When did you son/daughter discover 'themselves'?

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My son is barely 6 1/2 months and yesterday when I was changing his diaper he started pulling...until he cried. Is it normal for him to do this at this time?:confused:

Now every time his diaper is off, he starts going down for a yank and usually makes himself whimper if not cry when he realizes it hurts to be pulled on...:doh:

Reactions: Alidar Jarok

Gods4me

Apr 16, 2006
scotland
✟1,279.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thats boys for you. My little one done the same thing. but i used to give him toys. (and he never cryed he laughed his head off) nowmy little boy is out of nappyes he can get his hand there with out the nappy beng in the way... we just have to keep telling him no!

its one of thos things that think boys always like to play with... Boys :doh:

Upvote 0
P

peace in the vally

When She Was About A Year And A Half, I Used To Tell Her That Was Yucky And We Don't Put Our Hands Down Our Pants And Then We Would Wash Her Hands. This Didn't Word She Just Developed A Thing For Washing Hands. My Mom Said To Just Let Her Do It If She Is In Her Room By Her Self Because She Is Just Curouse, She Said That If I Made Her Feel Ashamed Of It It Would Only Do More Harm Later On. So I Did, If She Was In Her Room By Herself And Had Her Hands There I Wouldn't Say Anything Just Let It Be And With In A Week She Was Done Hasn't Done It Since

Upvote 0

Surrender2Win

Look to the LORD and His strength...
Mar 20, 2005
✟0.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My youngest son just turned 2 and really likes his penis. At this point...he's two...it's just another body part that he's learning about. When we are at home, and he's in the bath or getting dressed, if he feels the need to explore I have no problem with that. When or if it gets to the point where he's a little older and "exploring" himself, then I will explain that is a special body part that is private, and we don't explore when others are around. I don't want him to feel like it's something to be shameful about, and yet, I also don't want a future horn ball who feels like he needs to touch and play all the time, so I think finding a balance and teaching about modesty and restraint at some point is important. But for now, meh.

I'm having an issue right now...I don't know how to handle it exactly... *sigh* A few months ago, I was changing his diaper in the middle of the night, and well...you know when boys sleep, their "thing" gets "big". Well, while I was trying to latch his diaper, my latching the diaper was causing some discomfort and I said, half sleeping...I'm sorry hunny, it's big right now, we just have to wait a few minutes and you'll be more comfortable. So...a few days later, I was changing his diaper and he grabbed himself and said..."big penis"....yeah, well my hubs thought it was funny, me, not quite as much. I'm just waiting for the day I'm changing him in a public place and he starts talking about his "big penis".

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He found out there was something in his diaper pretty early and now we're in the early stages of potty training. It's no different, IMO, than when they find their toes etc.

I tell him it's time to let go to finish getting his dressed etc. I will ask him to get his hands out of his pants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I just let my little boy get on with it, they only think I dont like is when he is pulling it a the table and hes eating, then I make him wash his hands. It usually occurs when its tea time, hes tired and has usually discarded his trousers and pants. I usually put some more clothes on him if I see hi and then his mind becomes occupied by other things - hes three.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
J does the same thing and has for a LONG LONG time. His daddy tells him that if he doesn't leave it alone, it is going to fall off! :doh:

I just tell him not to touch because he'll hurt himself. That typicaly does the trick. He's gotten some skin under his nails more than a couple of times because he jerks at it. Now that we are starting potty training, if he sits on the potty and starts to pee, he hurries up and puts his finger over it! :swoon:

Upvote 0

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
DD (8) hasn't discovered herself that I know of. I never did either. I think the prudishness runs in my family.

DS (2) discovered himself early on. He took after DH's family. *grin* He is hilarious with it. We're potty training him and I've tried to teach him to shake that last drop off. He'll grab it in the middle and wiggle it all around.

About a year or so ago they were taking a bath together. DD was pretty interested in his private parts and asked me if the sack was his brains. :o I told her not yet. :sorry:

Upvote 0