Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I’ve been seeing this a lot lately, lol. I’m laughing because people ALWAYS perceive me wrong when I’m honest with them. They call me bitter, mean, and all kinds of ugly names. Which I can’t understand why. I’ve did the Joel Osteen thing where you say two positive things before bringing something to light. Sometimes I do forget the two positive things but either way it goes. Majority of the time someone is offended.

People say to me “You can be honest but you can’t accept it”, Yea right. Lol. On my birthday a co-worker gave me some smell good stuff. She told me that I’m come to work musty some time. I was mad because I’ve been working here a whole year and they are JUST telling me. :D I found it hilarious lol but they could of told me sooner. See I walk to work and I guess I need to freshen myself up before starting work. Now that I know the truth, I’m smelling GOOD. :cool:

Maybe someone could tell me other ways I can approach people..

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you're saying 327. Most people are really good at dishing out what they think is honesty, but when someone is honest right back at them they take it as an insult.

And actually, honesty is hard to take sometimes. But if done in an appropriate manner it can be useful. But here it seems to be harmful.

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it was nice of your co-worker to give you some "smell good stuff.." (perfume??) for your birthday, but the way she told you was less than tactful.. cruel in my opinion..

I don't get in many 'discussions' at work that need my honest opinion.. and I don't volunteer.. unless I am asked.. and then I try to be as tactful as I can.. because my spiritual giftings are exhortation & mercy.. so I try never to hurt someone..

Too often when one feels the need to "be honest," it is like the verse about taking the log out of your eye before trying to take the speck out of your brother's eye..

Upvote 0

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
Honesty is important. Yet I will tell you of something that trumps honesty everytime... Love.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudey, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things. Love never fails.

:amen:

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
This may sound patronising, but have you tried smiling? I find I can minister correction to people (often in work - I am a manager of a few people and a teacher of hundreds) if I smile while I am doing it and let people know that I genuinely like them and have their best interests of heart.

Cheers,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honesty is important. Yet I will tell you of something that trumps honesty everytime... Love.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudey, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things. Love never fails.

Love conquers all! Beatiful post!

Upvote 0

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, it was nice of your co-worker to give you some "smell good stuff.." (perfume??) for your birthday, but the way she told you was less than tactful.. cruel in my opinion..

I don't get in many 'discussions' at work that need my honest opinion.. and I don't volunteer.. unless I am asked.. and then I try to be as tactful as I can.. because my spiritual giftings are exhortation & mercy.. so I try never to hurt someone..

Too often when one feels the need to "be honest," it is like the verse about taking the log out of your eye before trying to take the speck out of your brother's eye..
Well, Honesty is honesty to me. She said it in a joking way but people are going to be cruel anyway. I can either get over it now or let every little thing bother me.

Upvote 0

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I understand what your saying but I do my best to speak with them in love. It doesn't work and they think I am rude regardless. I even wrote letters and etc. Some people are honest to themselves and accept it and some don't.

Upvote 0

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This may sound patronising, but have you tried smiling? I find I can minister correction to people (often in work - I am a manager of a few people and a teacher of hundreds) if I smile while I am doing it and let people know that I genuinely like them and have their best interests of heart.

Cheers,
|ZZ|
I smile all the time and I love everyone to the best of My ability. Sometimes I keep my mouth shut because it’s best that way. While my mouth is shut, I just love on them and sometimes I don't have to say anything. I've learned to be led by the Lord when certain things need to be said.

I just feel that if someone was doing something unknowingly that may hurt them or someone else, that it should be expressed. Sometimes I get mad at first because in my mind I'm thinking HOW CAN THEY NOT KNOW BETTER!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm the kind of person that I expect people around me to be down right brutally honest with me. Don't try to spare my feelings, just tell it the way they REALLY see and think it. I can deal with that, and can learn that way. I usually try to be a little more polished when dealing with others, only because most people need the polished edge, but I personally don't like it when people try to sugar coat or beat around the bush with me, because simply put ~ I just don't get it, it'll go right over my head, and I'll be trying to decipher the message the rest of the day. And generally, when I suspect others are worried about walking on eggshells. . . I simply do not spend much time with them.

Say what you mean and mean what you say ~ that's my motto. And if you don't have anything good to say, then zip it! :preach: lol

Well, I’ve been seeing this a lot lately, lol. I’m laughing because people ALWAYS perceive me wrong when I’m honest with them. They call me bitter, mean, and all kinds of ugly names. Which I can’t understand why. I’ve did the Joel Osteen thing where you say two positive things before bringing something to light. Sometimes I do forget the two positive things but either way it goes. Majority of the time someone is offended.

People say to me “You can be honest but you can’t accept it”, Yea right. Lol. On my birthday a co-worker gave me some smell good stuff. She told me that I’m come to work musty some time. I was mad because I’ve been working here a whole year and they are JUST telling me. :D I found it hilarious lol but they could of told me sooner. See I walk to work and I guess I need to freshen myself up before starting work. Now that I know the truth, I’m smelling GOOD. :cool:

Maybe someone could tell me other ways I can approach people..

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
. . . . people may go off on you for being honest ~ that could be a sign to tone things down. . maybe be honest in a less brutal way. .

or it could mean they don't really want you to be honest! lol

Just be you. Some will like you, some won't. But God will always love AND like you, so who cares what anyone else thinks?!

God bless you!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eph 4:14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.