Jan 29, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's always good to know where people work, you get a better insight of that person.. and a topic to PM about, or bring up in the ChatBox.

I'll start this up.
I used to work for Starbucks, serving up a mean cup of coffee, but now I'm employed with the Marriott as their Front Desk.

Don't forget to ask questions too, it brings the fun into it!

Alright, GO. :clap:

Reactions: S53

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to work at McDonalds and then a small cafe while at school.

Now I am at uni and working part-time for 'The Department of Aging, Disability and Home Care' - my job involves working in residential homes for people with intellectual disabilities in a caring role. It is a pretty good job. A lot of work but rewarding.

Upvote 0

icarusforde

I'm really good at breaking things.
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2008
New Zealand
✟173,523.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'd be more interested to know how anyone's managed to get employed at all, considering the economy. I can't get so much as an interview lately.
Yes, i is wondering the same thing....

I has an application in ATM, and hoping/praying that i get an interview, and more specifically, the job....

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to work at a shoe store called Shoe Show..I was there for 3 years. Then last year I got hired (before I even applied) at a store called Belk where I work in the shoe dpt.:doh: I've asked for an area transfer so in the next few weeks I'll be training in home store. That's where all the bedding, cook ware, dishes and such are...I'll also be doing bridal registry and china orders. I'm just happy to be getting out of shoes, it'd be even better if I could just get an office job...I hate working with the public since they are, in general, rude and flat out stupid.

Upvote 0

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to figure out how to concisely describe my occupation... for tax purposes, I'm a self employed private contractor listed as a "sound technician". But I'm not actually an engineer or "technician"... I'm also not a "roadie" as I don't go "on the road" (touring). I get contracted by a music production/PA rental company to provide labor for setting up stage, lights and sound for events ranging from graduations and parties, to corporate events, to shows and concerts. But my relationship with the company I work with is as if I were actually an employee.

What I do is set up for any kind of live sound situation, and in a full work day I might load the trucks at the shop and unload them on site; build a stage; assemble lifts and truss; place speakers, monitors, lights, microphones and other musical equipment; assist in patching and setting up consoles; perform the duties of a stage hand or assist an engineer; then take everything down and load the trucks again when the show is done. The company I work with is based in Brooklyn but we do work all over the city, on Long Island, and even in New Jersey and Connecticut.

I also occasionally do woodwork and/or painting with a friend of the family.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I worked at my college's bookstore at the beginning of this year. It was pretty fun. But it was really tiring. 7 hour shifts after full days of school, constant work helping people find books, stocking shelves, cleaning, etc. It was fun though.

I used to work as a volunteer in my church library... I don't know how many years.. but I started when I was 15 I think.

At present I have no job, and cant find one. I'm hoping to get one in the public library system, or maybe an academic library. Whatever I can find.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'd be more interested to know how anyone's managed to get employed at all, considering the economy. I can't get so much as an interview lately.

I don't know about the US but in Australia there is still a huge need in our welfare system. Specifically in aged care and disability. It is at the point where the government is giving free training to be able to gain these jobs. That is how I got in, as well as a good word from my mother who was already working within the department.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.