Where do you meet Christian girls?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
If you're in a particularity evangelical mood, then you could find yourself a non Christian girl, and see how it pans out.

If the girl is easy to get along with, makes you feel at ease, laughs at all of your crap jokes, and balances out all of your traits nicely by being the 'yin to your yang', then she's absolutely worth a shot, regardless.

Just make sure that you're a good sales rep for Christ. Don't be sanctimonious and holier than thou. Be patient, and in time she'll slowly and gradually see a brighter side to Christian life, as she sees the way you live your life.

The fact is, you could be waiting for the rest of your life for what you think is the 'one' - when by which time, half of your life has passed you by, and you're still on your Larry.

Upvote 0

Znex

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Linguaphile
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney, NSW
✟8,115.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really a fan of dating a non-Christian girl and trying to evangelise her at the same time. What's to happen if she doesn't decide to become a Christian? Should you still date her even going towards marriage with the hope that maybe she'll become a Christian before she dies? And what's she to think of your attempts to evangelise her?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'm just throwing an idea out there really... I personally wouldn't evengelise someone because it's not my style. I'd take an non-Christian woman, and just run with it. But that's just me, I'm a risk taker.

I'm just saying it's good to be broad minded. Christian or not, we are all still humans living on this rock together. I don't like to categorise people with labels - it's why there's so much intolerance in the world. Just live and let live, and if you like someone, then go on. You won't know if you don't try.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its also good to start to build friendships with someone your interested in so you can get to know them better. At least that's my opinion. I personally tend to fall for Christian men that I become friends with. And if that doesn't always work for one person you like it may work for the next. :)

Upvote 0

sehnsucht9

Sep 1, 2014
✟15,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Open your door, step outside, and go talk to people. You're bound to run into a Christian or two in your travels.

I've met Christian men at church, in secular workplaces, coffee shops, and even walking down the street. Christians don't (and shouldn't) stay in one place. We're everywhere.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would have to say I disagree reesespeices. The Bible says not to marry someone who doesn't believe if you are a Christian and I have seen exactly why. Your morals and beliefs will clash and when time comes for kids one parent will want to teach them one thing while the other will teach them the opposite. One parent goes to church and the other fights the whole way there and back and then gossips about how much they hate the church people, arguments and so forth till one or the other compromises and if the Christian compromises then they have lost their salvation for someone they shouldn't have been with in the first place. I see it ALL the time.....very sad.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your morals and beliefs will clash and when time comes for kids one parent will want to teach them one thing while the other will teach them the opposite. One parent goes to church and the other fights the whole way there and back and then gossips about how much they hate the church people, arguments and so forth till one or the other compromises and if the Christian compromises then they have lost their salvation for someone they shouldn't have been with in the first place. I see it ALL the time.....very sad.

Just as a note, as a non-Christian who has been married to 2 self-identified Christians in my life, it wasn't our morals and beliefs that caused issues, nor did I spend my time gossiping and attacking other Christians.

What you are talking about is not a non-believer problem, but a person who acted poorly regardless of their beliefs problem.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would have to say I disagree reesespeices. The Bible says not to marry someone who doesn't believe if you are a Christian and I have seen exactly why. Your morals and beliefs will clash and when time comes for kids one parent will want to teach them one thing while the other will teach them the opposite. One parent goes to church and the other fights the whole way there and back and then gossips about how much they hate the church people, arguments and so forth till one or the other compromises and if the Christian compromises then they have lost their salvation for someone they shouldn't have been with in the first place. I see it ALL the time.....very sad.

Really? Then it should be easy to cite just where it says that.

And fair warning 2 Cor 6 is NOT talking about marriage or business.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Just as a note, as a non-Christian who has been married to 2 self-identified Christians in my life, it wasn't our morals and beliefs that caused issues, nor did I spend my time gossiping and attacking other Christians.

What you are talking about is not a non-believer problem, but a person who acted poorly regardless of their beliefs problem.

^Having been married to a Christian myself, ok, I see your point there, but, faith and morals can lead to those actions. In my experience it is most often the case that Christians are expected to conform to some "pure" or "holy" ideal, and when nobody can because Christians have provided their own definitions which aren't real, then we're really just expected to wear masks. That may be do-able in a church community, but unfortunately masks don't work very well in a marriage, and it seems to me that the disillusionment is too much for some Christians to handle. Then it turns out to be our unrealistic standards and ideals which conflate molehills into mountains, thus encouraging extreme behavior toward a spouse one thinks is equivalent to some kind of a demon. So, yes, I think you're right that the problem is terrible behavior, but I think a major factor is one's faith, ideals and morals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
^Having been married to a Christian myself, ok, I see your point there, but, faith and morals can lead to those actions. In my experience it is most often the case that Christians are expected to conform to some "pure" or "holy" ideal, and when nobody can because Christians have provided their own definitions which aren't real, then we're really just expected to wear masks. That may be do-able in a church community, but unfortunately masks don't work very well in a marriage, and it seems to me that the disillusionment is too much for some Christians to handle. Then it turns out to be our unrealistic standards and ideals which conflate molehills into mountains, thus encouraging extreme behavior toward a spouse one thinks is equivalent to some kind of a demon. So, yes, I think you're right that the problem is terrible behavior, but I think a major factor is one's faith, ideals and morals.

That may be.

I'm not going to trash my exes. I made more than my share of mistakes in both relationships. I'm mainly objecting to the idea that I was gathering from that other post that simply not being a Christian means that you must have a conflicting morality (I'll grant different beliefs mind you).

But certainly, if one feels that dating outside of their religion is a bad idea, they shouldn't do it.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its also good to start to build friendships with someone your interested in so you can get to know them better. At least that's my opinion. I personally tend to fall for Christian men that I become friends with. And if that doesn't always work for one person you like it may work for the next. :)
I have always kept friendship and dating separate. It is a boundary I have. That way I keep my friends without problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hawkeyelovejs

Shine bright so others see Christ in you!
Oct 9, 2013
Midwestern girl!
✟7,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm doing two things with my single status right now: 1. Enjoying it and embracing the opportunity God has given me to grow during this time and 2. Opening myself up to new opportunities. I used to be very closed off - a now or never type of girl, but now I'm finding that putting myself out there, whether through online dating or striking up a conversation with someone at church or the coffee shop or library, etc could bring me a nice conversation, a new friend, or a potential husband, and really, wouldn't any of those three be lovely.

Less worry, more living :) Cheers and God bless!

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hear a lot of christian women say they would like their romantic relationships to start off as platonic friendships. In the secular world becoming a woman's friend is a sign one of the parties interested. How exactly does this friendship work?
Some do, but not all. In the secular world I find in most cases are not necessarily attracted to friends.

Upvote 0