Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never say anything here that I don't believe to be true.
You keep claiming I said I do not belief The Holy Spirit is God.
I am tired of you saying that and will report you if you do again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You keep claiming I said I do not belief The Holy Spirit is God.
Hmmm... let's take a look at that. I just wrote, a few minutes ago...

If you acknowledge that the Holy Spirit is God just as the Father and the Son are God, then we agree.
I said the opposite of what you claim I said. But I won't accuse you of lying. I suspect that you haven't been reading this conversation very carefully.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you acknowledge that the Holy Spirit is God just as the Father and the Son are God, then we agree.
How about post #729, 732, 741 for starters.
As I said, if you agree that the Holy Spirit is God, we have no disagreement. I didn't accuse you of lying about what I said. I just think you didn't read it very carefully.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just think you didn't read it very carefully.
I read it ok, your interpretation of 2 Peter 1:20-21 is in question.
Give me a third party or bible commentary of your view then if you can.

No matter what I confess to you, we would still disagree about 2 Peter 1:20-21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't accuse you of lying about what I said.

You keep saying "I think you are wrong about the Holy Spirit. He is God",
When I never said otherwise. Show post if you can. You are playing games.

bear false witness

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was curious as to how divided posters are on this topic. As a former Catholic, now Lutheran, (who is still unsure if I’m in the right church) I learned from the writings and some communication via email with Edward Feser, that humans may have started as part of a population of hominids but that God gave Adam and Eve souls, making them human. Then their offspring interbred with these other hominids and so on. I’m probably oversimplifying Feser’s theory and it’s been a long time since I’d read it, but what are your thoughts on this idea?
Or do you believe we came from Adam and Eve, whose children interbred with one another and so on?
Other theories?
We are so blessed to have a creator who has written down everything we need to know about our origin. The Bible is so rich in history and the future!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are so blessed to have a creator who has written down everything we need to know about our origin. The Bible is so rich in history and the future!
Then what about dna and other things that indicate the Bible’s explanation of origins is wrong?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You keep saying "I think you are wrong about the Holy Spirit. He is God"
As I said, if you agree that the Holy Spirit is God, we have no disagreement. I didn't accuse you of lying about what I said. I just think you didn't read it very carefully.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I read it ok, your interpretation of 2 Peter 1:20-21 is in question.
Give me a third party or bible commentary of your view then if you can.
I don't see that creationists are necessarily trying to second-guess scripture. They just put a different interpretation on it. And anyone who thinks that it's possible to take scripture with no interpretation at all, is not being realistic. If this was true, Christians would largely agree on Genesis. And they don't.

Peter, like Moses and Elijah, had heard the voice of God directly with Jesus on the mountain.

2 Peter 1:18 And this voice we heard brought from heaven, when we were with him in the holy mount.

Peter realizes this as the time when he inherited the prophetic authority of Moses and Elijah. Just before He granted this authority, Jesus commissioned Peter to be the rock on which the Church would be built.

Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

More than that, Peter was granted the authority to determine what God intended in scripture:

Matthew 16:19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't accuse you of lying about what I said. I just think you didn't read it very carefully.
I accused you of bearing false witness
This is one of many accusations on this subject.

"However, I think you are wrong about the Holy Spirit. He is God."

I asked you to stop and you continued word games, and still are.
Can you show where I said the Holy Spirit was not God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see that creationists are necessarily trying to second-guess scripture. They just put a different interpretation on it. And anyone who thinks that it's possible to take scripture with no interpretation at all, is not being realistic. If this was true, s would largely agree on Genesis. And they don't.
In other words no one has your interpretation or view to show us on 2 Peter 1:20-21 .
-

There could be more than 45,000 Christian denominations globally.
Most giving different messages about the whole bible not just Genesis.

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was curious as to how divided posters are on this topic. As a former Catholic, now Lutheran, (who is still unsure if I’m in the right church) I learned from the writings and some communication via email with Edward Feser, that humans may have started as part of a population of hominids but that God gave Adam and Eve souls, making them human. Then their offspring interbred with these other hominids and so on. I’m probably oversimplifying Feser’s theory and it’s been a long time since I’d read it, but what are your thoughts on this idea?
Or do you believe we came from Adam and Eve, whose children interbred with one another and so on?
Other theories?

Sad thing.... It can be answered. But it will have some here leaping all over what is being said as to suppress the truth.
Agenda thinking demands that all things must conform to the agenda of their choice.

In the mean while. Here is a synopsis. There was a prehistoric generic man. He had a soul. Animals also have souls.
But, only man created in this creation has his soul created in God's image! Not humanoid.

Jeremiah 4 speaks of a previous creation that was utterly destroyed. A previous world before our current created world.

Interesting to note! The word Jeremiah 4:25 uses for 'man' is in the Hebrew a generic term used for man/ humanoid. It could mean 'humanoid.'

I received this knowledge from a professor of ancient languages who at one time was associated with Harvard during WWll. I was told that he was in intelligence responsible for intercepting and interpreting foreign communications during the war.

