Jan 12, 2007
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you are co-dependent. You need to work on those issues before you look for another partner, because men don't like to be shackled to a woman 24/7.

Also, this is not a dating service.
True.

Frankly, I'll tell you: They are either in a church, or a monastery sent their by all the Christian girls who were too short-sighted to see that they were good Christian men.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟101,040.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
You shouldn't be looking for someone if you aren't even divorced yet. Even right after you are divorced you shouldn't be looking for the next person. Take time to heal and develop yourself into the kind of person that will be sought out by the type of person you want.

Upvote 0

GoodSpeed

JEDI
Jun 6, 2013
Pandora
✟1,240.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate all your advice and I gave it great thought all of you are right ;it isn't a dating site please accept my apology and forgive me ;and its true I need to heal I go to counseling too to help me heal GOD BLESS YOU ALL
When the divorce is over and you are ready to meet someone I hope you find a good Christian man that you can find happiness with.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As others have covered the divorce angle...

Frankly, I'll tell you: They are either in a church, or a monastery sent their by all the Christian girls who were too short-sighted to see that they were good Christian men.
Without reference to the OP, I kind of have to laugh when 30+ year old woman complain about the lack of "gentlemen" available to them. Kind of have to wonder if they've spent their last decade or so chasing off each one that came their way because they wanted "to have fun" and "live life to the fullest". ^_^

That biological clock catches up with you pretty quickly though.

Upvote 0

GoodSpeed

JEDI
Jun 6, 2013
Pandora
✟1,240.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As others have covered the divorce angle...

Without reference to the OP, I kind of have to laugh when 30+ year old woman complain about the lack of "gentlemen" available to them. Kind of have to wonder if they've spent their last decade or so chasing off each one that came their way because they wanted "to have fun" and "live life to the fullest". ^_^

That biological clock catches up with you pretty quickly though.

I have seen that allot as well -- very attractive young girls -- suddenly they are in their 30's wondering 'where all the good men went' ... and still trying to really strut it up w excessive bling -- lipstick, tan, tight pants -- but the OP doesn't appear to be that kind of girl (only judging by her pic) so don't do a pigeon fly-by over me ...

for me I find the topic of finding a mate in north America interesting ... websites can help I guess ... but we have a very varied culture when it comes to what is 'normal' in terms of previous partners and experience ...

I'll leave it at that ... but I think for Christians it can be tough - dating that is ...

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have seen that allot as well -- very attractive young girls -- suddenly they are in their 30's wondering 'where all the good men went' ... and still trying to really strut it up w excessive bling -- lipstick, tan, tight pants -- but the OP doesn't appear to be that kind of girl (only judging by her pic) so don't do a pigeon fly-by over me ...

for me I find the topic of finding a mate in north America interesting ... websites can help I guess ... but we have a very varied culture when it comes to what is 'normal' in terms of previous partners and experience ...

I'll leave it at that ... but I think for Christians it can be tough - dating that is ...
We're breaking completely away from the topic but I've often wondered that we've done our young people a disservice by talking so little about dating. We're quick (and right) to tell them to save the obvious thing for marriage. But how often do we enable them to engage the culture as far as dating goes (without doing things they shouldn't) but at the same time telling them how they can figure out if the person they're spending time with is truly right for them or, for that matter, even worth spending time with? I know several people whose parents never approved of anybody they brought home, even when several of them were decent people. We tell them not to do what other people are doing but we don't give them anything affirmative or useful in terms of finding a spouse. I think the older generation has a lot to answer for in that respect.

Upvote 0

4christ88

Angel in training
Jan 10, 2004
Queens, NYC, US
✟19,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We're breaking completely away from the topic but I've often wondered that we've done our young people a disservice by talking so little about dating. We're quick (and right) to tell them to save the obvious thing for marriage. But how often do we enable them to engage the culture as far as dating goes (without doing things they shouldn't) but at the same time telling them how they can figure out if the person they're spending time with is truly right for them or, for that matter, even worth spending time with? I know several people whose parents never approved of anybody they brought home, even when several of them were decent people. We tell them not to do what other people are doing but we don't give them anything affirmative or useful in terms of finding a spouse. I think the older generation has a lot to answer for in that respect.

haha, you're funny...ur in your early 30s, so I think that's still considered a youth...at least I'd like to think so too as 30s is just right around the corner from me *shudders*

Yea, sometimes us ladies do chase the guys away...I for one do so, like talking at a chummy level is ok but if you start anything more, and you're taking it more than a joking level and like stalking me and invading my personal space, that's a whole other level. As a christian young woman, it's really hard to find a man who loves GOd like I do and trying to make a stand for God in our generation where the popular thing to do and lifestyles that are commercially promoted are so anti-God and anti-holy. It also doesn't help that our parents don't give us a little bit more detail when it comes to how to date, or in my parents view..they don't believe in dating, just courting. How does one jump from being single to courting/considering marriage??

back to the OP question: where are all the Christian gentlemen?

