✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like Joseph.  What a great story!! :clap:

When you consider the impact that this man's life had, when you sit down and really get into study of his life, you learn about character of both the believer and the God we serve.  To read the history of Joseph is something that everyone should do, from begining to end.  When you study the life of Joseph and Parallel it with Jesus's life, it is astounding the simularities of the two.

Second would be Paul, Do I have to explain.

Upvote 0

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only ONE!!! Yikes!

I love John, also, but I'd probably have to say King David - for his passion, the strength of his love for God, his openness, and for the fact that he could get it so wildly wrong, and yet still be loved so much by God. That's a big encouragement to me!

Upvote 0

stillsmallvoice

The Narn rule!
May 8, 2002
Maaleh Adumim, Israel
Visit site
✟18,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hi all!

I don't know that I relate to or admire him, but the Biblical character who most fascinates me is Saul. I find him to be incredibly complex and multi-layered from a psychological, emotional & spiritual point-of-view. Nothing that Shakespeare wrote can come even close to the sheer tragedy of Saul's life & carreer. I think it was Shakespeare who said that, "Some are born great, others achieve greatness and others have greatness thrust upon them." Saul definitely had greatness thrust upon him & the crown sat very uncomfortably on his head (so to speak). Every year, on the Sabbath immediately before our holyday of Purim (March 18-19 this year), we read I Samuel 15:2-34. The raw emotion and pathos of Samuel's fateful confrontation with Saul at Gilgal (verse 17-31) is incredible; it never fails to make me all teary-eyed, every year. (Nobody should ever have to get bawled out the way Samuel tears into Saul.) I think that it says something about Saul that despite all the bad blood between him and Samuel, Samuel still, "cried unto the Lord all night," for Saul and, "mourned for Saul," and that David, despite having been hunted and hounded by Saul, still, "wailed, and wept, and fasted until evening for Saul and for Jonathan," and left us the moving elegy for him in II Samuel 1:19-27.

Be well!

ssv :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
Usually, my pick is David. Same name, similar passion, etc. Just based on my mood now, I'd say Job. I'm finding we might have a few things in common, too. Although I doubt that I'll go through anything like he did (and hope not!) , but his story has given me a lot of inspiration in tough times.

Upvote 0

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
How can you not relate to Peter - at least sometimes. He was so incredibly passionate, right or wrong, about everything he did. He often spoke first and thought later. When he blew it, he blew it big. When he did it right, he did it big.

And you know what - the Master loved him, through everything. I even think personally he held a special place in Jesus' heart.

I have to respect that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am In no way no paul, However I admire him because of his faith in God, despite what he went through defending the gosple, anyone that went through what he went through and can continue to have faith and trust in God through it all, has a faith that everyone can admire.

you have to admire moses also, he had a chance to live a very comfortable life, and keep his personal life a secert,but he turn it down and chose to be treated as others.

Upvote 0