Here is Jeremiah's prophesy against the rebellious degenerate Jews in Israel in his day...

Chapter 4.

22 “My people are fools;
they do not know me.
They are senseless children;
they have no understanding.
They are skilled in doing evil;
they know not how to do good.”
23 I looked at the earth,
and it was formless and empty;
(that is direct quote of Genesis 1:2) = earth in utter destruction.
and at the heavens,
and their light was gone.
24 I looked at the mountains,
and they were quaking;
all the hills were swaying.
25 I looked, and there were no people; (all humanoids destroyed)
every bird in the sky had flown away.
26 I looked, and the fruitful land was a desert;
all its towns lay in ruins
before the Lord, before his fierce anger.

Jeremiah was warning the degenerate rebellious Jews that their land was going to face God's a severest judgment, like the earth found itself in as seen in Genesis 1:2. But, Jeremiah had to add something. That there would be a difference in their destruction. That unlike we found the destroyed earth in Genesis 1:2? In the case with Israel? They will not be completely destroyed. Like the earth was in Genesis 1:2 utterly destroyed! Yes. God wanted to scare these rebellious Jews who knew the Hebrew meaning of Genesis 1:2!

That "sparing of some" is expressed in Jeremiah 4:27!

27 This is what the Lord says:
“The whole land will be ruined,
though I will not destroy it completely."

Keep in mind. Verse 27 began with vs 23 as its contextual foundation...

(direct quote of Hebrew of Genesis 1:2!) = earth was found in utter destruction!

The Jews knowing the Hebrew of Genesis 1:2 understood that we find the earth in utter ruin in Genesis 1:2.
English translations have so watered it down that no one would be the wiser unless someone understood the Hebrew context.

So be it. I answered your question

Now, lets see what others may try to use to divert and suppress what was said.

Fighting the 'good fight' is the fight for gaining truth in a world geared towards cancel culture and censorship.

grace and peace!

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sad thing.... It can be answered. But it will have some here leaping all over what is being said as to suppress the truth.
Agenda thinking demands that all things must conform to the agenda of their choice.

In the mean while. Here is a synopsis. There was a prehistoric generic man. He had a soul. Animals also have souls.
But, only man created in this creation has his soul created in God's image! Not humanoid.

Jeremiah 4 speaks of a previous creation that was utterly destroyed. A previous world before our current created world.

Interesting to note! The word Jeremiah 4:25 uses for 'man' is in the Hebrew a generic term used for man/ humanoid. It could mean 'humanoid.'

I received this knowledge from a professor of ancient languages who at one time was associated with Harvard during WWll. I was told that he was in intelligence responsible for intercepting and interpreting foreign communications during the war.

Here is Jeremiah's prophesy against the rebellious degenerate Jews in Israel in his day...

Chapter 4.

22 “My people are fools;
they do not know me.
They are senseless children;
they have no understanding.
They are skilled in doing evil;
they know not how to do good.”
(that is direct quote of Genesis 1:2) = earth in utter destruction.
and at the heavens,
and their light was gone.
24 I looked at the mountains,
and they were quaking;
all the hills were swaying.
25 I looked, and there were no people; (all humanoids destroyed)
every bird in the sky had flown away.
26 I looked, and the fruitful land was a desert;
all its towns lay in ruins
before the Lord, before his fierce anger.

Jeremiah was warning the degenerate rebellious Jews that their land was going to face God's a severest judgment, like the earth found itself in as seen in Genesis 1:2. But, Jeremiah had to add something. That there would be a difference in their destruction. That unlike we found the destroyed earth in Genesis 1:2? In the case with Israel? They will not be completely destroyed. Like the earth was in Genesis 1:2 utterly destroyed! Yes. God wanted to scare these rebellious Jews who knew the Hebrew meaning of Genesis 1:2!

That "sparing of some" is expressed in Jeremiah 4:27!

27 This is what the Lord says:
“The whole land will be ruined,
though I will not destroy it completely."

Keep in mind. Verse 27 began with vs 23 as its contextual foundation...

(direct quote of Hebrew of Genesis 1:2!) = earth was found in utter destruction!

The Jews knowing the Hebrew of Genesis 1:2 understood that we find the earth in utter ruin in Genesis 1:2.
English translations have so watered it down that no one would be the wiser unless someone understood the Hebrew context.

So be it. I answered your question

Now, lets see what others may try to use to divert and suppress what was said.

Fighting the 'good fight' is the fight for gaining truth in a world geared towards cancel culture and censorship.

grace and peace!
Ok, so did this generic man evolve or was he created fully adult by God?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I asked you to stop and you continued word games, and still are.
Can you show where I said the Holy Spirit was not God?
You seem unwilling to accept this, for reasons I don't get. I've reminded you several times.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem unwilling to accept this, for reasons I don't get. I've reminded you several times.
I am unwilling to play your word games well after the fact.

Some reason you are trying to get me banned I think,
because I do not agree with your view of 2 Peter 1.

I asked you several times to show me where I said The Holy Spirit is not God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0