What's your stance?

What's Your Belief?

• Theistic Evolutionist

• Young-Earth Creationist

• Other Creationist (Gap Theory, Old-Earth Creationist)

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Cedric Noggins said:
Quarternions- The universe is one big quarternion. Such a system would not occur under evolutionary circumstances.

troodon said:
I admit I have no idea what a quarternion is so I cannot answer this.

Pope Gonzo said:
I also don't know what a quarternion is.

Although I also am not familiar with quarternions, I suspect Cedric meant to type quaternion, which generally refers to either a set of four parts, things, or persons; or to a generalized complex number that is composed of a real number and a vector and that depends on one real and three imaginary units. It might also be noted that the plural form can also refer to the calculus of quaternions.

Hope that helps a bit.....

Upvote 0

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
platzapS said:
What's Your Belief?
0 Theistic Evolutionist
0 Young-Earth Creationist
0 Other Creationist (Gap Theory, Old-Earth Creationist)
0 Unsure

For the purposes of your poll, platzapS, what is the difference between "Theistic Evolutinist" and "Old-Earth Creationist"?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sinai said:
For the purposes of your poll, platzapS, what is the difference between "Theistic Evolutinist" and "Old-Earth Creationist"?

Thank you.
Theistic Evolutionist believes God created through evolution over millions of years.

OEC believes God created everything in it's form we see today only the earth is ancient.

Upvote 0

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Sinai said:

Thank you.

wblastyn said:
Theistic Evolutionist believes God created through evolution over millions of years.

OEC believes God created everything in it's form we see today only the earth is ancient.

Thank you, wblastyn. PlatzapS, is wblastyn's definitions the same as what you intended for your poll? The reason I am asking is (a) you started the poll, and (b) wblastyn's definition of OEC is a rather narrow use of the term.

Again, many thanks to both of you!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ray Cho said:
Micaiah,
Thanks for the welcome. Are you sorry because you feel I am mistaken in changing my stance on evolution, or because I had to make the change after being misguided so long by young-earth creationists? Either way, there's no need to apologize or sympathize. My faith in Christ has not been the least bit affected by the adjustment in my scientific views. Ray

I feel really sorry for you, because I think you jumped from the frying pan into the fire. You do not say I got on my face before God and He showed me this and that. You do not say I studed the natural record and God opened my eyes so now I understand this or that. You do not say I have entered into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His love is more real to me that it has ever been in my life.

What you say is first I listened to this group of men, and then I listened to that group of men. It is all the doctorine of man and you have just not demonstrated to me what God has to say about it.

The Bible is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. But how about medicine, what is it's track record. How relyable and dependable is it? How much has medicine changed in the last 100 years and how much is it going to change in the next 100 years. The Bible will continue to be steadfast and consistant.

Malachi 3:6a For I am the Lord, I change not;

Upvote 0
Dino............. where did they come from.............

Genesis 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

1 cor 15:39 all flesh is not the same flesh:but there is one kind of fleshof men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds

Gen 6:17 And behold , I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die

Who did this

1 peter 3:19 By which also he went and proclaimed unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls where saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us(not putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

2peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto Judgement; 5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person[from Adam] a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the worldof the ungodly; 6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly;

What Did THEY DO

Jude 6 And the Angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting Chains under darkness unto the judgement of the great day 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for example, suffering the vengence of eternal fire.

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God[not by salvation but by indiviual creation Job 1:6,2:1,38:7] saw the daughters of men that they were good; and they took them[by force then willingly] wives of all which they chose.

Gen 6:4 There were Gaints[fallen ones] in the earth in those days; and also after that when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old , men of renown[famous]

remember Gen 6:12, 1Cor 15:39

BONUS VERSE

2 peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming[judgement]? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the begining of the creation.. 5 For this they[evolutionist,ect] willingly are ignorant [desire this to escape there attention] of, by the word of God the heavens were of old and the earth standing out of the water and thru the water:[two world floods] 6 Whereby the world that then was being overflowed with water perished

Gen 1:2 And the Earth became without form and void; and darkness[Judgement] was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord and there is none else.

