Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And the picture you are describing is only in your imagination.

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:6)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

Doesn't matter if it is and "of" or a "by"--- because God was ultimately involved in the Creation---not Two Gods. Whom are all things. How do you get two Gods or a God and a Lord out of that?

but then you claim Jesus [your other God] is Lord here and obviously lost His God status at sometime? That is if you want to separate the terms Lord and God which you invariably do.​
We believe in the true God the Father of the Bible and His Son Jesus Christ who He sent.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
They are not one God as in they are in the same person physically.----Peter1000

And then:

They are one God in that they are so unified in purpose it is as if they are one God, but they are in 2 distinct and separate bodies.---Peter1000

Scratching my head on this one. Seems that your two Gods that are in the same person physically are not two Gods but ONE.

He then allowed his Son, the Lord God/Yahweh Elohim/Jehovah/Jesus, the Word of God to create all of the natural creation as you can read in Genesis 2. ---Peter1000

You are combining your terms Lord God/Yahweh/ Elohim/Jehovah/ Jesus to supposedly mean He is a separate God in Mormonism. The Mormon Father/God is now totally eliminated because He goes by the same Names?
I think you are trying to somehow impress me with all the Names of God---The ONE God.

This might work for a potential convert. But after 25 years of being out of your Church and finding the True Christ---this nonsense doesn't work with me
Jesus, the true Christ, told us how They are one:

(New Testament | John 17:21 - 23)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

They are one in glory and perfection.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus, the true Christ, told us how They are one:

(New Testament | John 17:21 - 23)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

They are one in glory and perfection.

And One God---the glory and perfection is just a part of it

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Certainly not to be confused with one separate Lord part of the time

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:4)

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Jesus was eternally God, never had to become God!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Even in that there is a plurality in the Hebrew among the One God!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Where do we find the exact phrase "His Son Jesus Christ who He sent?
So you do not believe that the Father sent Jesus?

(New Testament | John 17:3)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We believe in the TRUE God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

You keep quoting this scripture as if it helps your case but it doesn't. Jesus, the covenanted God of Israel, is indeed one Lord.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was eternally God, never had to become God!
We are all eternal spirits:

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 5:1)

1 FOR we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you do not believe that the Father sent Jesus?

(New Testament | John 17:3)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We believe in the TRUE God.
you said
"His Son Jesus Christ who He sent---HITW

That phrase in NOT in the verse you quoted,
More Mormon assumptions, designed to fool the unwary?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You keep quoting this scripture as if it helps your case but it doesn't. Jesus, the covenanted God of Israel, is indeed one Lord.

I though you just referred to Jesus as the so-called covenanted God of Israel, but then you say He is One Lord.

Who is the One God and One Lord in Mormonville?

This clears up your confusion:

One God OR---- One Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
you said
"His Son Jesus Christ who He sent---HITW

That phrase in NOT in the verse you quoted,
More Mormon assumptions, designed to fool the unwary?
The fact that the meaning is there and here also:

(New Testament | 1 John 4:9)

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

(New Testament | 1 John 4:14)

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

(New Testament | John 7:16)

16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

(New Testament | Galatians 4:4 - 6)

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

(New Testament | Luke 10:16)

16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

(New Testament | John 6:38)

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
They are not one God as in they are in the same person physically.----Peter1000

And then:

They are one God in that they are so unified in purpose it is as if they are one God, but they are in 2 distinct and separate bodies.---Peter1000

Scratching my head on this one. Seems that your two Gods that are in the same person physically are not two Gods but ONE.

He then allowed his Son, the Lord God/Yahweh Elohim/Jehovah/Jesus, the Word of God to create all of the natural creation as you can read in Genesis 2. ---Peter1000

You are combining your terms Lord God/Yahweh/ Elohim/Jehovah/ Jesus to supposedly mean He is a separate God in Mormonism. The Mormon Father/God is now totally eliminated because He goes by the same Names?
I think you are trying to somehow impress me with all the Names of God---The ONE God.

