Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... It is ... scripturally inaccurate that the Jewish people make up all the 144,000.

Rev. 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

Seems pretty plain to me!

Perhaps it IS Scripturally accurate, but not doctrinally accurate.

Thanks,
DaDad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... JEWS:

Rev. 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

To All,
Please be careful you don't supplant GOD's Chosen Jews with any other demographic. YOUR blessings come from blessing the Jews.

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Thanks,
DaDad

Here was Israel from the beginning of covenant history:

Genesis 17
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

It was comprised of all who complied with God's covenant requirements irrespective of ethnicity. Those requirements always translated into faith and obedience.

Here is Israel today. Its DNA is ubiquitous in every individual on earth, a reality scientifically confirmable in both genetics and mathematics.

The Jewish community itself recognizes, applauds, and promotes this reality. Notice that the source of most of the information below is that same Jewish community.

If Israel's DNA is ubiquitous in the human race, what does that leave as God's selection criteria for His Chosen People?

The same as it always has from the very beginning.

Faith and obedience. Nothing else.

As the beloved hymn captures it, "Trust and Obey".

Abraham lineage
DNA Tests Could Fulfill God’s Promise to Abraham by Revealing Millions of Jews. But How Jewish is Jewish Enough?
Israel in all of Us? Research finds 'Jewish genes' in unusual places

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132800
https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/tracing-lost-israelite-tribes-to-africa-1.5283901
https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html
http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/...-africa-has-jewish-roots-genetic-tests-reveal
https://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/...her-claims-proof-of-tribe-of-Ephraim-in-India
https://www.jta.org/2013/05/23/life...bush-bani-israel-tribe-claims-jewish-heritage

Example of the mathematical confirmation of ancestral genetic ubiquity

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Note: ALL the tribes! Judah is but one of the twelve, although they do represent Benjamin as well, in the House of Judah.
The House of Israel represents the other 10. This truth is shown throughout the Bible, in the over 160 times they are mentioned separately.

But I do not see those tribes in Revelation 7:4-8 and 14:1, as of national Israel at all. They are selected out of the great multitude of people from every race, nation and language, who have gathered from around the world and are assigned into twelve divisions, called by the names of the original Israelites.
They are every faithful Christian person, God's holy people, His children, in His holy Land, as described in Romans 9:24-26, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Peter states he was living the in the last days. It appears the last days started during Peter's generation.

When do these last days end? Before the millenium, during the millenium, or after the millenium?

Daniel 12:4 says knowledge increases in the end times.

1 Cor. 13:8 says prophesy, which your Joel quote mentions, and knowledge, both cease when that which is perfect comes. This is talking about Jesus, and not the bible, because then, we see "face to face" indicating it's a person that comes, and he is perfect.

Thus, since His second coming is before His millennial reign, I would say the end times/last days end just before the millennium.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are irrelevant. You are claiming that Peter believed he was in the last days when he doesn't. What is happening here is YOU believe Peter was in the last days and have put words into Peter's mouth.

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Was the last days back when this verse was written?

It seems obvious to me that if Peter said that those speaking in tongues were fulfilling Joel's prophesy that in the last days, God pours out Spirit, then it logically follows that it was the last days.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is Israel today. Its DNA is ubiquitous in every individual on earth, a reality scientifically confirmable in both genetics and mathematics.
The Jewish community itself recognizes, applauds, and promotes this reality. ...
Hi jgr,
If I'm not mistaken, Rev. Chapter 7 ALSO recognizes the distinct selection of the Jews. Perhaps there are those who disagree with GOD ...

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I may be missing something, but expect that Rev. 7 covers the TWELVE tribes of the Jews.
Thanks,
DaDad
Sure it does. But you display your lack of knowledge, when you think the Jews represent all the 12 tribes. They know the House of Judah, comprises of just Judah, Benjamin and a part of Levi.
Many from the Northern tribes and other foreigners have joined Judah, over the ages and still do so today. They become Jews, not any of the other 10 tribes.
The House of Israel were exiled in 722-717 BC, but for a decreed time. Ezekiel 4:4-5 God knows who and where they are.
It is them, mainly, who have accepted the Christian message. They are the great multitude seen by John in the holy Land; Revelation 7:9-14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The last days end with the events immediately preceding the new heavens and new earth.
It depends whether you mean the 'last days' of God's decreed 7000 years for mankind, or the last days of this Christian era. Actually the last eleven years, as we are now at year 5989 since Adam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DaDad said:
I may be missing something, but expect that Rev. 7 covers the TWELVE tribes of the Jews.
Sure it does....
... It is them, mainly, who have accepted the Christian message.
The 144,000 JEWS will ALL have accepted Jesus, and will PROCLAIM Jesus throughout the world. And they WILL BE JEWS.
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last days identified by Don K Preston.

Genesis 49, Deuteronomy 4, Deuteronomy 32
all prophecy the "last days" of the Old Covenant Age

the only possible exceptions are 2 Peter 3, 2 Timothy 3...

Those were the LAST epistles those Apostles wrote in this life on this world. Saint Peter and Paul were trying to prepare their flocks for ALL FUTURE Earth time, in what brief time they had remaining in this life

Unlike other usages of the term "last days" In those verses Saint Peter and Paul use the FUTURE tense. "In the last days, there WILL be such and such"

2 Peter 3, especially prepares Christians for the long haul. Referencing everything from ancient prophecies 1000 years old in his day. To the far future thousands of years, hence.

