✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello All

Another simple question. So where does Scripture say the Beast is now?

God made man in his own image. Any one that has not been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ bears the image of man and not God: therefore they are not a man but a beast in the sight of God seeing he made MAN in his image.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Iron = strength
Clay= weakness
Daniel 2:42
And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Keep going, answer to my questions:

3.) And what does it means that "they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men"
4.) Why can't they cleave together?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yet the question is what does this beast actually represents?

Your statement indicates that you do not know what the beast represents so how can you state that it is not Papal Rome.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Keep going, answer to my questions:

3.) And what does it means that "they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men"

SEE post #113 for the answer

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your statement indicates that you do not know what the beast represents so how can you state that it is not Papal Rome.

I know exactly what I am doing. And I know who the beast is. However, that question was asked directly to ewq1938, not you.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
SEE post #113 for the answer

Wrong answer. The prophecy of iron and clay has nothing to do with the "strength" and "weakness" of nations through so-called "marriage."

I can see that you do not know how to compare Scripture with Scripture. You just compare verses with world history like a salad bar. My discussion with you on this is finished.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Except the beast in Rev is destroyed at the second coming's war of Armageddon so that eliminates the beast being Rome. Rome was a beast but of course it fell long ago and thus cannot be the last end times beast.
No. That's what many saints think. Even I thought that until I really examined it. Revelation 19 is not the second coming, contrary to popular belief. You're told how Christ will return in Acts 1:11.

What you have in Revelation 19 is Christ leading the church in spiritual warfare...this was seen in brief description in Revelation 6:1-2 (which many wrongly see as antichrist), really it's Jesus leading the spiritual battle. Compare Revelation 5:11-6:2, to Rev 19:11-19. Equally, Paul has told us the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but spiritual to the pulling down of strongholds. He further tells us what our weapons are in Ephesians 6:10-18.

The second coming is Revelation 20 and Matthew 25:31-46.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you disagree with this statement?

Remember that prophecy is history in advance and history is prophecy fulfilled.

No. I agree with scripture, not coined phrases. I equally know I don't have this all figured out...but I understand enough to know your view is way off.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry to disappoint you, it is YOU who do not understand Scripture. God was not talking about Rome as the fourth beast at all.

Let see, The "happy" camper suggested that the four beasts in chapter seven are the same as the four metals in the image? Okay, let test that theory. Tell me what does the legs, feet, and toes of iron and clay represented in Scripture that applies to the fourth beast that YOU believe is... Rome or some "Revived Roman Empire"?

1.) What does the iron represent in Scripture?
2.) What does the clay represent in Scripture?

You don't disappoint me at all. Nothing you've said has any biblical proof by scripture. As I've said before it's you forcing your view on scripture.

When God tells his prophets something it comes to pass. Messiah's kingdom is during the time of the fourth beast. When Jesus was born into the world Rome was the power...when Jesus began His ministry He said "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand"...Rome was the power, when Jesus was crucified it was at the hand of Rome, who was the power...and finally, when Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jews exiled, it was at the hands of Rome, who was the power.

Your questions are not relevant. Daniel's explanation was given him by God. Try a simple reading of Daniel 2 letting the scripture speak what it says...instead of you speaking to it, and you might understand it. Daniel didn't put a "spiritual spin" on it...so why would you?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you disagree with this statement?

Remember that prophecy is history in advance and history is prophecy fulfilled.

As I said, look deeper and see the Spiritual truths, rather than have our eyes on the outward flesh. We can listen to our carnal flesh, or we can listen to Christ. But not both.

Matthew 5:38-41
  • "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
  • But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
  • And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
  • And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain."
Here Christ is directly quoting Exodus 21:24 which was in Old Testament, and explaining that we must "look deeper" and understand that this Old Testament passage was not justification for God's people to kill to protect their worldly possessions. No, I'm not overlooking the Old Testament passages, but perhaps you are overlooking the New.

"The New Testament is in the Old concealed, and the Old Testament is in the New revealed."
-Aurelius Augustine

In other words,
"The Old Testament concealed is the New Testament Revealed"

The future plan of God is often hidden in the past. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter (Proverbs 25:2).

Selah!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I take this that you really could not be able to answer the questions biblically? :)
You can take it how you want. My point is when the passage is telling you exactly what the prophecy refers to, and you determine it's something else other that what the prophecy says, interpreting it to have some spiritual meaning, that's terrible interpretation.

This is not to say there are passages that require spiritual understanding but Daniel chapters 2 and 7 definitely don't.

Upvote 0