Status
Not open for further replies.

puriteen18

Oct 25, 2003
Alabama
✟703.00
Faith
Anglican
Into New Hersey's Cookies and Creme! (never mind my silliness)

Just wondering if there were anymore out there.

I saw the Liberated Lutheran thread and thought we needed one too.

Maybe we can get some Psalms going or give some Biblical arguments against early heresies (or modern ones). You know all those wonderful things that we Calvinists are best at. (my silliness again)

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you. :wave:

II Paradox II

Oracle of the Obvious
Oct 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟860.00
Faith
Calvinist
puriteen18 said:

heh... it seemed like the Lutherans were taking over last week... :)

Anyways, I am a reformed baptist, though I attend presby churches from time to time as I have many friends who go there (my favorite pastor to listen to is Tim Keller, a PCA guy from back east).

ken

Upvote 0

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PNG said:
Yo :wave: I'm glad to see Puriteen started a new music thread, too, as the last one got shut down.

I dunno. Ive noticed that seems to be a very difficult thing to do on this forum.
Those involved usually end up fighting with one another. I would love to see these discussions return, though.

Pick a subject and feel free. I would only ask that you carefully read the rules link at the bottom of this page as well as any sticky threads concerning any ammended rules.

Upvote 0

Ron S

VideoKilledTheRadioStar
Feb 3, 2004
✟186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Calvinists are a mystery to me.

Calvin claimed that since salvation is by God's grace, and God is all-powerful, God knows who will and who will not be saved.

So I deduce that people subscribing to such beliefs may dedicate their lives to Calvinist Christianity, and never know whether or not they are predestined.

Upvote 0

Jason1646

Oct 9, 2003
NH
Visit site
✟520.00
Faith
Protestant
puriteen18 said:
Into New Hersey's Cookies and Creme! (never mind my silliness)

Maybe we can get some Psalms going or give some Biblical arguments against early heresies (or modern ones). You know all those wonderful things that we Calvinists are best at. (my silliness again)

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you. :wave:

Still lurking ...
scared.gif

~Jason

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

puriteen18

Oct 25, 2003
Alabama
✟703.00
Faith
Anglican
II Paradox II said:
heh... it seemed like the Lutherans were taking over last week... :)

Anyways, I am a reformed baptist, though I attend presby churches from time to time as I have many friends who go there (my favorite pastor to listen to is Tim Keller, a PCA guy from back east).

ken
I too am a 1689er (don't let the Presbies find out).

My favorite preacher is Mr. Paul Washer of Heart Cry Missions. Definately the Johnathan Edwards of our day.

You can hear his sermons at http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

They're wonderful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Holy Warrior

In need of direction
Jan 24, 2004
Edinburgh
✟10,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm a good Presbyterian :)

Ron, I read the thread you pointed to. I don't mind honest questions, but it really winds me up when people start going on in such a vindictive manner- they know you won't respond in kind, and if you do, they've got one over on you.

Ah well, I suppose it's just one of life's little trials :sigh:

Upvote 0

puriteen18

Oct 25, 2003
Alabama
✟703.00
Faith
Anglican
Jason1646 said:
Plagiarist. ;)

~Jason
I think the Assembly of 1689 put it this way

"we have no itch to clog religion with new words".

See, it sounds soooo much better that way. :holy:

If it helps most of my fellow Southern Baptists enjoy to call people like me "Deep-Water Presbyterians", a name which I have grown fond of.

Ecclesia Reformata et Sempre Reformanda! (I meant that towards the Reformation in the SBC)

Upvote 0

II Paradox II

Oracle of the Obvious
Oct 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟860.00
Faith
Calvinist
Lotar said:
I feel sorry for the Calvinists on this board, I think the Lutherans are the only ones here who don't feel it's their life's purpose to convert you from "the dark side" :D
heh... all I could think of when I read this was the star wars theme song starting up in the background as we walk in room bearing our dog eared edition of the Institutes... ready to torture the rebellious arminians with our sovereignty proof-texts until they give up and join us as well...

"we find your lack of faith... disturbing..." (darth vader) ;)

ken

Upvote 0

II Paradox II

Oracle of the Obvious
Oct 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟860.00
Faith
Calvinist
puriteen18 said:
I too am a 1689er (don't let the Presbies find out).

My favorite preacher is Mr. Paul Washer of Heart Cry Missions. Definately the Johnathan Edwards of our day.
hmm.. nice, I'll have to listen to a few. I love Edwards though. His work on religious experience is definitely the best out there.

ken

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.