When Will Christ Return?

What year range do you believe Jesus Christ will return in?

• 2010 - 2020

• 2020 - 2030

• 2030 - 2040

• Beyond 2040

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Compass

Surfer on the Lucid Sea
Dec 28, 2009
Mission Beach
Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<exerpted>
one is a role--Emperor of the greatest military power of that age.

one is a political faction--Worship of the Emperor by Rome, the cultural and political center of that age.

and one is an entity--The Trail of the Dragon, That Old Serpent.

why are two of the three thrown in the lake before any soul is?
because they are not souls, but just titles and roles

one individual.....Satan...Incarnations are manifestations, and manifestations are spiritual influences in mortal bodies.

Christ will return and no world government needs to be ruling this modern world when he returns. Many anti-christs have appeared in history, and in this modern world Jihad and the Muslim nations are the kingdom of the Wild Beast. They do not rule the entire world. The nations of the world will join with the Wild Beast to exploit and control oil, which Israel has in great abundance, and that is the 'booty' of war at the Battle of Armegeddon.:wave::idea:

Suggested reading: http://www.christianforums.com/t7471930/ Revelation Seventh Seal Opened

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Whose history has proved {or really disproved} this? A parallel galaxy history of a specific denomination? Who is the authority on the history of the human race?:confused:
All very true, and in retrospect, I reformed my previous comment to your post. I apologize for being slaphappy.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He says in Revelation, "Behold, I am coming soon." Whatever that means, we may never know.
For me, it serves as reassurance that yes, we are rapidly moving toward the end of this age. Yet, your observation that the statement is open-ended has definite merit.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Christ will return and no world government needs to be ruling this modern world when he returns.

The Bible simply does not agree with your statement.

"7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. " Rev. 13:7

"23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings." Dan. 7:23-24

The sequence is clear: the ten kings rise first in a global government, and then the antichrist rises after them and they give their power to him. He then rules over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

He says in Revelation, "Behold, I am coming soon." Whatever that means, we may never know.

Again, the reason for that statement is that one day with God is 1000 years and 1000 years as a day. Time is as nothing to God - and most of the doctrinal statements in the Scriptures are written from God's point of view.

Upvote 0

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Acts 1: 6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

The disciples themselves thought that this moment was the Second Coming and the "end of the world." So this belief is not only common it's very understandable. We do see the signs of the end times around us, even if we don't know when Christ will return.

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And time really revolves around Jesus. From the Hime of his resurrection it is the "end-times."

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2010
✟8,034.00
Faith
Seeker
After world peace and security is declared.Possibly on the other side of this current economic recession.Christ said it was to be like a thief and arriving when noone really expects it to.
If we look to noahs day as an indication,the world was filled with gross violence yet the people continued on their merry way.eating drinking marrying.
Had become so wicked that wickedness was normal.Was probably celebrated and glorified.I dont think we are at that stage yet.Keep on the watch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
interested in life<<<
After world peace and security is declared.Possibly on the other side of this current economic recession.Christ said it was to be like a thief and arriving when noone really expects it to.
If we look to noahs day as an indication,the world was filled with gross violence yet the people continued on their merry way.eating drinking marrying.
Had become so wicked that wickedness was normal.Was probably celebrated and glorified.I dont think we are at that stage yet.Keep on the watch.
I tend to feel the same about this, tho we do seem to be headed into a double dip recession. Maybe we are looking at a critical shift in the foundation of the world's political power structure as we've known it, in preparation of the impending Great Tribulation.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NJBeliever<<<
Acts 1: 6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

The disciples themselves thought that this moment was the Second Coming and the "end of the world." So this belief is not only common it's very understandable. We do see the signs of the end times around us, even if we don't know when Christ will return.

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And time really revolves around Jesus. From the Hime of his resurrection it is the "end-times."
Agreed, we are at the end of the last one third of the 6,000 man-year timetable of God's revelation of redemption:Magi Today

Upvote 0

David69

Mar 16, 2010
UK
✟207.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
David69<<<

Do you really mean to say, it was calculated by incorrect means that Jesus Christ's Second Coming was thought to have been in or around the year 1969 by some?

no

a Mayan prophet, around a 1000 years before Jesus was born said that the world will be ready to move forward when 'The Eagle' lands on the moon.
and the end times is only the end of an age and the begining of a new age.

Jesus "I send forth my Angel, I am the ROOT of DAVID, WE ARE ONE!!!"

The sun no longer sets into the sea, the earth is no longer flat and man did land on the moon.
But the eagle landing on the moon was infact a sign to some that the Messiah was born on earth. His d.o.b is the code that will relate him to Jesus. Who are the Jews expecting? DAVID

Thats what I meant actually :)

David 69 AOTN

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
David69<<<
no

a Mayan prophet, around a 1000 years before Jesus was born said that the world will be ready to move forward when 'The Eagle' lands on the moon.
and the end times is only the end of an age and the begining of a new age.

Jesus "I send forth my Angel, I am the ROOT of DAVID, WE ARE ONE!!!"

The sun no longer sets into the sea, the earth is no longer flat and man did land on the moon.
But the eagle landing on the moon was infact a sign to some that the Messiah was born on earth. His d.o.b is the code that will relate him to Jesus. Who are the Jews expecting? DAVID

Thats what I meant actually :)

David 69 AOTN
You're propose adding to Holy Scripture.

Upvote 0

Spirit Compass

Surfer on the Lucid Sea
Dec 28, 2009
Mission Beach
Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible simply does not agree with your statement.

"7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. " Rev. 13:7

"23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings." Dan. 7:23-24

The sequence is clear: the ten kings rise first in a global government, and then the antichrist rises after them and they give their power to him. He then rules over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. [exerpted]

If the nations of the world attack another nation at the Battle of Armageddon, and if the nation being attacked has allies that help defend the attack, then the combined attacking nations do not rule the world, and have not created a one world government.

Your Daniel reference is about kingdoms. Your Revelation reference is about nations. The scenarios given are about wars and the alignment of nations that go to war, in attempts to create a unified command of nations. That is referred to as 'power' but not a one world government. It can refer to invasion and occupation, with a failing government resulting, just as the U.S. military is now experiencing in Afghanistan, after the U.S.S.R. failure And Iraq is the result of a such an invasion and occupation, with a forced government by the U.S.A after a failed British Commonwealth invasion and occupation. :wave:

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2010
✟8,034.00
Faith
Seeker
interested in life<<<

I tend to feel the same about this, tho we do seem to be headed into a double dip recession. Maybe we are looking at a critical shift in the foundation of the world's political power structure as we've known it, in preparation of the impending Great Tribulation.

Begs the question ,how are recessions usually fixed?

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
interested in life<<<
Begs the question ,how are recessions usually fixed?
Downsizing government, stop gov spending, lower business regulation, dramatically lower taxes, especially for business, step back and let free commerce prevail.

Upvote 0

Spirit Compass

Surfer on the Lucid Sea
Dec 28, 2009
Mission Beach
Visit site
✟8,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
interested in life<<<

Downsizing government, stop gov spending, lower business regulation, dramatically lower taxes, especially for business, step back and let free commerce prevail.

America's governement should go back to the Bush-Cheney years governing mentalilty!:o:doh::confused:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.