Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where do you think other religions come from? If we all worshiped the same God throughout the world without having to teach each other, then yeah I would find it easy to worship God. But as we all know many cultures have many religions, Christianity itself has so many different denominations. Where do you think these came from and how can you justify yours as being the real one without falling into the same criticism.

- Also I know many people quote bible statements when replying, please don't, not to be disrespectful, its just a quote from the bible to justify the bible has just the same credibility as a quote from the quaran justifying itself.

Cheers :)

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where do you think other religions come from?

The devil. islam came hundreds of years after Christ. Jesus rose from the dead and no other religious figure has done that.

If we all worshiped the same God throughout the world without having to teach each other, then yeah I would find it easy to worship God. But as we all know many cultures have many religions, Christianity itself has so many different denominations. Where do you think these came from and how can you justify yours as being the real one without falling into the same criticism.

Religions and denominations are different. Christian denominations do agree on the basic tenants of the Christianity.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Christianity is the one that has overwhelming evidence thats supports it. Other religions men are trying to get to God-but with christianity God came to man. True other religions have claimed resurrections, etc. and try to copy christianity but there is no historic proof.

The Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell a former agnostic- (its overwhelming circumstantial evidence of bible) and Examine the Evidence by Muncaster a former athiest/The Case for Christ and The Real Jesus by Lee Strobel a former athiest.

http://www.reasonableanswers.org/12-Eyewitnesses-of-the-resurrection.html
http://www.ucg.org/bible/jesus-resurrection/

Internal Evidence (prophesies confirmed within bible)
Life of Christ
The Tribe of Judah, Gen 49:10 - Luke 3:23-28
(Genesis was written 4004 BC to 1689 BC)
(Lukes time period 60-70 AD)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Royal Line of David, Jer 23:5 - Matt 1:1
(Jeremiah 760 to 698 BC)/(Matthew 60 - 70 AD)
Born of a Virgin, Isaiah 7:14 - Matt 1:18-23
(Isaiah 760 to 698 BC)/(Matthew 60 - 70 AD)
Rise of Empires
In the book of Daniel, Chapter 2 - four kingdoms are described in the interpretation of a dream of
Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greek - Daniel 8:21, 10:20/and the fourth
great kingdom to follow- part iron and clay-which is the Roman Empire. During this empire Christ came and his church was established.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historical Accuracy
The bible is loaded with historical statements concerning events hundreds of years ago and has not
been proven incorrect in any.
(Bible compared to other ancient documents):
New Testament starts - at 25 years between original and first surviving copies
Homer - starts at 500 years
Demosthenes - at 1400 years
Plato - at 1200 years
Caesar - at 1000 years
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Number of Manuscript Copies-New Testament - 5,686/Homer - 643/Demosthenes - 200/
Plato - 7/Caesar -10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consistency/Written by God
Written by at least 40 men over a period of time exceeding 1400 years and has no internal inconsistencies.
It claims to be spoken by God, 2 Timothy 3:16-17. No other religious book makes such claim.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
External Evidences (prophesies outside bible)
These cities were prophesied to be destroyed and never built again.
Nineveh - Nahum 1:10, 3:7,15, Zephaniah 2:13-14
Babylon - Isaiah 13:1-22
Tyre - Ezekiel 26:1-28
Bible before Science- He hangs the earth on nothing-Job 26:7/Earth is a sphere-Isaiah 40:22
Air has weight-Job 28:25/Gravity-Job 26:7, Job 38:31-33/Winds blow in cyclones, Eccl 1:6
(Job was written at least 1000 BC; some scholars think 3000 BC)
Documents that Prove Bible is True
Gilgamesh Epic, The Sumerian King List, Mari Tablets, Babylonian Chronicles
Archeological Finds
Excavations of Ur, Location of Zoar, Ziggurats and the foundation of Tower of Babel

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No need to. Jesus Christ is working in my life so I don't need to look at a book that may tell me that the death and resurrection of Jesus was just a myth borrowed from another religion, I know better. My time is better spent diving into God's word in the Bible.

But there is no way for you to be sure that the Bible and Christianity wasn't created from another religions "devil", you are still believing words on a page. You believe its the word of God because this devil said it was?

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also why didn't God stop the devil creating these religions. He has the power and the love to stop the devil creating these false religions. And I have heard alot of dogma about Christ being the only way to heaven. So in allowing the devil to create these religions, he is allowing millions to be brought up into apostasy that will ultimately lead millions to their deaths...

Upvote 0

BondiHarry

Mar 29, 2011
✟17,413.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But there is no way for you to be sure that the Bible and Christianity wasn't created from another religions "devil", you are still believing words on a page. You believe its the word of God because this devil said it was?

Actually, I don't believe because of words in the pages of a book, I believe because years ago when I was a broken man crying out in pain, God answered.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True Christians (Christ like people) have the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide them, the bible is just one of several tools to help the Christian.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also why didn't God stop the devil creating these religions. He has the power and the love to stop the devil creating these false religions. And I have heard alot of dogma about Christ being the only way to heaven. So in allowing the devil to create these religions, he is allowing millions to be brought up into apostasy that will ultimately lead millions to their deaths...
The same reason God does not stop people from sinning other ways. Sin is not the problem, while unforgiven sin can be a huge problem.

As people go further and further down a wrong path they should feel more frustrated, uncomfortable, desirous of the truth, seeking true relief from their burden of transgression and can come to the realization that this false religion just could not be right. At that point they will hopefully turn to the benevolent creator (someone they will come to realize must be there) and hopefully there is a Christian that will find them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Iona.

