Whats your most "heretical" (controversial) theological belief?

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Only reason I believe such is because I cannot find such a practice in the New Testament

You can't find against it either. If God didn't want us to praise Him in every means possible, He would have made it a law, instead of some group coming up with a legalistic approach and adding to scripture. You know the Pharisees added a lot of man made laws too. That should make you wonder if doing the same thing is God's will.

Reactions: Doulos 7
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's not controversial in the context of historic and orthodox Christian thought, but here on CF and for a lot of modern--especially Evangelical--Christians the hope that ultimately all might be saved is certainly controversial. Note that I'm not a Universalist, I don't believe all will be saved; but I do earnestly hope and pray that, ultimately, all will have life with God in the Age to Come. It is hope, not dogma.

If not that, then the most controversial theology I hold to is basic Lutheranism, especially the doctrine that we are saved by grace alone through faith on Christ's account alone. We get funny looks from Calvinists and Arminians; we get funny looks from Catholics and other Protestants. Catholics usually think we're just another form of Protestantism, and Protestants usually think we're basically just Catholics. So if you're looking to be weird and have nobody know exactly what it is you believe, Lutheran is a good way to go. We also seem to get along pretty well with Orthodox, perhaps because we share with the Orthodox an appreciation for mystery and paradox--or maybe it's because the Orthodox are also considered weird, at least here in the West; so we end up being weird together.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Doulos 7

Jul 10, 2018
Oklahoma
✟11,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can't find against it either. If God didn't want us to praise Him in every means possible, He would have made it a law, instead of some group coming up with a legalistic approach and adding to scripture. You know the Pharisees added a lot of man made laws too. That should make you wonder if doing the same thing is God's will.
This man says it better than I ever could:

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not controversial in the context of historic and orthodox Christian thought, but here on CF and for a lot of modern--especially Evangelical--Christians the hope that ultimately all might be saved is certainly controversial. Note that I'm not a Universalist, I don't believe all will be saved; but I do earnestly hope and pray that, ultimately, all will have life with God in the Age to Come. It is hope, not dogma.

If not that, then the most controversial theology I hold to is basic Lutheranism, especially the doctrine that we are saved by grace alone through faith on Christ's account alone. We get funny looks from Calvinists and Arminians; we get funny looks from Catholics and other Protestants. Catholics usually think we're just another form of Protestantism, and Protestants usually think we're basically just Catholics. So if you're looking to be weird and have nobody know exactly what it is you believe, Lutheran is a good way to go. We also seem to get along pretty well with Orthodox, perhaps because we share with the Orthodox an appreciation for mystery and paradox--or maybe it's because the Orthodox are also considered weird, at least here in the West; so we end up being weird together.

-CryptoLutheran
Amen. I also find it humorous reading Calvinist and Armenians arguing as both have the same problem. They both are dead wrong concerning God's salvation for man.

Last edited:
Reactions: akmom
Upvote 0