INTERESTED additional verses
Ezek 28:14, col 1:15-16, 2 peter 3:5-6, Job 38:4-7,

IN CONCLUSION

WITH TWO FLOODS ALL THE PEOPLE THAT DIED AND PLANTS ARE NOW OIL STOP THE DRILLING ANCIENT BURIAL GROUNDS....HA HA HA

aND aNGELS DID IT WITH aNIMALS ,bIRDS, AND FISH AND oh YEH hUMANS WHY gEN 3:15 TRYING TO STOP THE SEED

Upvote 0

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Sinai said:
Thank you, wblastyn. PlatzapS, is wblastyn's definitions the same as what you intended for your poll? The reason I am asking is (a) you started the poll, and (b) wblastyn's definition of OEC is a rather narrow use of the term.

Again, many thanks to both of you!

Is PlatzapS still around and checking this thread????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Dayton said:
I'm a literal 6 day YEC. Why? I believe the Bible.

Liberal Backslider said:
So do I, and I'm not a six-day creationist. Funny, isn't it?

I'm not a literal 6 day YEC. Why? I believe the Bible.

Hmmmmmm.... Do you suppose some of those verses have more than one interpretation?

Of course, I also agree with modern mainstream scientific findings and discoveries....and do not find significant conflict with what the Bible actually says....

And no, I have not voted in the poll, since I am not sure I really fit into any of the choices given.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sinai said:
I'm not a literal 6 day YEC. Why? I believe the Bible.

Hmmmmmm.... Do you suppose some of those verses have more than one interpretation?

They might have more than one interpretation, but they only have one application....

"In the beginning God..."

God spoke the heaven and the earth into existence as well as the heavenly bodies. When He did that, God created time and a means to measure it.

I can count.

Therefore, I am YEC.

~malaka~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vance said:
It is VERY comforting to see that 60% of the Christians around reject YEC'ism. It is the currently one of the most dangerous threats to the spread of the Gospel.

Fifty percent of the fundamentalist ministers standing in the pulpits of mainstream denominations "feeding the flocks" do not believe in a literal hell.

Does that mean that hell does not exist? Certainly not.

Professing Christians may reject YEC, but that doesn't mean that it does not exist as truth.

Professing Christians reject the virgin birth, the trinity, the rapture, the epistles of Paul, the canonized Bible, the deity of Christ, etc. etc. etc.

It that "comforting" to know?

~malaka`

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, of course not, that is silly. But since I believe that YEC'ism is one of the greatest threats to the spread of the gospel going today, it IS comforting to see that a majority are not falling into this trap. It is unfortunate that so many are falling into the other traps you mention.

My point is that with so many false doctrines gaining widespread acceptance (as you point out), we should be thrilled every time we see that a false doctrine (like YEC'ism) is still in the minority.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vance said:
Well, of course not, that is silly. But since I believe that YEC'ism is one of the greatest threats to the spread of the gospel going today, it IS comforting to see that a majority are not falling into this trap. It is unfortunate that so many are falling into the other traps you mention.

My point is that with so many false doctrines gaining widespread acceptance (as you point out), we should be thrilled every time we see that a false doctrine (like YEC'ism) is still in the minority.

Personally, I am not "thrilled" that you have identified "YEC-ism" as a false doctrine. I have asked in other threads for your biblical support that YEC-ism is a false teaching. When doctrines are false, then there are biblical passages that identify that doctrines are false.

I want to see those passages.

~malaka~

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I have stated elsewhere, the young earth creationists argue that the only way to read Scripture is their way and they draw certain conclusions from that. I think that the conclusions they draw from their interpretation are false, and since they teach their conclusion as a doctrine, I call it a false doctrine. Sure, I could show you why I believe their conclusions and their interpretation (and, thus, their doctrine) is false, if you like.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vance said:
As I have stated elsewhere, the young earth creationists argue that the only way to read Scripture is their way and they draw certain conclusions from that. I think that the conclusions they draw from their interpretation are false, and since they teach their conclusion as a doctrine, I call it a false doctrine. Sure, I could show you why I believe their conclusions and their interpretation (and, thus, their doctrine) is false, if you like.

Anytime that a false doctrine was identified in the Word of God, then there are passages to support the fact.

I simply want the passages that substantiate your claim that "YEC-ism" is a false doctrine.

I don't want to hear "YEC's argue"... or "I think".... that just isn't the way the the Word of God teaches against false doctrines.... Paul was specific when he identified false doctrines. Christ was specific. Peter was specific.... in summary, God was always specific when false doctrine was identified.

~malaka~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.