Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think they were Christian, at all.
Not Christ like.
They claimed they were, and probably ill taught Christians were involved, but that doesn't make it Christian (as in Christ like).
They believe he was a messenger of allah. They don't believe he was what is defined in Hebrew religious literature as messiah. Or that he was the son of god. Because they do not accept that allah had any mortal son.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think they were Christian, at all.
Not Christ like.
They claimed they were, and probably ill taught Christians were involved, but that doesn't make it Christian (as in Christ like).
To each their own. The sect that was behind the crusades would have to better answer for both of us don't you think?I don't see it as exemplifying what is credited to the christ and his demeanor either.
For god so loved the world that he sent his only son to kill people until the survivors converted out of fear of being next?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
They believe he was a messenger of allah. They don't believe he was what is defined in Hebrew religious literature as messiah. Or that he was the son of god. Because they do not accept that allah had any mortal son.
Well, a Muslim can answer that. I don't have a dog in the race between Christians and Muslims. I think you both are equally wrong.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To each their own. The sect that was behind the crusades would have to better answer for both of us don't you think?
It's not my opinion, it's the fruits by which you can know them.
Didn't you know this?

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
It's not my opinion, it's the fruits by which you can know them.
Didn't you know this?
Do you know what an Ignostic is?

Who led the Crusades?
If you know, what are you then saying about fruits and that Christian sect?

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Well, a Muslim can answer that. I don't have a dog in the race between Christians and Muslims. I think you both are equally wrong.
OK, I know I'm getting the red X in some posts here where an image would otherwise appear. But do you not see "Ignostic" beside the faith column on my profile here?

That's at least the second time someone has implied their thought that I'm religious.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
OK, I know I'm getting the red X in some posts here where an image would otherwise appear. But do you not see "Ignostic" beside the faith column on my profile here?

That's at least the second time someone has implied their thought that I'm religious.

Sorry, just got you mixed up here. Lots of posts, lots of quotes.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what an Ignostic is?
I don't really care, but it appears to mean Ignorant as a belief system.
Who led the Crusades?
If you know, what are you then saying about fruits and that Christian sect?
Rhetorical questions, you know the answers.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No, that's OK. I just wanted to see if other things are going awry like the image code thing is.
I appreciate your answer. :)

As a person who practices Judaism, I'd probably tell you that Jesus doesn't fit the Hebrew scriptures in either, but I imagine you know that'd be my position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't really care, but it appears to mean Ignorant as a belief system.
Rhetorical questions, you know the answers.

The charge of ,ignorant , was just embraced by you mate. You don't know what Ignostic is. But you judge me to be less than you. And then you answer the other question I posed by giving me credit to know the same thing you claim to in matters of religious history, faith and practice.

You're fun. :smarty:

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
As a person who practices Judaism, I'd probably tell you that Jesus doesn't fit the Hebrew scriptures in either, but I imagine you know that'd be my position.
I figured yes.
I've not spoken with the Hebrews on this before. Mind a few questions? Ignore these if the answer is yes.

You don't accept that Jesus was who he said and that the Christians took as truth?
What about all the historic evidences, I don't know them but I've heard that there are extra-biblical ones, that prove he did exist. And was who he said.
There is a former atheist who converted after he did an investigation to find out about those things. Reason I ask.

Are Jews still up for a messiah to arrive? Or do we non-Jews , or is it Hebrews being Jew is also a race, have that wrong?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You don't accept that Jesus was who he said and that the Christians took as truth?
Proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Basically, standard Jewish position is that nobody has ever accomplished the major prophecies that relate to the future, last king of Israel. And nobody has even gotten close since things like universal world peace, universal knowledge of G-d, all Jews and exiles returning to Israel, are things that are kind of a one-and-done thing. If those haven't been accomplished, we don't look for a person to be the Messiah.
What about all the historic evidences, I don't know them but I've heard that there are extra-biblical ones, that prove he did exist. And was who he said.
There is a former atheist who converted after he did an investigation to find out about those things. Reason I ask.
There are no contemporary sources. The ones that people point to are at least 70 years after the fact. Reason enough to believe that they are reporting what Christians have told them more than reporting events as they've happened. Now, it's a high bar to ask for something like that to happen at that time, but there it is.

