Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?

Is there a "gap" in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9"

• Total voters

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask, is there ANY precedent to discount what Newton proposed:
We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number. Had that been Daniel’s meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbering used by no nation.
If you cannot produce a scriptural reference supporting a gap, you are wasting my time and yours.

To All,
Why, when the intellect fails, does "human nature" resort to defamation? Apparently "Dave L" cannot resolve the Newton premise, and then diverts attention from the subject by accusing me of some "gap" theory.
Perhaps the only "gap" is when they call themselves "Christians".
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To All,
Why, when the intellect fails, does "human nature" resort to defamation? Apparently "Dave L" cannot resolve the Newton premise, and then diverts attention form the subject by accusing me of some "gap" theory.
And they call themselves "Christians".
Thanks,
DaDad
All of your hypothesis is based on a gap scripture does not support. And Newton was a Preterist so why bother?

• Agree
Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of your hypothesis is based on a gap scripture does not support. And Newton was a Preterist so why bother?
You, dear "brother" are a "Preterist", and the author of many articles on "Preterism". I've read several of them, and processed them accordingly, in a "circular file".
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You, dear "brother" are a "Preterist", and the author of many articles on "Preterism". I've read several of them, and processed them accordingly, in a "circular file".
Thanks,
DaDad
This is not true. I'm Amillennial

• Agree
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-the-70-weeks-of-dan-9.8077710/#post-73069314
LittleLambofJesus said:

Here are a few verses using these 2 hebrew words:

Daniel 9:24Seventy<7657> sevens<7620>.....................
7657 shib`iym. shib-eem' multiple of 7651; seventy:--seventy, threescore and ten (+ -teen).
The hebrew word #2852 is used only 1 time in the OT, so I can't find other verses to compare it to.....Most versions have "determined" or "decreed"

Daniel 9:24:..........are determined/decreed/divided<2852> upon thy people<5971>,..........
Daniel 9:24............and upon city-of<5892> holiness<6944> of thee..................
5892 `iyr eer or (in the plural) par {awr}; or ayar (Judges 10:4) {aw-yar'}; from 5782 a city (a place guarded by waking or a watch) in the widest sense (even of a mere encampment or post):--Ai (from margin), city, court (from margin), town.
6944 qodesh ko'-desh from 6942; a sacred place or thing; rarely abstract, sanctity:--consecrated (thing), dedicated (thing), hallowed (thing), holiness, (X most) holy (X day, portion, thing), saint, sanctuary.

Used 1 other time in Daniel.........

Daniel 9:16
O Lord, according to all Thy righteous acts, let turn back, I pray Thee, Thine anger and Thy fury<2534>
from Thy city<5892> Jerusalem, Thy holy<6944> mount, for by our sins,
and by the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Thy people are for a reproach to all our neighbours;

#2534 used in 2 other places in Dan:

2534 chemah khay-maw' or (Dan. 11:44) chemaC {khay-maw'}; from 3179; heat; figuratively, anger, poison (from its fever):--anger, bottles, hot displeasure, furious(-ly, -ry), heat, indignation, poison, rage, wrath(- ful). See 2529.

Daniel 8:6

And it cometh unto the ram possessing the two horns, that I had seen standing before the stream, and runneth unto it in the fury<2534> of its power.
[2 horns used only in Daniel 8 and 1 time in NT:
Revelation 13:11
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the land, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.]

Daniel 11:44

'And reports trouble him out of the east and out of the north,
and he hath gone forth in great fury<2534> to destroy, and to devote many to destruction;

2372. thumos thoo-mos' from 2380; passion (as if breathing hard):--fierceness, indignation, wrath. Compare 5590.

#2372 used 1 time in Gospels [Luke 4:28[ and 10 times in Revelation:

Revelation 15:1
And I saw another sign in the heaven, great and wonderful, seven messengers having the seven last plagues, because in these was completed the fury<2372> of God

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now back to the "gap" problem.

The Commentators create "solutions" for their failed "fulfillments". Some times they create punctuation intervals which defy language conventions typical of the "seven and sixty-two", which Newton correctly refuted, -- as no society buys a ~pair of shoes costing seven and sixty-two dollars plus tax~. Newton observed that if GOD wanted to say ~sixty-nine~, HE would have said ~sixty-nine~.

Another Commentator "solution" is to create a false historical record. They accomplish this by disregarding Scriptural specifics and feed you some other date/event nonsense.

As I've said before, people apparently have a desire to feel important, and they will tell you whatever they think you'll fall for. And there's no shortage of people who want to feel important, so be careful what you believe, by the Commentators or here in this Forum.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dave L said:
Thanks,
DaDad
This is not true. I'm Amillennial
I suppose I could be called an Amill Mid-Preterist, somewhere between Partial and Full.........
Now, back to the topic at hand........

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...eans-partial-preterism.7811721/#post-65239129
Futurist/Amil&PP (PP means partial preterism)

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, no gap.
Absurd and totally fraudulent idea.

What this site needs is a 'disagree' icon to also click on in regards to folk's posts. I can see using it on this post for sure. That icon would probably see a lot of action actually. :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I could be called an Amill Mid-Preterist, somewhere between Partial and Full.........

