✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Silent Enigma said:
I generally don't post in that forum because it seems to be flooded with bored athiests who want to spend their lives arguing about obscure details.

That is one way to look at it, and I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I prefer not to judge motives for why a person is posting. I don't want people judging mine.

It's frustrating to post what you think and get flamed, but it can be overlooked. I praise God for the Christians who are able to post there and share a little bit of their faith with non-believers. Only God knows to what end their comments will be.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Yes, when we try to show what creation scientists have shown, the evolutionists simply scoff and won't hear it. They are not open. I believe prayer is a much more effective means for me. As a matter of fact, you should solicit prayer so that when you go into battle(like it or not that is what it is) you may reach some. Scripture tells us that we fight against principalities, not flesh and blood.

Upvote 0

Underdog77

May 27, 2004
Edmond, OK
✟15,564.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I used to be very active in these forums but lost touch for awhile because I was adjusting to my first year in college (not to mention a girlfriend).

But I getting back into the mix of things and although I'm no "pro", I am quite knowledgable in these many of these subjects and hope to see some of you around!

Upvote 0

vossler

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2004
Asheville NC
✟19,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Underdog77 said:
P.S. If any of you remember me, send message. I'd like to see who is still around...
I've been here for almost two years and I don't remember you, but I'll certainly welcome you back. The more the merrier. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

sjdennis

May 15, 2006
✟15,947.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem with these forums is that many evolutionists and TE's will come there simply to debate with who they see as "uneducated religious fools" or something like that. They are there to cause a stir and not to learn.

I have more productive discussion in my departmental tearoom at my university. Even there though the majority of people who want to discuss stuff want to do so simply to push their point, not to listen.

I could spend hours every day debating with evolutionists on online forums. But I have a few people I know closely that I can talk to about this in my everyday life. And it is much easier to read and understand something when it is given to you on paper than on a computer screen. I can also pick my battles, and choose who to work on. I don't know the character of any of the evolutionists posting on the forums.

It is a difficult issue. I wish there was a clear answer. But everyone has a calling, and some people may be called to debate online. I don't believe that is my area, I have people closer to me to convert.

I feel pretty bad about saying this though. I am still passionate about YEC. :sorry:

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sjdennis said:
I have more productive discussion in my departmental tearoom at my university.

:wave:

Oh that we might all have tearooms and take time for tea. Would be a more civilized world.

I tried instituting tea at the church I once worked at. Didn't work. Americans are to busy, busy, busy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.