between the flesh and the Spirit, because we repented 20 years ago.

The witness of God is greater than that of men..

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Love ( what is shed into our hearts) means we fulfil all in that love( or we fulfil nothing instead)

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The first time the gospel of Jesus Christ was preached after His death, burial and ressurection from the dead.
After
His chosen apostles got Holy Spirit baptism to preach the gospel.

When the new covenant of Christ came into effect, Hebrews 9:16-17.

The very first gospel unto salvation was preached by Peter in Acts 2.

Acts 2:37
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren what shall we do?

I desire you tell me, Faithful 777. But you apparently are not interested in sharing how to be saved.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said to them, REPENT and let everyone of you be BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Next we see how faith comes from hearing the gospel,
Romans 10:17
So then Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes from hearing the gospel Peter preached as well as the rest of the apostles preaching.

We must have faith to be saved
We must have repentance to be saved
We must have confession with ones mouth to be saved

Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Here is our example of confessing our faith in Christ Jesus,

Acts 8:37-38
Then Philip said if you believe with all your heart you may. AND HE ANSWERED AND SAID "I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD"

So he commanded the chariot to stand still and both Phillip and the Eunuch went down into the water and he baptized him.

We see that confession is not a pray as some believe but a public confession of faith in Jesus.

1John 4:15
Whoever confesses that Jesus is God, God abides in him, and he in God.

Matthew 10:32-33

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I also will confess before My Father who is in heaven.
But whoever denies Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

So we understand the gospel when preached by the apostles to the lost, it was more than just believe and you will be saved.

Jesus preached in order for God to save man we must obey His commandments.

These include all of His commandments to be saved.
Jesus gave more commandments after one is saved.

Last commandment Jesus gave for us to be saved is immersion in water,
Acts 22:16;
Mark 16:15-16

And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the GOSPEL to every creature.
He who BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED will be saved; but he whom does not believe will be condemned.

This is exactly what all the apostles taught how one is saved.

This is the gospel of Jesus Christ unto salvation.

Acts 16:30-33
And he brought them out and said, Sirs what must I do to be saved?

So they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household.

THEN THEY SPOKE THE WORD OF THE LORD TO HIM and to all who were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and his household were baptized.

Jesus requires everyone to believe and obey His gospel
Only then will God save them.

Hebrews 5:8-9
Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
And having been perfected, He became the author of ETERNAL SALVATION TO ALL WHO OBEY HIM.

Upvote 0