You need to make up your mind then. That wasn't what you were saying the other day though. You indicated you switched back to Premil. No wonder your posts are oftentimes difficult to decipher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What this site needs is a 'disagree' icon to also click on in regards to folk's posts. I can see using it on this post for sure. That icon would probably see a lot of action actually. :)
I generally use the "prayer icon"....:)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You need to make up your mind then. That wasn't what you were saying the other day though. You indicated you switched back to Premil. No wonder your posts are oftentimes difficult to decipher.
Pre-mill means that Jesus' 2nd coming/parousia happens BEFORE the 1000 yr period, correct? I agree with that
If I am not mistaken, Amills believe the 1000yr period is designating more of a spiritual time period instead of literal earthly period, correct? I agree with that
So I guess I am Pre-mill, Amill, and Mid-Preterist.......
I will be happy to discuss that on another thread.

For now, what do you think of my posts on Daniel 24 so far?

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

oldrunner

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟59,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
New here. :)

The gap is nice but what about just before for the context? "Your people and your Holy city". It's pretty obvious he is talking about the Jews, and Jerusalem. Church wasn't there, and everyone agrees that the literal Jews and Jerusalem was in view in 70AD. Right?

So why is this is not relevant for us today? Israel is a nation again, and if we stick to the text, Jerusalem is the context. 1967, Israel gains control of the Jerusalem. Since then, this is the only time the prophecies could of been fulfilled literally (with the second coming of Christ at the tail end)-in which we all agree I think? A double fulfillment-just like His coming twice, is what we need to see. Even if we don't see a gap, what is going on now should get our attention, and maybe review the positions we all hold so firmly? There will be no denominations in heaven.

IF we can't notice what is happening right before our eyes, what will we do when the Lord appears? We need to wake up brothers! :(

Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
New here. :)
The gap is nice but what about just before for the context? "Your people and your Holy city". It's pretty obvious he is talking about the Jews, and Jerusalem. Church wasn't there, and everyone agrees that the literal Jews and Jerusalem was in view in 70AD. Right? A double fulfillment-just like His coming twice, is what we need to see. Even if we don't see a gap, what is going on now should get our attention, and maybe review the positions we all hold so firmly? There will be no denominations in heaven.
Hello and welcome.

Jerusalem did get double fulfillment. 1st at the hands of the Babylonians, then at the hands of the Romans.
[Depends on what Great City is symbolized in Revelation]

Revelation 18:6
Render to Her as also she did render to you, and double to Her doubles according to Her works;

in the cup that she did mingle mingle to Her double.

Isaiah 40:2
"Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her forced labor has been completed, her iniquity has been pardoned;
for she has received from the hand of the LORD double for all her sins."

Jeremiah 16:18
And I will first repay them double their iniquity and their sin,

because they have defiled My land with the carcasses of their detestable idols, and they have filled My inheritance with their abominations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if a war kicks off and Israel is nuked, what then?

Israel and Jerusalem in the present are in bible prophecy,
But Dan 9 is predominantly about the first Century.

The present state that calls itself Israel is not really Israelite in any way, so you can't really superimpose Dan 9 onto it anyway, even if you want.

Once the fig tree does start to have leaves, i.e. Once the Temple is rebuilt and Levitical practices are resumed, then it will be game on. But this is not what Dan 9 prophesies.
In fact, Jesus was clear that his return has a nebulous time factor, and Revelation confirms this, so trying to cut and paste Dan 9 onto the present time is not only wrong, it is dangerous.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you deny that Christ fulfilled the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and spoken in His own words at the Last Supper in Matthew 26:28, and specifically applied to the "church" in Hebrews 12:22-24?

Lets see, by taking Jeremiah 31 in context

Jer 31
23 Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “They shall again use this speech in the land of Judah and in its cities, when I bring back their captivity:

Has this occurred yet? No

Did it occur when Jesus was on earth?? No

‘The Lord bless you, O home of justice, and mountain of holiness!’ 24 And there shall dwell in Judah itself, and in all its cities together, farmers and those going out with flocks. 25 For I have g]">[g]satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”

26 After this I awoke and looked around, and my sleep was sweet to me.

27 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man and the seed of beast. 28 And it shall come to pass, that as I have watched over them to pluck up, to break down, to throw down, to destroy, and to afflict, so I will watch over them to build and to plant, says the Lord. 29 In those days they shall say no more:

‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
And the children’s teeth are set on edge.’

30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity; every man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth shall be set on edge.

A New Covenant
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Has any of this occurred? Well no. Israel was destroyed in AD 70 because of her sin, They do not have Gods law written on their hearts, they are still to this day in rebellion. Do they all know the Lord? No. All Isreal has yet to be saved.

so no. It has not been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did Jesus die on the cross? When? When Daniel said he would cause the sacrifice to cease in around 30 AD, the middle of the 70th week.
Jesus died at the END of the 69th week.

And sacrifice and burnt offering continued in the temple until AD 70. almost 4 decades past this date.

As the author of hebrews said, Sacrifice and burnt offering (the blood of bulls and goats) NEVER took away sin. so his death would not cause it to stop anyway, The abomination of desolation did. You can not sacrifice in a holy place which has been made unclean.

Upvote 0