• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

When God created me.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"I will cause you to be socially awkward and afflict you with depression and very low self-esteem. The low self-esteem will make it hard to trust anybody, including me, and you won't have the faith to "activate" things in your life. You'll also have a learning disability which will make it impossible for you to learn viable life skills. You'll also be given misophonia so that even something as pleasurable as dinner with family will be a source of stress. And if all that isn't enough, my son's words about sexual thoughts in Matthew 5: 27 - 28 will cause you major frustration as well."

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It could be worse. There are many people who have it worse than you. I do understand what it's like to be socially awkward though. I only had one friend until High School and then when we were about 16 we weren't friends anymore. Sometimes I get anxiety so bad that I have constant panic attacks (Not so much anymore but it used to be really bad).

Just understand that there are many people who can identify with you and that God loves you more than anything. He created us all for a reason.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I will cause you to be socially awkward and afflict you with depression and very low self-esteem. The low self-esteem will make it hard to trust anybody, including me, and you won't have the faith to "activate" things in your life. You'll also have a learning disability which will make it impossible for you to learn viable life skills. You'll also be given misophonia so that even something as pleasurable as dinner with family will be a source of stress. And if all that isn't enough, my son's words about sexual thoughts in Matthew 5: 27 - 28 will cause you major frustration as well."
Nope God did nothing like that. We are all born into a fallen world that He did not create. He did not cause us to fall. He told us do NOT eat of this tree if you do you will die. He new what was coming but like He still does now He can not will not go against our will. If we search His word and if we just believe if God said something in that word then He has to do it. If GOD said something we don't have to pray and ask for it for HE already spoke it. We need to believe and receive it. Then a believer in Jesus Christ can do all things through Christ Jesus and ALL things are possible to us.

We have been given that name above every name. I had a dream few years go just words "You do not invoke(speak) the name of Jesus enough". As Peter and John told them after the man was healed. "why do you look at us as if we did this by our own power. That name faith in that name healed this man made him whole". It is ALL for His glory. He can never do evil. Welcome to a fallen world.

What if we had faith and just believed? Did He not these signs follow "them" that believe cast out demons, speak with new tongues.....lay hands on the sick they shall be healed. As He told Sarah who laughed at God. He answered "what is to hard for the lord?" If GOD spoke it HE WILL DO IT praise GOD glory to Jesus

Upvote 0