Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
4x4 toy,
that's cool what your grandparents did. In terms of the hip hop industry.... that's and entirely different debate on its own. And yes, much like many things in the entertainment industry it is filled with filth and violence Hugs.

Agree and artists are qualified and promoted by industry higher-ups only if they tow the line and create an image a certain way, but it is only an act taken serious by many without proper guidance , look at Miley Cyrus performances , many kids look at that stuff and think it's OK and the way you're supposed to act . So imo the industry steered culture shock creates much of the racism these days both ways drop by drop ..

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This debate is just an attempt to understand what other cultures THINK/ FEEL on this matter.

Hello Everyone,

So, I am currently taking a history class and I wanted to hear the thoughts and the opinions of other races. So as we know, there is a lot of racial tension in the U.S. Minority groups feel victimized, black children are being killed on the street left and right, Native Americans are on the reservation with no water etc. Thus groups like Black lives Matters form.

On the other hand, when these groups form or when these minority groups vocalize their concerns many Caucasians become easily agitated, or offended. Many pretend it doesn't exist, or blame the victims of hate crimes . For example, when Dylan roof shot up that church and killed all those worshippers during prayer simply because they were of African American descent. I was livid when I heard that people had raised millions of dollars in his defense! ( I know that it wasn't from the black community)

My questions are: Where is the church? The church of Christ (irregardless of race)? Then where are the " Christian White People" ? Why isn't the Caucasian community in the streets marching (when their is an injustice or a killing of an INNOCENT person of color)?

I think if people truly respected EACHOTHER (both black and white), and if those in the white society would make a bold concerted effort to SHOW the love of Christ and understand the hurt or injustices faced by others. That DEMONSTRATION would, in itself help heal tension and prove that to the WORLD that the LOVE of CHRIST is GREATER than bigotry!

Do you think that this is one of the solutions to this madness?

Injustice to anyone is bad, not just to person of color.

And as to any community, the biggest problem is never police or some random racist/terrorist, it is always the community itself, in Chicago people (kids too) die each day and seems no one cares.

Humans are bad and do bad things, even if the skin color is the same they will still hate each other (i.e. the Japanese invades china, killed millions, killed pregant women and pull the baby inside out, the Turks killed many many Armians by death match, Germans killed many Jews, Cain killed Abel). We are all brothers and sisters, and skin color should be the last thing on our minds.

The only solution is to forgive, Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you

Matt 6:14-15
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This debate is just an attempt to understand what other cultures THINK/ FEEL on this matter.

Hello Everyone,

So, I am currently taking a history class and I wanted to hear the thoughts and the opinions of other races. So as we know, there is a lot of racial tension in the U.S. Minority groups feel victimized, black children are being killed on the street left and right, Native Americans are on the reservation with no water etc. Thus groups like Black lives Matters form.

On the other hand, when these groups form or when these minority groups vocalize their concerns many Caucasians become easily agitated, or offended. Many pretend it doesn't exist, or blame the victims of hate crimes . For example, when Dylan roof shot up that church and killed all those worshippers during prayer simply because they were of African American descent. I was livid when I heard that people had raised millions of dollars in his defense! ( I know that it wasn't from the black community)

My questions are: Where is the church? The church of Christ (irregardless of race)? Then where are the " Christian White People" ? Why isn't the Caucasian community in the streets marching (when their is an injustice or a killing of an INNOCENT person of color)?

I think if people truly respected EACHOTHER (both black and white), and if those in the white society would make a bold concerted effort to SHOW the love of Christ and understand the hurt or injustices faced by others. That DEMONSTRATION would, in itself help heal tension and prove that to the WORLD that the LOVE of CHRIST is GREATER than bigotry!

I think everyone needs these verses.
Acts chapter 17
26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[b] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[c]

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Hello Everyone,

Well you have to wonder if protesting is really all that effective, sure they make a lot of noise, but how much are they getting done. Jesus also told his disciples, my kingdom is not of this world. Would you have Christians protesting in the streets over injustice when we as believers have confessed it within ourselves and entrusted to God, to judge all things in righteousness. Jesus never said go out and protest in the streets, he said find a closet the locks from the inside.

Christians have always carried the message of the gospel from faith to faith, from one persons witness to whosoever will. Never are we to accept injustice, watching the video of Philando Castile, I was shocked and dismayed. When the cop was acquitted I was offended. I just don't know how much good I could do carrying a sign and chanting slogans. I must admit though, for the first time in my life I'm seriously considering getting involved in voter registration drives.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My question is: Why are some people so fixated on color? Fifty+ years ago a righteous minister stood behind a podium in the Washington mall and spoke of his dream for a day when people would be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Let me know when folks want to start following Jesus' example and leave the race baiting identity politics in the trash heap where they belong.

MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech is within the larger context of his social activism on behalf of people of color and the poor. The only way we are going to achieve King's dream is by addressing the same problems King was addressing almost 60 years ago, not by ignoring them or pretending they don't exist.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech is within the larger context of his social activism on behalf of people of color and the poor. The only way we are going to achieve King's dream is by addressing the same problems King was addressing almost 60 years ago, not by ignoring them or pretending they don't exist.

-CryptoLutheran
That's what I always like about Obama, MLK said I have a dream, Obama said I have a plan and the slogan, Yes We Can, describes pretty much how he looked at things.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

-CryptoLutheran

MLK never preached to pit different races against each other. Neither did Jesus.

Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
ViaCrucis,

You are awesome :amen::amen::amen::amen:. Sweeping racial issues under the rug will get you nowhere and has gotten us nowhere as a country. When a certain group of individuals are not victims of oppression they turn a deaf ear and their hearts are heartened by the truth. It just angers me that still today in 2017 that their are still hate crimes and massacres going on. That there are still Black churches, White churches, Asian Churches, and Hispanic churches. It is just ridiculous! I just think the church should be voice of Christ and should advocate loudly for justice.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone will be equal only when everyone is equal. Here in the UK and Europe we have a liberal left agenda of "positive discrimination" where they (the liberal left) discriminate against people they feel have had a beneficial position in the past. So women and other minority groups must be given favouritism. This is leading to an unbalanced position where a lot of women, gays, black, etc are being given higher level jobs instead of men even when white men who applied are better for the job. This leads to resentment from the white men and discrimination on their part. And likewise "Black lives matter" is a

Until we have a society where everyone treats everyone equally there will be discrimination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hello Everyone,

I can't answer your question as I don't know what is happening in these areas, but there is nothing stopping you from using google to find the churches in these areas and emailing them. To find out how they have been affected, what they have and are doing in that area.
Having got replies. Write a report for your school newsletter or to send to your newspaper/tv station and post here.

I suspect you will besurprised at how much action there is at ground level between different churches to support people.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I just think the church should be voice of Christ and should advocate loudly for justice.
Most places , most groups, have no idea.

Read as able, YHWH Willing, Colossians, Thessalonians, Acts, and Ephesians to see more clearly how the followers of JESUS live.
It is much much much different than expected (for most people here or on earth), and most people reject His Word.

Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Everyone will be equal only when everyone is equal. Here in the UK and Europe we have a liberal left agenda of "positive discrimination" where they (the liberal left) discriminate against people they feel have had a beneficial position in the past. So women and other minority groups must be given favouritism. This is leading to an unbalanced position where a lot of women, gays, black, etc are being given higher level jobs instead of men even when white men who applied are better for the job. This leads to resentment from the white men and discrimination on their part. And likewise "Black lives matter" is a
Until we have a society where everyone treats everyone equally there will be discrimination.

GirdYourLoins,

Black Lives matter is a what?

To address your statement, yes I do believe that everything should be equal. However, the reality of that situation is things are NOT equal and have NEVER been equal in society. You established a great point :oldthumbsup:that I hear all the time from my Caucasian coworkers:

Why are their laws protecting or allowing minority employment?
Why are their laws like for equal housing opportunities?
Why are their laws for equal educational opportunities?

Instead of getting upset, I often scratch my head in disbelief :scratch: as to why Caucasians don't understand. Instead of resenting minority groups. You should ask yourself.....Why were those laws inacted to begin with? and under what circumstances were these law created. Respectfully speaking there is a deep disconnect as to why people don't understand the nature of why these laws came about. More surprisingly, I don't understand why a community (honestly) would even get upset, that an oppressed impoverished group of individuals are now ...hundreds of years later are ascending into greater aspects of the community.

For example, the Indian Reservations are full of poverty, alcoholism, despair, high suicidal rates amongst children, and there are a limited amount of jobs on the reservation. (I live in a highly populated Native American State). Anyways I seeJob fairs on the reservation where it states that " you must establish proof of Indian blood/ Tribal Card" for certain positions.

I am not Navajo, I am not from their nation, but DUE to the CONDITIONS of those people I can understand why they are looking to higher within their community first.

I am not saying that I agree with all of these laws ect, but to address your point; with the history that America has ( and I do not write that history) with : Native American Genocide, forced removals, children thrown into boardings schools, slavery, Jim Crow laws in which everything in society was segregated including : water fountains:eek: LOL!To racial profiling, hate crimes of today....

When I hear a Caucasian person state that they are ANGRY and that the DO NOT understand why these laws were founded. It simply blows my mind and throws intelligence out of the window :doh:Lol! Good topic to bring up.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
MLK never preached to pit different races against each other.

Nobody said he did. Addressing deeply rooted social problems which disproportionately affect persons of color isn't pitting "different races against each other".

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Nobody said he did. Addressing deeply rooted social problems which disproportionately affect persons of color isn't pitting "different races against each other".

-CryptoLutheran
ViaCrucis,

I am telling you its better just not to respond. Addressing a problem that has effected American society for HUNDREDS of years. Has nothing to do with " pitting races together". State your truth and call it a day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
ViaCrucis,

I am telling you its better just not to respond. Addressing a problem that has effected American society for HUNDREDS of years. Has nothing to do with " pitting races together". State your truth and call it a day.
Your problem is that you don't want any differing opinions here.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Any student of history knows that nearly every culture and people in history were invaded by other peoples who looked different and spoke different. They killed their leaders, armies and most of the citizens, seizing their land and property. Britain invaded nearly every country on earth. Ancient tribal wars were commonplace. Just 85 years ago, Italy decided they now owned Ethiopia and just marched in and took it over. Could you imagine the terror of that happening?
Perhaps we all have a subconscious fear of those who are different because of some stored collective memory of past terrors. Similar to a baby fawn instinctively running away from a human not even knowing why.

So then we could conclude is that racism is based on fear. Fear that someone who is different who is in your space may want to take your property and throw you out. If we realize that we don't have to fear them (anyone of different origins) and they need not fear us then I think we can possibly erase that collective memory and release all fear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
George,
Via Crucis never stated that Martin L. King believed in pitting the races against each other. Via Crucis did not state that. So, making statements or going against something that someone never SAID is fruitless.

In addition, I would never post on a sensitive topic like RACE and expect EVERYONE to agree with me..Lol! That would be silly ^_^. But thank you for the comment though. smiles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Shemester,

I understand that racism is all over the world. That's common sense, even tribal wars were present during the precivilization era. I don't need a history class to understand that.

But I am addressing the needs of my country and my people. I cant address the world until I address what effects me first. Secondly, you are right one of the underlining factors to racism is fear, I also think its about power and control! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0