Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If enough average people believe in climate change, it will magically go away.
Another whizzbang argument, for being scientifically illiterate and really not caring about people in the developing world, I see.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What might said intended meaning be?
I dont know. Thats for Christians and Jews to figure out. Plenty of them have done that to their satisfaction. The alternative is they close their eyes to everything all around them in order to preserve the literal account.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont know. Thats for Christians and Jews to figure out. Plenty of them have done that to their satisfaction. The alternative is they close their eyes to everything all around them in order to preserve the literal account.
The focus part didnt work very well.
Like had the opposite effect.

Closing eyes.

Few probably enjoy cog diss. Or want to squarely
face the failure of their integrity.

I guess that leaves only changing beliefs, or,
shutting eyes. Most opt for what's easier and
more comfy.

t

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another whizzbang argument, for being scientifically illiterate and really not caring about people in the developing world, I see.
Ah one gets to think highly of oneself as well.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
She has accepted the current climate science. Which is not that the climate is changing but that it is man caused and it is catastrophic unless we do something to stop or reverse it.
The rapid climate change we see today is overwhelmingly due to causes produced by mankind. And it will result in certain effects, some of which we can already see (e.g. more frequent/powerful North Atlantic hurricanes).

So yes she has been corrupted because she now believes this thought process.
This is not corruption; this is following the evidence (or even just opening your eyes).

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And you enjoy the befits of science so...
-
Where is it written because men using knowledge of math, chemistry, etc.... to make things. That everything that is spewed out of the mouths, of men of science, has to be believed.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If enough average people believe in climate change, it will magically go away.
Yes, if you, Mr and Mrs Average; kowtow to your betters in government, who reside in mansions consuming tens of thousands of kilowatts, drive to the office in a motorcade, fly to conferences in private jets, spend their time on private yachts, and are more wasteful than you'll ever dream of being; indeed, "climate change" will be solved!!! Yay.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, quotation marks and italics do serve a useful purpose, unlike my old schoolmate Jaques de Gastineau, who serves a youthful porpoise.

View attachment 339713

There once was an older, learned gentleman who had learned the secret of how to enable dolphins to live forever. Quite by accident he had stumbled upon the formula, for which the main ingredient was baby seagulls. Believing this to be his ticket to fame, fortune, and hopefully a Nobel prize, the man started to chronicle his experiments with the local dolphin population. He worked diligently for many months and was very conscientious in recording his results.
One day he noticed he was running short on his main ingredient and so he made plans to travel to the nearby cliff face to collect more baby seagulls. It was nerve wracking dangerous work clambering around to collect these baby birds but he persevered until he had enough to finish off his experiments. Carrying his haul back to his vehicle he was amazed to find a lion lying across his path! Thinking back he had remembered hearing on the news of an old, toothless lion that had somehow escaped from the state zoo. Apparently the poor bewildered beast had ended up and the sea shore and was now blocking the only path back to the parking lot. The man tried in vain to shoo the beast away but it ignored him and simply went to sleep. As the beast was seemingly not inclined to attack our intrepid hero leaped over the sleeping lion and was immediately arrested by federal agents who were hiding in the bushes.

The Charge: Transporting young gulls across a state lion for immortal porpoises.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Just not so many fundy / evangelicals.
Those come primarily from lower educational
rungs, and many sects actively discourage
education.
Well I come from one of those uneducated, evangelical groups. Although I have a college education.

Being educated however doesn't make you smart. It just gives you information. And that information isn't always correct.

But that being said, I am reminded what Paul said about worldly smarts. And he was very educated.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Source: 1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

The scriptures also say this.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Source: 53 Bible verses about Intelligence

So claiming to be smart or wise because one is educated really is meaningless if it's worldly because it has nothing to do with God's wisdom, the Fear of the Lord or the k knowledge of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's called wisdom.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The rapid climate change we see today is overwhelmingly due to causes produced by mankind. And it will result in certain effects, some of which we can already see (e.g. more frequent/powerful North Atlantic hurricanes).

This is not corruption; this is following the evidence (or even just opening your eyes).
Yeah I know that's what many believe.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, if you, Mr and Mrs Average; kowtow to your betters in government, who reside in mansions consuming tens of thousands of kilowatts, drive to the office in a motorcade, fly to conferences in private jets, spend their time on private yachts, and are more wasteful than you'll ever dream of being; indeed, "climate change" will be solved!!! Yay.
Ah yes, the old "Al Gore is a fat hypocrite therefore global warming is a hoax" argument. I haven't seen that in a while.

Unfortunately Vice President Gore was news 20 years ago. Headlines today are about the record warm months and years. It's not hypothetical anymore.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see why anyone should be thought of as the Green Eyed Monster if they do believe in climate change or if they don't. Who say one has to even be a denier or one who accepts it anyway? Tell me what's to be gained by accepting it or rejecting it? Is the world going to stop spinning because I John Doe take ether position? Has one become an EVIL person because they don't understand the why of why the wind blows this way or that and for what reason?
And this statement that this one is now an advocate of clean energy you don't have to be one who believes in climate change to not want to see that.
The Green Eyed Monster is jealousy. Nothing to do with climate change.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I know that's what many believe.
No, it has nothing to do with "belief". There are actual scientific observations that are being made showing that there are no natural factors causing the warming and in fact we should be in a period of cooling. The only observed factor is an increase of anthropogenic* atmospheric carbon dioxide from 320 ppm to ~420 ppm.

