Where is Lucaspa's list of transitional fossils?

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Vance said:
I need it for a YEC over on the Creation Science and TE forum, who would like a list with links.

By the way, any Christians here are invited to come on over and check out the new thread responding to an article he linked about the fossil record refuting evolution.
Don't bother, Vance. I've glanced over the threads in question, and if it's for the YEC I think it's for, you're wasting your breath.

Nothing in heaven or Earth is going to pierce the wall of arrogance and ignorance that one's built around himself.

Man, lurking that Creation Science board always depresses me...

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
I saw the posts in question (along with a bunch of others) and I agree with Nathan: don't bother. No matter what you throw out he'll just respond with, "that's just your opinion, it's not been proven" or some such thing. He's already made up his mind, so why waste your time?

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but you were always willing to listen and made sensible arguments and could recognize sensible arguments (thus your acceptance of TE). I have already given up on him and let him know.

I agree that it gets very depressing seeing the level of wilfull ignorance. Not just ignorance, but *wilful* ignorance as us attorneys call it. And just as in the law, wilfull ignorance is no excuse.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
If you wanted, you could bring up this article, Taxonomy, Transitional Forms, and the Fossil Record, which contains some fossil sequences for higher taxa.

He'll probably hand-wave it away (like he seems to have everything else people bring up), but it might benefit some lurkers.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Well, I notice this person has gone from wanting transitionals, to wanting pictures, to wanting photographs. I have a feeling they'll next claim they'll want the real fossils.

I wouldn't waste your time anymore Vance. They are shifting goalposts all over the place in an effort to deny any evidence. Heck, you could probably line up an entire transitional series right in front of their eyes and they'd still bury their head in the sand.

If you still want to debate with this person, I'd do it for the benefit of the lurkers. Focus on delivering evidence, rather than getting into a protracted argument about who responded to what.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michali

Teleologist
Aug 1, 2003
Florida
✟10,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jet Black said:
we should hold a CF science forum meet in pensacola florida outisde hovind's dino museum thing and do just that.
I live in that state.

"Banned"??- Don't freak me out like that, Jet.

-edit- I guess my title is also guilty of being freaky.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
ByGrace said:
Where is Lucaspa's list of transitional fossils?

Certainly not where real things are located.
Probably not. Apparantly the "real" shelf is cluttered with volumes about magic trees and talking snakes. Who put that there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cantuar

Forever England
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Agnostic
Vance, your creationist is making a lot of assertions and not backing them up. I'd hold his feet to the fire on some of those things like all the scientists who've embraced YECism because it's good science and only converted to Christianity later. Just shrugging it off with "I know I read it somewhere" really isn't good enough. Plus, if you answer his questions in your own words rather than with links to TalkOrigins, he'll have to do likewise if he's to appear to have any credibility in terms of scientific knowledge. At the moment he's stonewalling the whole time.

Upvote 0

pureone

Evolution =/= atheism
Oct 20, 2003
✟1,331.00
Faith
Agnostic
Vance, patience is a virtue, and you are far more virtuous than i'd be. I read the threads this is for, and i see only that you have good evidence and the fellow is doing a dance around them. He keeps wanting more and more, up to the actual creatures alive and well in front of him, at which point he would say that they are no longer T.S. but actal species. arrggg. I see why the creationists avoid this forum except to put forth nonsense and run.
I mean,
I don't attack christianity or notions because I am not a theologian(except when certain fundies refuse to actually consider other possibilities, and then its just Ad hominem-I admit it). The line between beleif and science is so blurred over there that I can't take more than a few minutes at a time.
Reading a pile of creationists books about evolution does nothing to explain evolution or biology or microbiology or bichemistry to these people, nor do these books actually seem to have ways to scientifically disprove evolution.

Upvote 0