Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting event that took place yesterday when I went out to pick up some dog food.

The turn into the strip mall area has a short light with a turn arrow…. I was in the turn lane with only a truck ahead of me…. The arrow came on and the truck didn’t move … this is typically only a 3 or 4 vehicle light … I waited about 10 seconds and gave him a very short beep … he moved…. so, I made it through on yellow….

We both went into the shopping area …he went straight in the parking lot towards another store and I went left down about 10 parking lanes, found a spot and parked (I should add that I am one of “those” people who always faces out… so, I either pull through or back in, which I did.)

After parking I was fiddling for about a minute with a few things in my vehicle and when I looked up …. this red truck (same one from the light) had pulled right in front of me… blocking me in.

The dude gets out… kind of a big guy 6’4, around 220 #… late 30’s, well built, with a jar head haircut…and no expression. As I get out of my vehicle he walks towards the back of his truck. I walk towards him as he lifts the hard cover on the bed “What’s up” I ask … I get nothing but a mean glare. “Are you alright” I ask ….as I walk to his truck. ….. “I’ve had enough from disrespectful people” he responds. As I look in the bed, he is grabbing a rifle……I look him in the eyes and said “Do you want to talk about it” …. ”whatever it is I can help” he froze, dropped the rife back in the bed ….continued with his blank glare…. closed the bed and got back in his truck and left. … and I went to get dog food.

There are a couple things about this that have me perplexed although I think I figured it out….or at least enough to suffice my perplexity.

I am no stranger to having weapons pulled on me ….but …. not only did I not respond as I normally would ….it didn’t even cross my mind to take him down ….. that is what really perplexed me. By comparison I am not a big person 5’9 170, but I have had special training and I know some things…

But it was not until I got in the store that I began to evaluate this in my mind…what the heck just happened? Why did I not act? why did I not even think about it? ….I Just kept rolling that in my mind for the short time it was in the store…………… Although admittedly when it came time to leave the store I was in a different mode. I exited through the entrance which is a good 20 meters from the exit, figuring that would provide me with a few seconds to scan the lot in case he was set up to snipe me….but he was gone.

Here is my analysis, see if this makes sense …. Even before I left the house I told God I wanted to witness to someone…. I ask that all the time, but for some reason I was truly locked in on it. I remember asking Him to teach me something new. I know when I go with the intent to witness God is at work and the words I speak are from Him, they are power, and cut to the heart. And I believe every word that I spoke to that guy came right from God….although in hind sight they seem meaningless. Albeit, I always tell other believers…. never look at results …. That is not your business, that is Gods business…. your job is to love someone enough to speak.
The what if’s … the maybes …. and the should have’s … all need to be left in the category of Gods business.

I have never had an instance where I did not consider the danger, the threat, or the possible outcome it’s instinctive with me …. But NONE of that was there… it never even crossed my mind which brings me to my only conclusion……………… love supersedes all...... I went with the intent, and approached him with the intent of helping someone which takes love…

To me…. the words I spoke were not life changing to any degree … but I can presume... it is exactly what he needed to hear……the rest is up to God.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am no stranger to having weapons pulled on me ….but …. not only did I not respond as I normally would ….it didn’t even cross my mind to take him down ….. that is what really perplexed me.
If you talk him out of it or take the weapon away is more unconscious than conscious. We just deal with whatever the situation is. But I do have to warn people close to me to be careful of my reflexes. People do not pull a gun on you so much as they show you their gun and wait for your reaction. My reaction is to ask them questions about their gun. They usually love that gun and love talking about it. Before you know it, we are best of friends and I have even had people hand me the gun to get a better closer look at it. There is good in everyone and we need to bring the good out of them. People get targeted for a reason and it is better to be neutral toward people than to show them anything negative.

Upvote 0