St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and all should ONLY present their position WITHOUT debate , Pride , Arrogance , Anger , Bitterness or the like , and that is not my intent !!

dan p
That's just my signature, it is attached to every post... It wasn't directed at you or anyone specifically.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi to all and some believe that the BODY OF CHRIST began :

#1 In Genesis

#2 It began in Acts 2 ?

#3 It began in Acts 9 ?

# 4 It began in Acts 13 ?

#5 It began in Acts 28 ?

What say you and provide a verse saying WHERE , HOW , and with WHO ?

dan p

John 20:22 NKJV And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

The body of Christ began with the first Spirit indwelt born again believers, and that first happened in John 20:22.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi to all and some believe that the BODY OF CHRIST began :

#1 In Genesis

#2 It began in Acts 2 ?

#3 It began in Acts 9 ?

# 4 It began in Acts 13 ?

#5 It began in Acts 28 ?

What say you and provide a verse saying WHERE , HOW , and with WHO ?

dan p

Can't be anytime in Jesus life or the OT.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and uponthis rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

will build is future. If the church was already alive Jesus would have said- I have been or will keep building my church.

I hold to Acts 2 for a simple reason:

Acts 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

The Apostles had not been baptized in the Holy spirit which 1 Cor. specifically declares is what is required for entrance to the body.

JOhn 20 is in the 2nd aorist so it is not needed to be an immdiate command. coupled with this passage we see it was a promised command fulfilled at Pentecost.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and uponthis rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

will build is future. If the church was already alive Jesus would have said- I have been or will keep building my church.

1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

The Apostles had not been baptized in the Holy spirit which 1 Cor. specifically declares is what is required for entrance to the body.

JOhn 20 is in the 2nd aorist so it is not needed to be an immdiate command. coupled with this passage we see it was a promised command fulfilled at Pentecost.

Hi and in John 20:22 the Greek word RECEIVE YE / LAMBARO is in the second aorist tense a ONE TIME action of receiving the POWER OF HOLY SPIRIT !!

The Greek text read RECEIVE YE HOLY SPIRIT and NOT RECEIVE THEN HOLY SPIRIT as the Greek article ( THE ) is not in the Greek text !!

But why were the apostles given then HOLY SPIRIT ? it was given to REMIT SINS !!

How did the apostles m REMIT SINS ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi and in Matt 16:18 read , SHALL RECEIVE when it is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and where in Acts 2 did the Body of Christ begin and MENTIONED ??

dan p
In Genesis, God formed Adam's body out of the dust. Adam became a living being when God breathed on/into him. This is because God breathed a spirit into the body.

A body isn't alive without the breath of God on it. Or in other words a spirit in it.

Acts 2:1-4 - says there was a sound from heaven as a rushing mighty wind (breath)... and that they were all filled with the Holy Spirit (spirit).

Acts 2 is where the Holy Spirit filled the Body of Christ.

Part of Jesus' ministry was forming the Body from the dust, then going to the father to send the Spirit to give it life.

Reactions: yellowMan
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Genesis, God formed Adam's body out of the dust. Adam became a living being when God breathed on/into him. This is because God breathed a spirit into the body.

A body isn't alive without the breath of God on it. Or in other words a spirit in it.

Acts 2:1-4 - says there was a sound from heaven as a rushing mighty wind (breath)... and that they were all filled with the Holy Spirit (spirit).

Acts 2 is where the Holy Spirit filled the Body of Christ.

Part of Jesus' ministry was forming the Body from the dust, then going to the father to send the Spirit to give it life.

Hi and where did miss where the BODY OF CHRIST is mentioned in Acts 2 ??

I believe the BODY OF CHRIST has to begin with a person and that person is the apostle Paul when he was saved min Acts 9:6 !!

We se that is 1 Tim 1:15 Paul was then FIRST / PROTO and verse 16 says thatb Paul isnthe PATTERN of those who will be saved after him to life everlasting !!

dan p

• Agree
Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and where did miss where the BODY OF CHRIST is mentioned in Acts 2 ??

