Which "BIBLE" is best ? Why it REALLY Matters !

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yea , how do we know which one is true or if any is true at all ?

I don’t know that we can know, in the Anglican Church we have scripture, tradition and reason to help and most of all prayer and the Holy Spirit to guide us.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be trolling your going on the ignore list.

2 Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

People tinkering with the bible to get $ is not a reason for a new and improved version.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know that we can know, in the Anglican Church we have scripture, tradition and reason to help and most of all prayer and the Holy Spirit to guide us.

Terrific, that's what people should do if that's what works for them the best and gets the Truth.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And since when did "luck" come into reading God's holy, Spirit inspired word, under the guidance of that same Holy Spirit?

Well there are various interpretations and opinions out there concerning how to interpret scripture. The idea of saying one person's opinions shall guide us all into the truth gave us the Pope. We baptists reject that way. Another method, of course, is to see how one's doctrines line up with reality. All those who deny evolution fail that test.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your inferring I am lying that is not the case. $ motivates later translations pure and simple. I don't know how many times people are going to ask, If the translation Tyndale did was worthy of his Death then it certainly must have made an impact on SOMEONE.

You're not lying, you are telling the truth as you know it. Tyndale's version indeed had impact! It brought scriptures to the common man in England! God was in that! But his translation was improved, later, by the KJV.

You should refrain from blanket motivation assignments. That's lazy thinking, and it results in condemnation of worthy people.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Canon was set approx 300 year after Christ . Early Church fathers quote books like Tobi which are not in our canon nowdays , don't know what and who believe anymore .

The Old Testament Apcryphal books were found in the Septuagint, which was the greek translation of the OT. They just showed up there, but since that was the version of the OT that was widely circulated in the church around the world, the fathers read it and quoted it. They are not found, however, in the Hebrew text and for that reason the protestant reformers insisted they be left out. So our protestant bibles lack some of the books found in the catholic bibles.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're not lying, you are telling the truth as you know it. Tyndale's version indeed had impact! It brought scriptures to the common man in England! God was in that! But his translation was improved, later, by the KJV.

You should refrain from blanket motivation assignments. That's lazy thinking, and it results in condemnation of worthy people.

The KJV would not have been with out Tyndale

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So our protestant bibles lack some of the books found in the catholic bibles.
Yahweh is Perfect and Says Himself that He Guards His Word.
ergo: no loss. no problem.
Rather perfectly designed by Yahweh, as always (and all that He desires accomplished)...
not by man's doing, not by man's strength, not by man's so-called wisdom or knowledge,
but
BY MY SPIRIT, says Yahweh - He perfectly did as He perfectly planned all along, since before He created the world or any life ....

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yahweh is Perfect and Says Himself that He Guards His Word.
ergo: no loss. no problem.
Rather perfectly designed by Yahweh, as always (and all that He desires accomplished)...
not by man's doing, not by man's strength, not by man's so-called wisdom or knowledge,
but
BY MY SPIRIT, says Yahweh - He perfectly did as He perfectly planned all along, since before He created the world or any life ....

Nice thoughts, but you don't make it concrete there. Which canon to you hold to be correct - the protestant or the catholic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,460.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously , your against the bible.

Seriously, I love, read, study and teach the Bible.

Either you genuinely don't understand the point I'm making, or you do understand but are ignoring it because you don't have an answer.
If you don't understand, I'll try to explain. If you don't have an answer; say so. But don't make the slanderous statement that I am AGAINST the Bible.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,460.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People tinkering with the bible to get $ is not a reason for a new and improved version.

Again, where's your evidence that people have been a) deliberately tinkering with the Bible and b) only doing so for money?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you trust men over* God ? *(instead of God?)

As others (may?) have posted recently (this year, etc) that God chose before the world even began , don't you believe God Breathed and Inspired and Directed and Guarded His Word
as He Decided before creating the world and all that is in it and all life ?

Nice thoughts, but you don't make it concrete there. Which canon to you hold to be correct - the protestant or the catholic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you trust men over* God ? *(instead of God?)

As others (may?) have posted recently (this year, etc) that God chose before the world even began , don't you believe God Breathed and Inspired and Directed and Guarded His Word
as He Decided before creating the world and all that is in it and all life ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Isaiah 55:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Jeremiah 17:5-8 NKJV - Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the - Bible ...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+17:5-8&version...
Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does any of that prove that the motive of the translators was to tinker with the Bible for $s?

One of the sites had over 314 different editions / versions of the bible are you saying those are all for altruistic reasons ? I highly doubt that.

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/BlasphemyBlasforyou

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52016/4-unusual-bible-translations

Klingon, Lolcats, The Word on the Street, Pidgin English,The Cotton Patch Bible, Hippie Bible, Stinque Zombie Bible, TheIsraelBible, The "Bible Emoji, Conservative Bible, American Patriot’s Bible

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 55:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Jeremiah 17:5-8 NKJV - Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the - Bible ...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+17:5-8&version...
Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord.

The King James version had the apocrypha as part of its translation. Do you accept the catholic version with the apocrypha, or the protestant version without the apocrypha? Why is it so hard for you to just tell us?

Upvote 0