Besides, even taking those as fact, we have Jew who claimed to be the Messiah, died at the hands of the Romans, and who's followers report he resurrected. There's nothing in there for me to latch onto.
Are Jews still up for a messiah to arrive? Or do we non-Jews , or is it Hebrews being Jew is also a race, have that wrong?

We're waiting for our Messiah, yes.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The charge
No charge, it appears that way (to me obviously).

Anyway, who indeed sprinkled me with grumpy dust? :)
Not sure actually, probably just tired of people who apparently come here without respect, curiosity or any clue of the faith.
Don't take it personally, i don't know you.
But i'm putting you on my ignore list.

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
After all that judgment and anger and grumpy dustyness and you then ask your god to bless me.
Thanks for not reading this. :) I don't think I could stand anymore hypocrisy with a cross attached to it.

Really.
Every Christian here gives an impression to every non-Christian, who are also guests just like they are and are allowed to join, what it means to believe in a man labeled as the Prince of peace. The King of Heaven. The Lord of Lords.

How do you think you're doing so far? Leading people to Christ by example.

Oh, ignore list. That's right. Ignore that request for personal religious introspection. :) Oops. You already did.

Hieronymus "one of or with a sacred name".
Yep, it's official. You're fun.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After all that judgment
I'm not judging you.
it seems you are eager to say i am judging you for whatever reason.
and anger
I'm not angry.
I explained myself to you just then.
and grumpy dustyness
:D
and you then ask your god
It's not my god, it is God.
He is not mine, i am his.
to bless me.
Yes, i hope everybody will be blessed by God.
Thanks for not reading this. :)
Well, at least i actually read something when i read something. :)
I don't think I could stand anymore hypocrisy with a cross attached to it.
But that's the opinion you already had, isn't it?
Regardless of what is actually said to you.
Yes, really.
And if i REALLY have hurt your feelings, i'm sorry.
But what do you expect, dear pudding ?
Every Christian here gives an impression to every non-Christian, who are also guests just like they are and are allowed to join,
Of course they're allowed to join, but they are also expected to have respect for the faith.
I mean, it's a Christian Forum, you see.
If you want to feed your prejudices, go gloat and scoff on Freethinker or something.
what it means to believe in a man labeled as the Prince of peace. The King of Heaven. The Lord of Lords.
It unfortunately also means to endure whiners and scoffers, which is rather tiring.
How do you think you're doing so far? Leading people to Christ by example.
How do you think you are doing so far, getting to understand something about it?
Oh, ignore list. That's right. Ignore that request for personal religious introspection. :) Oops. You already did.
Not yet, i'm trying to explain something to you, but you're too eager to be insulted, so what do you expect?
Hieronymus "one of or with a sacred name".
My actual real given name is derived from it, that's why.
Yep, it's official. You're fun.
You're a pudding.

Look, was i really too harsh on you?
Perhaps...
I'm sorry about that.
It's late here, i should have gone to bed already.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The charge of ,ignorant , was just embraced by you mate. You don't know what Ignostic is. But you judge me to be less than you. And then you answer the other question I posed by giving me credit to know the same thing you claim to in matters of religious history, faith and practice.

You're fun. :smarty:

He is a barrel of laughs.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
smaneck said:
The contradictions between the Tanakh and the New Testament are numerous.
Then maybe you should decide between the two and stop clinging to both.

If you see contradictions between the Tanakh and the new testament of the Bible, alright, but I don't see such that I wouldn't see how they are resolved. I don't decide between them because I believe what is shown from all of the Bible.

Noxot said:
the wisdom of the spirit surmounts the wisdom of men. to read with spiritual eyes that the bible was corrupted could mean that people did not understand what it was saying and thus it was "corrupted". angels work much harder than humans in this world to assure that everything points humans in a good direction as much as that is possible, but still, humans remain free to understand and believe whatever they want though the more spiritual light they have the less fleshly/childish problems they shall also have.

All people need light, and yet there is a darkness still for many, Jesus is the Light, as he said, that is needed for that darkness that many are in. Such Light has what the Bible is teaching shown, so corruption of what is to be understood is overcome, the Spirit guiding those who are believing, rather than angels being here for that. We still may have many problems yet, but Yahweh is gracious, we don't have to be overcome with our problems. Still there are many making bad choices. Yahweh is not willing that any should perish, but all with knowing of God need to come to repentance.

Upvote 0