2 Peter 3 is virtually unambiguous. The Second Coming. Could come tomorrow? Or several BIBLICAL DAYS = 1000yrs from now.

As Moses and the prophets warranty Israelites about the ending of the Old Covenant Age. At the coming of the MESSIAH...

So Saints Peter and Paul warned Christians about the end of earth time at the coming of GOD at the Great White Throne Judgement.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last days identified by Don K Preston.

Genesis 49, Deuteronomy 4, Deuteronomy 32
all prophecy the "last days" of the Old Covenant Age

the only possible exceptions are 2 Peter 3, 2 Timothy 3...

Those were the LAST epistles those Apostles wrote in this life on this world. Saint Peter and Paul were trying to prepare their flocks for ALL FUTURE Earth time, in what brief time they had remaining in this life

Unlike other usages of the term "last days" In those verses Saint Peter and Paul use the FUTURE tense. "In the last days, there WILL be such and such"

2 Peter 3, especially prepares Christians for the long haul. Referencing everything from ancient prophecies 1000 years old in his day. To the far future thousands of years, hence.

2 Peter 3 is virtually unambiguous. The Second Coming. Could come tomorrow? Or several BIBLICAL DAYS = 1000yrs from now.

As Moses and the prophets warranty Israelites about the ending of the Old Covenant Age. At the coming of the MESSIAH...

So Saints Peter and Paul warned Christians about the end of earth time at the coming of GOD at the Great White Throne Judgement.
Since it didn’t happen to them and it is not going to happen to us, it’s not much of a warning. More reasonable to think they were warned about the end of the old covenant age when the Mosiac covenant and worship were destroyed along with the actual men who rejected the Messiah. That was a real warning they needed to hear and flee,

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Since it didn’t happen to them and it is not going to happen to us, it’s not much of a warning. More reasonable to think they were warned about the end of the old covenant age when the Mosiac covenant and worship were destroyed along with the actual men who rejected the Messiah. That was a real warning they needed to hear and flee,
The early Christians did heed the warning and they fled to Pella.
Now; Christianity is worldwide and we watch for the signs of the end of the Church age; as Jesus warned.
Those signs are perfectly evident, as we see the intractable situation in the Middle East becoming worse day by day.
Soon, Iran will see their opportunity and will attempt to nuke Israel. But at the moment of launching their missiles, the Lord will intervene with His multi prophesied Day of fiery wrath, that will destroy them all. Psalms 11:4-6, +

• Prayers
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Peter states he was living the in the last days. It appears the last days started during Peter's generation.

When do these last days end? Before the millenium, during the millenium, or after the millenium?
When time ceases! So that would be after the millennial kingdom, when He destroys the first heaven and first earth, when there will be no need of a sun or moon.
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away..." Rev. 21:1
"The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light." Rev. 21:23
"... There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light..."Rev.22:5

So logically, time is based on the earth's 24 hour rotation and then it's revolutions around the sun. God created time as a physical dimension when He created the earth, stars, days and nights. So it stands to reason when we don't count days or nights the same way and there will just be one eternal day, prior to that eternal existence would be considered the last days.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When time ceases! So that would be after the millennial kingdom, when He destroys the first heaven and first earth, when there will be no need of a sun or moon.
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away..." Rev. 21:1
"The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light." Rev. 21:23
"... There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light..."Rev.22:5

So logically, time is based on the earth's 24 hour rotation and then it's revolutions around the sun. God created time as a physical dimension when He created the earth, stars, days and nights. So it stands to reason when we don't count days or nights the same way and there will just be one eternal day
How do the trees there yield their fruit “every month” then, as we see them doing in Revelation 22:2??

prior to that eternal existence would be considered the last days.

So, at Genesis 1:1, the "Last Days" were officially underway?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The early Christians did heed the warning and they fled to Pella.
Yes, I know. That was the event the warning was speaking of. It was not speaking of the end of the world but the end of that age. That event has already happened. It is not an even that we are being warned us. It was not written to us.
Now; Christianity is worldwide and we watch for the signs of the end of the Church age; as Jesus warned.
There is no end of the church age. That is a kingdom that will never end, it says. There will be changes though. But the fellowship of the chrisitans will never end.
Those signs are perfectly evident, as we see the intractable situation in the Middle East becoming worse day by day.
Actually there are no signs to be given at all. In the days of Noah no signs whatsoever are given. So no signs will be given as to when Jesus comes again, the time when his enemies have been made a footstool for his feet.
Soon, Iran will see their opportunity and will attempt to nuke Israel. But at the moment of launching their missiles, the Lord will intervene with His multi prophesied Day of fiery wrath, that will destroy them all. Psalms 11:4-6, +
I do not believe any of this and have heard this sort of thing for decades....always "any minute now...." But I know of the dispensationalist teaching and its history.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually there are no signs to be given at all. In the days of Noah no signs whatsoever are given. So no signs will be given as to when Jesus comes again

Except Christ listed many signs to look for preceding his return in the Olivet Discourse, plus Paul spoke of two signs in 2Thess. The unsaved are in darkness and won't see or understand these signs but the saved are not in darkness and will see the signs and know the return is coming.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Except Christ listed many signs to look for preceding his return in the Olivet Discourse, plus Paul spoke of two signs in 2Thess. The unsaved are in darkness and won't see or understand these signs but the saved are not in darkness and will see the signs and know the return is coming.
The disciples asked him two questions, when the temple was coming down and when he would return. Those are two very different time periods. The temple coming down would be preceeded by signs and they are specific. His return as in the days of Noah would have no sigsn at all, same as in the days of Noah.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.