I have to echo that question myself.

Someone said something about problem finding such in North america...well I have been privilged to live in many parts of the world: countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and yes even US and Canada and I think this question applies pretty much worldwide unfortunately. *sigh*

Am current;y in an african country, in a part where CHristianity is the popular brand to label yourself...u have churches everywhere!! churches built side by side, opposite each other on the same street/road and so on. It's really annonying and makes me mad when guys raised in the church try and use religiosity and biblical verbage to get into a girl's heart or should i say pants.Worse is when they use Christian-persona deceit to get a girl to the altar.

Of course there should be a few Christians (genuine) who fear the Lord and want to serve him and please him in every decision they make. At least I have to believe and trust God that there are. :) For now, just trying my best not to judge and be self-righteous ...oh, but it's sooo so hard :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ya, I think there is a lot of teaching about people getting their own stuff cleaned up before they think about relationships with the opposite sex. Well, of course there is always more work we can do on ourselves so that means if we follow that line of thought we never go out and meet someone to have a relationship with.

Now one of the things that I needed to work on that failed in my 1st marriage was communication. It was obvious to me that I couldn't do that without talk with people and if I was going to learn that very fast, I needed to be around people a lot and learn to express how I felt, listen to how others felt, ask some questions and not avoid the hard situations. Its worked amazingly well for me.

Upvote 0

GoodSpeed

JEDI
Jun 6, 2013
Pandora
✟1,240.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes,I am one of those Christian gentleman. I have healed 4 years out from what I thought was a Christian woman.

It's a lonely path out of divorce and I can be a sounding board but you must be patient with yourself.
sorry to hear about this experience -- I wish you happiness and strength ... God Bless

Upvote 0

Lethe

Jul 14, 2011
Somewhere in the Luminiferous Ether
✟1,671.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Yes,I am one of those Christian gentleman. I have healed 4 years out from what I thought was a Christian woman.

It's a lonely path out of divorce and I can be a sounding board but you must be patient with yourself.
:( Rough. I hope you're taking care of yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yea, sometimes us ladies do chase the guys away...I for one do so, like talking at a chummy level is ok but if you start anything more, and you're taking it more than a joking level and like stalking me and invading my personal space, that's a whole other level.

I sincerely have no clue why you brought this up since that has precisely nothing to do with anything related to this thread.

As a christian young woman, it's really hard to find a man who loves GOd like I do and trying to make a stand for God in our generation where the popular thing to do and lifestyles that are commercially promoted are so anti-God and anti-holy.
Those are generalities. What specifically does he need to do? Believe in? Stand for?

It also doesn't help that our parents don't give us a little bit more detail when it comes to how to date, or in my parents view..they don't believe in dating, just courting. How does one jump from being single to courting/considering marriage??
If there's no dowry in the mix, courting is for suckers.

back to the OP question: where are all the Christian gentlemen?

I have to echo that question myself.
And I echo my original response. Maybe they've all been chased off by someone who mistook his saying "hello" as he passed by in the hallway for "stalking" but who knows?

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im looking for a Christian gentlemen who loves nature n the country living ;my ex is divorcing me ;I could sure use a friend too ;ive looked and I know its in gods timing but its really hard ;GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Hello. I am one such Christian Gentleman and there are many many more out there too.

It is highly disengenuous for you at this point in time to date because you need alot of healing from your failed marriage / soon to be divorce ; take a good year off of dating and just hang with your g/f's . You are too vulnerable right now for another deep involvement with a man. If a nice Christan Gentleman were wise , sincere, and obedient to God....he would not choose to get involved with someone who is freshly divorced or not even divorced yet. Please understand your vulnerability right now and dont see men as the means to overcome that asap. Instead, seek out a Divorce Recovery Class offered all over the place ...in larger churches / library / or Counselling Offices . Concentrate on getting healed and also use the time alone to grow in Christ. There is plenty of time for future relationships with the opposite sex . If you jump into another one now, you will rebound and not get healed over the past and it will only resurface in a new relationship.

As hard as it is, choose to stay alone for a good many months and work on getting well and healthy emotionally. Best regards. Ive been there and know how you feel wanting another to find you of worth, attractive, and to connect with.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know I am young guy here (well if 32 is young) but I think it would be easier for the older generations to find someone since people from your generations had better morals then todays generation. It took me more then half my life to meet a good christians women in my age bracket. No complaints of course.

Upvote 0