Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys. Sorry I've been gone for a while. Been working a lot. Anyway, I've been hearing people on the radio and on YouTube talking about the biblical Doomsday. I personally don't believe in Revelations or any of the nonsense it talks about. But I used to. I was very young when I lost all hope for humanity. And with all the Doomsday preachers taking about all the wars and earthquakes and stuff, I thought for sure we weren't going to make it to see the new millennium. (This was in the 90s). But we did make it and the preachers were wrong.

Then of course, there came the new brood talking about global warming, super hurricanes, California splitting in half, all the new "super threats" that were bigger and badder than the decade before. Surely these had to be what there Bible was talking about. Yet still, mankind goes on like normal.

Eventually I grew up and started to realize that none of that stuff was true. I still believed in God, I just didn't believe he was going to rain fire and brimstone down upon us wicked sinners. When I look back on how my mindset was, I kinda pitied myself. What a mess I was. I had no hope in the future of the human race because I was sure it was all going to be destroyed soon. And I was waiting for that day. I wanted it to happen.

Once I realized none of that Doomsday crap was true, my mind felt free to become the futurist that I am now. I have high hopes for humanity. I see us conquering the stars one day. And I have many ideas on how we're going to do that. But there are still people who think the Tribulation is coming. Even people who don't believe in Hell think it's going to happen. I feel sorry for people like that because I know what it's like to think that way.

I know many of you believe in that stuff so my question is this: How far do you think we will advance as the human race before God comes and destroys it all? You can quote the Bible because I know you will, but I'm looking for personal opinions not based on scripture. I want to know what you personally think about all that.

As for me, I'll just tell you now that if there ever is a world wide catastrophic event, it will not wipe us all. Many people, notably the rich elite and their choosing, will bunker underground and return to the surface when it's safe to repopulste the Earth. They will have access to all the information we have now and will be able to quickly recover our technological advancements and resume our place in the universe. From there they will continue on as they strive to achieve greatness.

Now there are many scenarios that I have thought about concerning this. One of them is the possibility that we may destroy ourselves again and again until we get it right. Then after many thousands of years of trying to advance, we will finally overcome our own limitations and reach our density within the Stars. It may have even happened before. We could have been just as advanced as we are now if not more before a Great Purge annihilated the population.

It is possible that the Earth, in all it's natural glory, eroded all signs of an advanced civilization so that what was left provided very little evidence of such an era. Everything we have now is subject to decay. From our computers to our cars, buildings and entire cities, all are subject to the second law of thermodynamics.

Though I can not say I truly believe that we were once very advanced, I did believe it at one time. I even thought Ecclesiastes 1:9-11 was referring to such a possibility. Nevertheless, I do believe that we will continue to evolve as a species. We will become creatures of the heavens, each with their own unique characteristics forged by their environments. And if we are indeed alone in this universe, it's probably because we haven't populated it yet.

What are your takes?
Whether Christian or non-Christian (I've been back & forth many times) I have never predicted an end by 2000, but I have always said humans won't make it to 2100 IMO. I always said that the day nukes came around our days were numbered. Humans...the smartest species on the planet, but also the stupidest lol. Let's not forget advanced germ warfare, that one freaks me out even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0