Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You literal folks need to put on the full armor of God.
full
(Done. See my avatar...)

That is an overly simplistic comparison. The material that the armor is made of is a clue that it is intended to be taken figuratively. If it was brass, wood, leather, etc., then it would have been meant to be taken literally.

In the command to not partake of the KOGE* Tree, He said that we may partake of any other tree in the Garden. With the exception of the Tree of Life, that meant the natural/conventional fruit trees. (And the KOGE & Life trees were lumped together with them.)

Either they were all literal or it was a mix of the literal & the figurative. (The context of the command does not support the latter.)

*Knowledge of Good & Evil.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ChetSinger
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The four rivers named in Genesis 2:11-14 were
  1. the Pison/Pishon,
  2. the Gihon,
  3. the Hiddekel (a.k.a. the Tigris) &
  4. the Perath (a.k.a. the Euphrates)
The reason that I think #1 & 2 are uncertain is because they existed in a different topography (like Pangea).
Genesis 2:10
That in itself would be a clue. Rivers often converge, but hardly ever diverge. When one river splits into two, it's usually only a temporary situation, until the dominant one cuts a deep enough river bed to exclude the other. For one river to diverge into four would be remarkable.

The splitting of a river could happen only one way. In this case, the area is very flat, and the river meanders like a snake, potentially splitting into two equally favorable directions. Both rivers are in the same watershed and end up emptying in the same sea, or even converging into a single outlet. For the river to lie at the crest between two or more watersheds would be an absurdity, because the rivers always flow away from the watershed boundary. They don't run along mountain ridges and spill over onto two sides, or in this case four. In other words, just as the Tigris and Euphrates both rejoined at the same Persian gulf, the other two likely rejoined these two rivers and ended up in the same place. So, while the divergence might have been a temporary state, the convergence would not. The other two might be found, if they still exist, among the others that run down the same mountain face and merge with the Tigris.

The location of the garden of Eden can't be know as the flood of Noah would've destroyed it.

You suggest that the tree of life died. That's pretty ironic.

• Winner
Reactions: Stephen P
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟95,889.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The location of the garden of Eden can't be know as the flood of Noah would've destroyed it.

How could it be destroyed if there is cherubim guarding it, why didn't God just destroy it himself? That's because it's NOT a literal tree and it serves no spiritual purpose as a literal tree.

It hasn't been destroyed, but lives in every true Christian that has been born again, that's why we bear fruit, the fruit we bear comes from the tree of life within us, who is the father (John 15:1-8). May God open your spiritual eyes so you can see this (John 3:10-12).

Upvote 0

Stephen P

Jun 5, 2020
SYDNEY
✟18,396.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The tree is a literal tree with spiritual meaning.
"It's not a literal tree, it is a spiritual tree which represents the Father. If you want to eat of the tree of life you eat the flesh of Jesus and drink of his blood"
Paulus59 with respect, I agree with -57
1. Because Adam Physically ate from the Tree of Knowledge, so the Tree of Life was surely Physical why have two different things?
2. Spiritually, the Tree is Eternal Life with God, because that is what the Tree will be when it is physically uncovered and .
3. I understand that Jesus is talking about metaphorical Flesh and Blood.
4. BUT, Jesus - as God - setup a new Covenant in the New Testament by creating the Communion. The Communion - as approved by God - is a Spiritual and representation of Jesus sacrifice.. and is a washing, not a feeding of us.
However it has the SAME outcome, The arguing Jews wanted Eternal Life thru the Tree, Jesus said, paraphrase..
"OK You want the Tree hey? Well have your sins forgiven by washing your sins away thru my Communion, and you will be able to have Eternal life."
ie you will be able to live with the Saved at End Times, and while you do NOT have eternal life now, Thru the Communion, you WILL be Raised and you Will be able to eat from the Tree again in the End days...
So for todays times, the tree is Spiritually in the future.
the NOW Is Jesus Communion.

Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Where is Eden?
--

I imagine Eden to be a tropical paradise teeming with all sorts of life with beautiful clear aqua blue lagoon, waterfalls, and powder fine white sand beaches. Not too hot, not too cold, just cool. I don't think it has winter or autumn. Otherwise, Adam and Eve would have to wear winter clothes. I don't think it has a middle eastern climate either.

The only info we have is the climate. This tells me it's somewhere in the cool tropics.

I'm not saying that Eden is somewhere in the tropics. All I'm saying is that if we want to experience Eden, we go to the tropics. The sunset there is so beautiful with the sound of the waves so calming and therapeutic. We swim in the cool tropical blue water, enjoying the beauty of nature.

Eden was already gone during the flood. The trees are just symbolic of the Lord and the Devil. The tree of life or the tree of infinity is already in you -- the Holy Spirit, to enable us to become immortal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How could it be destroyed if there is cherubim guarding it, why didn't God just destroy it himself? That's because it's NOT a literal tree and it serves no spiritual purpose as a literal tree.

It hasn't been destroyed, but lives in every true Christian that has been born again, that's why we bear fruit, the fruit we bear comes from the tree of life within us, who is the father (John 15:1-8). May God open your spiritual eyes so you can see this (John 3:10-12).
Are you also saying the garden wasn't a literal garden?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eden is already gone during the flood. The trees are just symbolic of the Lord and the Devil. The tree of life or the tree of infinity is already in you -- the Holy Spirit, to enable us to become immortal.
Are you also saying the garden didn't exist? When one turns the tree's into symbols it sounds As if you are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is Eden?
Use The Tree of Life as a pointer because it still exists and is still in the LOCATION of EDEN.

None of us know...yet. Look me up in 1000 years, and I will be able to tell you without hesitation. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Stephen P
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's possible it was a real garden, but more than anything I think it symbolizes a spiritual garden that we have in the Kingdom of God.
The Bible presents the garden as a real literal historical garden.

Upvote 0