✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Because his God has decreed that this would happen;
Dan 2:44-45 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Dan 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Ps 2:7-9 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Rev 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

This "fallen", "sin-cursed", "dying" earth will pass away.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the purpose of a 1,000 year reign?
First, the purpose of the 1,000 reign is the same as the purpose for the Mosaic Law, and for the New Testament, and for the commandments prior to the Flood, and those immediately following the flood.

Second, the Scriptures actually STATE there will be a 1,000 year reign ..... so what's the purpose of your question?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
First, the purpose of the 1,000 reign is the same as the purpose for the Mosaic Law, and for the New Testament, and for the commandments prior to the Flood, and those immediately following the flood.

Second, the Scriptures actually STATE there will be a 1,000 year reign ..... so what's the purpose of your question?

Jesus reigns on a "fallen", "sin-cursed", "dying" earth for 1,000 years?

Why?

• Agree
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We are not going anywhere, we are already there.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Full Preterism Theology!

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Why?

Why would the real Jesus reign with sinners who are fornicating around him?

Jesus did say that in the resurrection no one will be given into marriage.

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2)

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Hebrews 9:28)

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. (John 14:19)

Neither does a sinful world be able to see or know the Holy Ghost.

The fact of the matter is that no person can see the glorified Jesus Christ unless they are also resurrected into their glorified bodies that don't die.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Full Preterism Theology!
With such a slim statement you are sure quick to make a judgement. I quoted Colossians which says that we are seated with Christ now. This is in our regenerated spirits, not our souls and bodies. However, when we shed the mortal body we will see where we already are now.

You remind me of students of psychology. They study all these various psychological conditions, then can not listen to anyone without immediately categorizing them into one of these conditions. You also remind me of students of film who get so into the details of film making that they can not simply enjoy a movie without analyzing everything in it. You have the same problem with your theological studies. You immediately judge a person in a theological heresy or view without really thinking about what that person is saying. How can you fulfill the great commandment to love one another as Christ loved us when you are so judgmental?

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Why would the real Jesus reign with sinners who are fornicating around him?

Jesus did say that in the resurrection no one will be given into marriage.

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2)

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Hebrews 9:28)

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. (John 14:19)

Neither does a sinful world be able to see or know the Holy Ghost.

The fact of the matter is that no person can see the glorified Jesus Christ unless they are also resurrected into their glorified bodies that don't die.

This would explain why Jerusalem today is really built up for the other guy, the AntiChrist aka Devil incarnate.

This is why Jesus left us with this final warning message...

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

The AntiChrist will not have the desire of women because he will portray himself as a celibate. If he showed himself as a formicator, then he would not be able to say that he is the Christ.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
With such a slim statement you are sure quick to make a judgement. I quoted Colossians which says that we are seated with Christ now. This is in our regenerated spirits, not our souls and bodies. However, when we shed the mortal body we will see where we already are now.

You remind me of students of psychology. They study all these various psychological conditions, then can not listen to anyone without immediately categorizing them into one of these conditions. You also remind me of students of film who get so into the details of film making that they can not simply enjoy a movie without analyzing everything in it. You have the same problem with your theological studies. You immediately judge a person in a theological heresy or view without really thinking about what that person is saying. How can you fulfill the great commandment to love one another as Christ loved us when you are so judgmental?

So are you saying now that your views are NOT Full Preterist?

So do you believe that Jesus is coming and will raise us up on the last day in the future, towards the end of the Great Harvest?

Or

Are you saying that Jesus had already raised us up on the last day, because the last day was 70AD?

Here is your statement...

We are not going anywhere, we are already there

So which of the above is it?

Have we already been raised ONLY spiritually from 70AD Full Preterist perspective or are we going to be raised in another real and intangible glorified body in the future, when Jesus comes to reunite us with him and we will forever be with him?

Which one is it friend?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So are you saying now that your views are NOT Full Preterist?