I believe the BODY OF CHRIST has to begin with a person and that person is the apostle Paul when he was saved min Acts 9:6 !!

We se that is 1 Tim 1:15 Paul was then FIRST / PROTO and verse 16 says thatb Paul isnthe PATTERN of those who will be saved after him to life everlasting !!

dan p
uuuuum, ooook.

The Body of Christ does begin with a person... Christ

The Body of Christ is made up of people that love and serve Jesus by doing what He would do (hence the "body" of Christ). Acts 2 was a room full of people who loved Jesus, and when the Holy Spirit came then went down and did the things Jesus did. Church was born on the Day of Pentecost. Acts 2. Not that big of a mystery.

Reactions: Dia Pisteos
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uuuuum, ooook.

The Body of Christ does begin with a person... Christ

The Body of Christ is made up of people that love and serve Jesus by doing what He would do (hence the "body" of Christ). Acts 2 was a room full of people who loved Jesus, and when the Holy Spirit came then went down and did the things Jesus did. Church was born on the Day of Pentecost. Acts 2. Not that big of a mystery.

Hi how does anyone in Acts 2 placed into the BODY OF CHRIST ?

As there is a BODY in Acts 2:47 , so are there 2 bodies ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and just where is that verse found saying how they placed into Christ in the book of Acts ??

dan p
Oh for goodness sake, now you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

Eph 4 and 1 Cor 12, both describe believers/disciples as the body. Jesus does as well more indirectly several places in the Gospels as well. The body was built by Jesus, those who follow Him... all that were left after His death & resurrection were gathered together in the upper room. The Church/The Body that was gathered was then given life when the Holy Spirit came in Acts 2.

At this point my signature DOES apply. I gave my take, it's scripturally sound and actually quite commonly accepted. You can take it or leave it, but arguing further is pointless.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh for goodness sake, now you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

Eph 4 and 1 Cor 12, both describe believers/disciples as the body. Jesus does as well more indirectly several places in the Gospels as well. The body was built by Jesus, those who follow Him... all that were left after His death & resurrection were gathered together in the upper room. The Church/The Body that was gathered was then given life when the Holy Spirit came in Acts 2.

At this point my signature DOES apply. I gave my take, it's scripturally sound and actually quite commonly accepted. You can take it or leave it, but arguing further is pointless.

Hi and 1 Cor 12:13 where Paul says how all are BAPTIZO / PLACED into one BODY , whether Jews or Greeks , whether Slaves or Free , and were all given to DRINK onto one Spirit !!

Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 are repeats of 1 Cor 12:13 and I am just presenting my position and then let every one be fully persuaded as what scripture reveals !!

I and not trying to be argumentative and just to present what I see !!

I believe the BODY OF CHRIST began in Acts 9:6 with Paul !!

dan p

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi and 1 Cor 12:13 where Paul says how all are BAPTIZO / PLACED into one BODY , whether Jews or Greeks , whether Slaves or Free , and were all given to DRINK onto one Spirit !!

Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 are repeats of 1 Cor 12:13 and I am just presenting my position and then let every one be fully persuaded as what scripture reveals !!

I and not trying to be argumentative and just to present what I see !!

I believe the BODY OF CHRIST began in Acts 9:6 with Paul !!

dan p
Ah, I see. So you created this thread, not to hear what others had to say, but to tell them how they are wrong. How fun for you.

Reactions: yellowMan
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see. So you created this thread, not to hear what others had to say, but to tell them how they are wrong. How fun for you.

Hi and everyone has the opportunity to present their view and see nothing wrong with that !!

You have been the only one to say what you believe in Acts 2 and maybe others have NO position ?

This is a dispensational forum and am presenting a dispensational position as to when the BODY OF CHRIST began , and this is wrong ?

dan p

Upvote 0