I love Jesus!
Dec 9, 2007
UK
✟41,546.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
There are many religions that were around before Christianity. This is where I find it hard to accept that only one can be true. If that is the case, then when looking at it, the very first religion would be the one considered true.

Having so many different religions, with many claiming that they are the only one to be true, is something that puts me off.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many religions that were around before Christianity. This is where I find it hard to accept that only one can be true. If that is the case, then when looking at it, the very first religion would be the one considered true.

Having so many different religions, with many claiming that they are the only one to be true, is something that puts me off.
Well Christianity is definitely hard to get into because it forces us to acknowledge religion for what it truly is (mind control) and gives you a clear ultimatum: was Jesus right or wrong? If you choose to be on side with Jesus then it's a good chance He'll deliver you. Otherwise, good luck going up against Him. Jesus said it well:

Luke 11
23 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

@Birthew: I know what you're saying about believing words from a book, well even if the words came straight from Jesus' mouth to my ears I would revere them. Also remember that we tend to believe a lot of words that aren't in books, so your argument is reduced to piffle. What we are believing are thoughts and memories of people who recorded their thoughts on paper. The credibility comes by recognizing the Holy Spirit in the word.

Upvote 0

.Iona.

I love Jesus!
Dec 9, 2007
UK
✟41,546.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
Well Christianity is definitely hard to get into because it forces us to acknowledge religion for what it truly is (mind control)

Why willingly go into something that says it is controlling?

How does that fit in with the argument of free will, if you say it is about mind control?

and gives you a clear ultimatum: was Jesus right or wrong? If you choose to be on side with Jesus then it's a good chance He'll deliver you. Otherwise, good luck going up against Him. Jesus said it well:

Luke 11
23 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

With Jesus yes. But there were Gods around before the Christian or |Jewish God - so why believe in those over the old ones?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thread has undergone a clean up. If you don't see your post that is the reason. This forum is not a debate forum and only the OP and Christians can reply. Please respect the posting rules of this forum as outlined in the statement of purpose. Thank you.

Statement of Purpose for Struggles by Non-Christians

This is a struggle forum for non-christians where christians can provide support, advice and prayers.

This forum is similiar to Exploring Christianity in the way that ONLY Christians will be allowed to reply. We ask that you respect this, if you wish to reply to someone you can do so by PM.

The sitewide rules apply in here as they do all over CF. Rules can be found here: Christian Forums - FAQ: Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service We want to remind everyone of this rule:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7454522/

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why willingly go into something that says it is controlling?

How does that fit in with the argument of free will, if you say it is about mind control?

With Jesus yes. But there were Gods around before the Christian or |Jewish God - so why believe in those over the old ones?
Hi Rasa, you misunderstand me and it doesn't surprise me since you plainly don't know what I believe. The way religion works is that someone has a question and someone answers that question. "Who made the world?" "God did". "When will it end" "2012". Ever since mankind discovered the power of controlling someone else's mind, they have been inventing ways to do just that. Jesus comes along and see's major hypocrisy in the way religion was being used, so He went around preaching "truth" in a way that would stimulate people to think for themselves and to get to know God for themselves instead of relying upon a mediator. So when Jesus saw all this happening and knew that He was the one most qualified to go up against the authorities, that is what He did. And how did the authorities respond? By agreeing to shut down the monster? No, just the opposite. They executed Jesus and released a murderer instead. That is how the world leaders like to manage the world. We now await eagerly for Jesus' triumphant return to redeem all the blessed who chose to honor Him instead of rejecting Him, and meanwhile we are given the job to spread the word that Jesus can set you free from the mind-control of religion if you simply give your life to Him. Please take a moment to think about this, you might see a difference between false teachers who can tell a flock to leap off the roof, and true teachers that would encourage the flock to think about whether jumping off the roof is a good idea. There are many teachers out there, there are some that are good disciples of Jesus and there are many who are not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well Christianity is definitely hard to get into because it forces us to acknowledge religion for what it truly is (mind control) and gives you a clear ultimatum: was Jesus right or wrong? If you choose to be on side with Jesus then it's a good chance He'll deliver you. Otherwise, good luck going up against Him. Jesus said it well:

Luke 11

@Birthew: I know what you're saying about believing words from a book, well even if the words came straight from Jesus' mouth to my ears I would revere them. Also remember that we tend to believe a lot of words that aren't in books, so your argument is reduced to piffle. What we are believing are thoughts and memories of people who recorded their thoughts on paper. The credibility comes by recognizing the Holy Spirit in the word.

Hey its not a case of is he right or wrong, for me its the problem of was everything that was written about him true or not. The same about the prophet muhammed. How can I denounce one and not the other when I only have a book and written words to tell me the "truth". Do you believe the Muhammed was a real prophet? And how can you criticize his existence without Christ falling into the same criticism.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey its not a case of is he right or wrong, for me its the problem of was everything that was written about him true or not. The same about the prophet muhammed. How can I denounce one and not the other when I only have a book and written words to tell me the "truth". Do you believe the Muhammed was a real prophet? And how can you criticize his existence without Christ falling into the same criticism.
Well you have to take it on faith. Do you trust that when Jesus was baptized that The Holy Spirit descended upon Him? Why then does the Holy Spirit contradict what the spirit of Gabriel told Muhammad? I cannot reconcile them so I choose to trust Jesus over Muhammad because the spirit of Jesus is consistent with the spirit of the prophets of the Holy Bible. You can believe the spirit of Islam if you want, it's your decision to make. I'm sticking with the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0