What's your stance?

What's Your Belief?

• Theistic Evolutionist

• Young-Earth Creationist

• Other Creationist (Gap Theory, Old-Earth Creationist)

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jet Black

Malaka said:
Anytime that a false doctrine was identified in the Word of God, then there are passages to support the fact.

I simply want the passages that substantiate your claim that "YEC-ism" is a false doctrine.

I don't want to hear "YEC's argue"... or "I think".... that just isn't the way the the Word of God teaches against false doctrines.... Paul was specific when he identified false doctrines. Christ was specific. Peter was specific.... in summary, God was always specific when false doctrine was identified.

~malaka~

YECism is a theory that was suggested after the bible. how on earth do you expect it to be included in the bible?

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jet Black said:
YECism is a theory that was suggested after the bible. how on earth do you expect it to be included in the bible?

There are a tremendous amount of "doctrines" that have been introduced "after the Bible". The statement was made that YEC-ism was a false doctrine. Other "false doctrines" are proven false by what the Word of God says. I am simply asking for the Scriptures that identify that YEC-ism is a false doctrine.

~malaka~

Upvote 0

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Malaka said:
There are a tremendous amount of "doctrines" that have been introduced "after the Bible". The statement was made that YEC-ism was a false doctrine. Other "false doctrines" are proven false by what the Word of God says. I am simply asking for the Scriptures that identify that YEC-ism is a false doctrine.

~malaka~

OK.

Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

And they declare also clearly that the universe is old - objects millions of light years away are visible.

Upvote 0

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Malaka said:
They might have more than one interpretation, but they only have one application....

When scriptures are open to multiple interpretations, one should probably examine the original language and conduct a thorough research into the area before claiming that the interpretation he or she prefers is the only correct one. Are you ready to do that? If so, we can discuss this in the thread that has been started for that purpose.

"In the beginning God..."

God spoke the heaven and the earth into existence as well as the heavenly bodies. When He did that, God created time and a means to measure it.

Time as we know it (and, as you point out, a means to measure it) began "in the beginning" when God created the universe.

I can count.
So can I....and, I presume, the rest of us....
Therefore, I am YEC.

Therefore, I am not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.