This might work for a potential convert. But after 25 years of being out of your Church and finding the True Christ---this nonsense doesn't work with me

Why would you scratch your head if I say they are not in 1 body physically, and then say they are in 2 separate and distinct bodies. That only makes sense.

These names: The Lord God/ Jehovah/ Yahweh Elohim/Jesus are the name of the same person, you are right. In the OT, Jesus was known as The Lord God and by Jehovah and in Hebrew Jesus was known as Yahweh Elohim. In the NT Jesus is known as The Word of God or the son of man or Jesus. These are all names of the man we know as Jesus.

God the Father is known as God the Father, God, Father, and in Hebrew he is known as Elohim.

He is separate and distinct from the man we know as Jesus.

You are right, converts eat it up, because for the first time in their life, they begin to understand the true nature of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

God the Father was known as Elohim, not the same person as The Lord God, see Genesis 1 and 2.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would you scratch your head if I say they are not in 1 body physically, and then say they are in 2 separate and distinct bodies. That only makes sense.

These names: The Lord God/ Jehovah/ Yahweh Elohim/Jesus are the name of the same person, you are right. In the OT, Jesus was known as The Lord God and by Jehovah and in Hebrew Jesus was known as Yahweh Elohim. In the NT Jesus is known as The Word of God or the son of man or Jesus. These are all names of the man we know as Jesus.

God the Father is known as God the Father, God, Father, and in Hebrew he is known as Elohim.

He is separate and distinct from the man we know as Jesus.

You are right, converts eat it up, because for the first time in their life, they begin to understand the true nature of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

God the Father was known as Elohim, not the same person as The Lord God, see Genesis 1 and 2.

He is separate and distinct from the man we know as Jesus--Peter100-

Just a man we know as Jesus? How then could He then be God or the Mormon "other God?"

God the Father is known as God the Father, God, Father, and in Hebrew he is known as Elohim---Peter1000

I thought you said Elohim was Jesus Christ here:

The Lord God/ Jehovah/ Yahweh Elohim/Jesus are the name of the same person, you are right---Peter1000

Like I say Mormons have a definite problem with accounting for their two Gods.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I keep quoting Scripture and it does not help my case?

So then the alterative would be: your commentaries on scripture is supposed to help?

Pretty clear in this verse [and many others}:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

So then the alterative would be: your commentaries on scripture is supposed to help?

Which God is saying this? God the Father, God the Son, or God the Holy Spirit? Or are they saying that in unison from within the one God?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

It makes it clear that Jehovah is one Lord. He is also the covenanted God of Israel. But we already knew that. We also know this:

(New Testament | John 6:38)

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
He is separate and distinct from the man we know as Jesus--Peter100-

Just a man we know as Jesus? How then could He then be God or the Mormon "other God?"

God the Father is known as God the Father, God, Father, and in Hebrew he is known as Elohim---Peter1000

I thought you said Elohim was Jesus Christ here:

The Lord God/ Jehovah/ Yahweh Elohim/Jesus are the name of the same person, you are right---Peter1000

Like I say Mormons have a definite problem with accounting for their two Gods.
Was Jesus not a man? Is Jesus not a God? Same person. He is a Man/God.

You obviously forgot "Yahweh" in front of "Elohim", so it is Yahweh Elohim.

The translators say this means "The Lord God". But a better translation would be "Jehovah, of the Gods" or "Jehovah, of the Council of the Gods". Who also became Jesus in the NT.
Again, Elohim means Gods, or Council of the Gods. So the Gods created everything in spirit form in the first chapter of Genesis, and then they chose Jehovah from the Council of the Gods to be the God that oversaw the creation of the natural world in chapter 2 of Genesis, A&E in the flesh, plants, animals etc, etc, etc.

So there really should be no confusion. If you insist, I will go over it again. It is not difficult.
You just have to study it out a little bit. Learn a couple of names in Hebrew and you will have it.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which God is saying this? God the Father, God the Son, or God the Holy Spirit? Or are they saying that in unison from within the one God?
God says this

Did you not listen or read in this case?

Upvote 0