So do you believe that Jesus is coming and will raise us up on the last day in the future, towards the end of the Great Harvest?
I believe in the second coming of Christ and I think you are both a heresy hunter and doctrine police which makes you a judge of the law not a doer of the law.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I believe in the second coming of Christ and I think you are both a heresy hunter and doctrine police which makes you a judge of the law not a doer of the law.

You say you believe in the second coming of Jesus...hmmmm..then if I may ask has the second coming happened or is it yet to happen?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You say you believe in the second coming of Jesus...hmmmm..then if I may ask has the second coming happened or is it yet to happen?
It is yet to come. But, frankly, this is irrelevant. What matters is that God became the man Jesus Christ who was sinless and lived the perfect life to take the sins of the world upon himself. He was justified and raised from the dead 3 days later to be the high priest for all who call upon his name and receive his Spirit through the new birth by confessing their sin and need of a Savior. This is the faith. All who have the new birth and know Jesus by the Spirit are brethren. All other issues are secondary. Too many people strain at gnats while swallowing camels in their relationships with others.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jeffinjapan

Jun 8, 2017
New Orleans, LA
✟9,595.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When we are changed in the twinkling of an eye where are we going? Looked for scripture saying we are going to heaven as the many claim and found none. Are there any scriptures that say we are going to heaven at this time?
According to the teachings of the Patristic fathers, we will all go to Hades and await the resurrection and final judgement.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It is yet to come. But, frankly, this is irrelevant. What matters is that God became the man Jesus Christ who was sinless and lived the perfect life to take the sins of the world upon himself. He was justified and raised from the dead 3 days later to be the high priest for all who call upon his name and receive his Spirit through the new birth by confessing their sin and need of a Savior. This is the faith. All who have the new birth and know Jesus by the Spirit are brethren. All other issues are secondary. Too many people strain at gnats while swallowing camels in their relationships with others.

I have no issues with your statement. The Holy Bible is the Biographical account of our Crowned Monarch and High Priest Jesus Christ, therefore we preach the real Jesus from this primary source, to the unbelieving world at large.

Without the primary evidence of scripture, our testimony is not valid on its own, for it requires the testimony of two witnesses to validate the evidence of our faith to the world, as beacons of hope. So when we preach Jesus to the world, we are secondary evidence sources pointing others to the primary source and so it is a reciprocal conmission, as history has shown us, from the very founding disciples.

We are only counted as secondary evidential witnesses, to the primary source and our testimoney on its own doesn't stand, for we need the primary as far as our great commission to preach the gospel is concerned. We and the scriptures are two witnesses, for when we present it to the world we are showing our testimony alongside of scripture and never as separate. So that without scripture we have no grounds to preach Jesus and so this is the reason why Islam, Atheists, Liberals attack scripture and accuse those who carry it religiously as the primary evidential source of testimony as idolators and at the same time dismiss scriptures reliability.

There is no Christianity without the testimony of scriptures, alongside of our own testimonies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

There are many counterfeit gospels and counterfeits of the real Jesus. Notice the cults always couple their primary source books alongside their testimonies, whether it be the Mormons or the JWs.

The reason why apostles wrote to their congregation is to qualify their faith in contrast to those who also claimed to follow Jesus. If it was not religiously important for the apostles to write letters, then the simple I believe in Jesus and wing it yourself salvation would have been adequate and in this circumstance, the warnings that Jesus and the apostles gave in writings were not necessary for the edification of the congregation.

However, we have the benefit if hindsight, where the scriptures are our primary sources of the real Jesus, so holding these writings to dear life is what we have to fight against the wicked one who counterfeits his way in the midst of the sheep to devour the unsuspecting in faith.

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Wing it yourself salvation without religiously holding to the Bible will ultimately lead you astray into the new age Universalist Spiritist movements.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dartman said:

Why?
You didn't answer my question.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You still haven't answered my question in #84 .... which actually comes before #85.... If my math is right.

Thank you kindly.

You asked my the purpose of my question.

Am i correct?

I'll attempt to provide clarification then.

There is nothing in God's Word that says that Jesus Christ will reign for 1,000 years on a cursed, decaying and cursed earth.

That is why i am asking what i am asking.

Upvote 0