We're having record months and years on a regular basis. Ice sheets are shrinking and the Atlantic Conveyor is starting to act up. Climate related disasters are increasing in intensity.

* We know this because of the isotope ratio. https://www.climate.gov/news-featur...build-carbon-dioxide-atmosphere-caused-humans

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
A heavy handed attempt at
sarcasm / claims of hypocrisy.

Terrif.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There once was an older, learned gentleman who had learned the secret of how to enable dolphins to live forever. Quite by accident he had stumbled upon the formula, for which the main ingredient was baby seagulls. Believing this to be his ticket to fame, fortune, and hopefully a Nobel prize, the man started to chronicle his experiments with the local dolphin population. He worked diligently for many months and was very conscientious in recording his results.
One day he noticed he was running short on his main ingredient and so he made plans to travel to the nearby cliff face to collect more baby seagulls. It was nerve wracking dangerous work clambering around to collect these baby birds but he persevered until he had enough to finish off his experiments. Carrying his haul back to his vehicle he was amazed to find a lion lying across his path! Thinking back he had remembered hearing on the news of an old, toothless lion that had somehow escaped from the state zoo. Apparently the poor bewildered beast had ended up and the sea shore and was now blocking the only path back to the parking lot. The man tried in vain to shoo the beast away but it ignored him and simply went to sleep. As the beast was seemingly not inclined to attack our intrepid hero leaped over the sleeping lion and was immediately arrested by federal agents who were hiding in the bushes.

The Charge: Transporting young gulls across a state lion for immortal porpoises.
If you like that joke, you'll love this one.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

A train conductor was conducting his train when he derailed it and the train suffered a terrible crash. Only those in the front of the train survived. He was put on trial for the murder of nearly a hundred people. He was found guilty and sentenced to death by the electric chair.

When asked what he'd like for his last meal, he replied simply with "A banana, if you will." The prison guard shrugged, got a banana, and gave it to the poor man. The conductor ate the banana in regular fashion and braced himself for death. He was seated on the chair, fastened in, and was ready for what was about to happen.

However, after the electricity was activated, nothing happened to the conductor. The prison guard was shocked and, not knowing what to do, simply let him go unscathed.

In a few days, the conductor was back to work. A few days after his return to the train business, he managed to derail yet another train, again killing nearly a hundred people but surviving the crash. As before, he was trialed and found guilty of mass murder. Again, he was sentenced to death by electric chair.

It was the same prison guard as before. He was surprised to see the conductor again but held his tongue, for the man was about to die and it would be rude to question him.
"What would you like for your last meal, sir?" The conductor respond as he did last time: "A banana, if you will." The prison guard shrugged, got a banana, and gave it to the poor man. The conductor ate the banana in regular fashion and braced himself for death. He was seated on the chair, fastened in, and was ready for what was about to happen.

The electricity was activated and the conductor was prepared. But, as before, the conductor was unhurt. The prison guard checked for any malfunctions but found nothing, not believing the entire situation was possible. In shock as before and not knowing what to do, the guard let the conductor go.

The conductor was, against all odds, alive and was still allowed to continue his job as a train conductor even though he was responsible for the death of almost two hundred people.

He was thankful to be allowed to continue his job but also scared. He would try not carefully from now on. However, this idea didn't help much as on the first train he was conducting after the chair, he managed to somehow crash yet another train. He was the only survivor of the train, which contained over a hundred people. He was trialed and, again, found guilty of the murder of over a hundred people. He was sentenced to death by electric chair.

The prison guard was the same, the surprise was the same, the procedure was the same. After giving the banana to the conductor, the guard was silent. He couldn't bring himself to say anything, all he could do was prepare the chair.

The man sat in the chair, expecting death. The guard activated it and, again, the conductor was unscathed. The prison guard couldn't contain himself. He simply had to ask, "How did you manage to survive the electric chair 3 times? Did the banana have something to do with it?" The conductor responds with: "No, I suppose I'm just not a good conductor."

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No, it has nothing to do with "belief". There are actual scientific observations that are being made showing that there are no natural factors causing the warming and in fact we should be in a period of cooling. The only observed factor is an increase of anthropogenic* atmospheric carbon dioxide from 320 ppm to ~420 ppm.

We're having record months and years on a regular basis. Ice sheets are shrinking and the Atlantic Conveyor is starting to act up. Climate related disasters are increasing in intensity.

* We know this because of the isotope ratio. https://www.climate.gov/news-featur...build-carbon-dioxide-atmosphere-caused-humans
I see you believe it too. There is research that says otherwise.

Three new studies say humans are not the cause of global warming

But then I don't expect to change your mind and you won't change mine. Just know that those of us who dont believe it's us humans fault, have reasons for doing so.

• Winner
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, the old "Al Gore is a fat hypocrite therefore global warming is a hoax" argument. I haven't seen that in a while.

Unfortunately Vice President Gore was news 20 years ago. Headlines today are about the record warm months and years. It's not hypothetical anymore.
I was actually thinking of current hypocrites like John Kerry , Leo DiCaprio, and the moral busybodies of the WEF, but you're welcome to throw Al Gore in there too.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0