precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Anyone?

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Anyone?

Where are they? Well, we know they'll be scurrying like roaches when the real lights are coming on when Jesus returns.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's this part that grabs me because we know that Satan did this to Mohammad when he appeared to him as the arch angel Gabriel but Paul isn't talking about islam , he seems to be talking about Christianity and false apostles of Christ and I just can't think of any where in the past where Satan may have appeared as an angel of light to Christians , unless this is a prophecy to happen in the future, I just don't know.....:scratch:

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's this part that grabs me because we know that Satan did this to Mohammad when he appeared to him as the arch angel Gabriel but Paul isn't talking about islam , he seems to be talking about Christianity and false apostles of Christ and I just can't think of any where in the past where Satan may have appeared as an angel of light to Christians , unless this is a prophecy to happen in the future, I just don't know.....:scratch:
You really believe Satan appeared to Mohammad as Gabriel? I don't. With all due respect, I believe he himself must have been a liar/deceiver, probably one the ministers mentioned above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Then why does it say this:

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

- I know we've been thru this before.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
10 commandment folks who don't know the gospel are deceitful workers.

People who get other things wrong, such as if you emphasize too heavily works after salvation, you can become a deceitful worker. Works are great, but some people then say your continued salvation is contingent upon them, which isn't really what James was talking about.

Most of Christianity has deceitful workers... probably at least 50% of preachers are deceitful workers. I have been a deceitful worker at times.

What we have to accept is that the bar for sound ministry set by the Apostle Paul is way, way, way above what most Christians attain to today. I am aiming for it, but if you truly aim toward it, mirroring what Paul did, including miracles, including how he would evangelize, and you apply yourself in that direction a little ways... you come to understand how far he had run the race ahead of you.

And most Christians haven't even begun to run that race, but they talk about it as if they know something.

You see, Paul himself having run the race that far knew how easy it would be for him to become a useless worker himself.

I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. - 1 Corinthians 9:27

The farther you run the race, the easier it is to mess it up because more responsibility is put on your shoulders, and when you screw up there are greater consequences. The disqualification here are rewards given by Christ and his calling, not making it to heaven.

But you see if a person is a preacher or a teacher, but they have never heard directly from God their calling for life, they basically are disobedient workers. Hopefully, they are naively disobedient, but you still shouldn't listen to that type of worker. At worst, they are doing it for themselves with some degree of selfishness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yep and it's from that union that the Koran came about. Ask any muslim and they will tell you the same, only they will say it was Gabriel of course.
I know the story. But I still don't believe he met with anyone. In saying that you're saying that he was deceive and would therefore be innocent of creating a false religion, to which I say he was a willing participant.

Upvote 0