Whats your most "heretical" (controversial) theological belief?

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just saying that if Paul knew his letters would be saved and then included in the Bible, he'd have written them differently.
As Paul's epistles were written to the Church, I have to disagree. The whole of the New Testament was written to and for the Church.

Reactions: Doulos 7
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A denial of the Trinity (and or that Jesus is God), Once Saved Always Saved (Generally Protestants), or a Non-OSAS Sin and Still Be Saved Type Belief (Free Will Baptists), and Calvinism are at the top of my list of heretical beliefs. Please take note that I do love all people including those who would hold to such dark doctrines, but that does not mean I have to love these kinds of beliefs. It is my deepest prayer that folks would see these man made beliefs for what they are.

Anyways, may God fill you all with the fulness of His love.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A denial of the Trinity (and or that Jesus is God), Once Saved Always Saved or a Non-OSAS Sin and Still Be Saved Type Belief (Free Will Baptists), and Calvinism are at the top of my list of heretical beliefs. Please take note that I do love all people including those who would hold to such dark doctrines, but that does not mean I have to love these kinds of beliefs.

Anyways, may God fill you all with the fulness of His love.
I also have friends with moronic beliefs.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe Jesus became literally sin and was separated from God while dying on cross and God the Father was pleased to get rid of sin , bruise him and put him to grief.
Isaiah 53:10
2 Corinthians 5:21

Psalms 22:1
Matthew 27:46

Numbers 21:9
John 3:14

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That the practice of instrumental music in worship goes against the word of God!
That the practice of instrumental music in worship goes against the word of God!
Must be from the Church of Christ.
The EO also do not use instruments but they don't say doing such would be wrong or sinful.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

David played Harp tho and demons fleed .
Psalms 98:4

But I can see why , I don't believe than rock band need to have thier concert inside of church building .

Upvote 0

Doulos 7

Jul 10, 2018
Oklahoma
✟11,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Must be from the Church of Christ.
The EO also do not use instruments but they don't say doing such would be wrong or sinful.

Only reason I believe such is because I cannot find such a practice in the New Testament

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is confusing. The talk of hell in the Bible is eternal torment. And yet the only way to have eternal life is by believing in Christ. So how are the unbelievers in hell alive for eternal torment?

Not debating, just something I wondered about? Not that concerned actually. I have my sites on Heaven.

They are awaiting the judgement hell is just prison atm . Then God gives them resurrected bodies and only after that they will be judged and tormented forever .

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe we are all sons of Adam. And probably Noah, for that matter. But I don't think the Bible says that Adam and Eve and their children were the only people on earth at the time of Genesis.

A common theme on this thread seems to be "heretics" articulating themselves rather well, and not necessarily denying the assertions of their critics, but critics unable or unwilling to discuss the issues in more depth.

Bible says that where it says "Eve was mother of all living " meaning no other woman gave children nor was before her .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doulos 7

Jul 10, 2018
Oklahoma
✟11,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

But I can see why , I don't believe than rock band need to have thier concert inside of church building .

Yes, he did! But he was under the old law that commanded that kind of worship. today we are commanded to sing (Col. 3:16; Eph. 5:19

Yes, he did! But he was under the old law when they were commanded to worship in such a way! today we are commanded to sing (Col. 3:16; Eph. 5:19)!

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only reason I believe such is because I cannot find such a practice in the New Testament
And you can quit looking as it is not there

The Eastern Orthodox don't because they didn't when they began. We Orthodox are not much into change. But we have always loved music as every word (except the homily) is sung.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whats your most "heretical" (controversial) theological belief?
That the church of Philadelphia in Revelation 3:7-13 is referring to the second coming Christ who comes under a new name, meaning his name isn't Jesus. It would also appear that this person is just a normal human being who was divinely anointed if we also take into consideration Zechariah 3 about the high priest interestingly enough named Joshua which means Jesus.
The high priest also has parallels to the story of Isaac just before his sacrifice where his mother enclosed a precious stone in the top of his turban. (The Book of Jasher 23:15).
This 'stone' has several references in Revelation but it appears that this stone is a representation of a title to the Christ which also comes with it a hidden name (the new name). Revelation 2:17, Revelation 19:12.

There are not too many (if any) church denominations that have sermons or teachings on this new name and the white stone, and not many (if any at all) really understand it's meaning or significance.
I find it interesting that many students of eschatology agree that Zechariah has many parallels to Revelation, but when it comes to chapter 3, it's got nothing to do with end-time prophecy. Quite understandable because the high priest had sins.

I also have other "heretical" theological beliefs that involve John's Gospel was actually written by Mary Magdalene, and the mysteries of John the Baptist are easily understood if we viewed the writings about him as prophecy. For example: Matthew 11:17 relating to the end-times Elijah.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also have friends with moronic beliefs.

Not sure what you are trying to say. What does that have to do with the beliefs I mentioned? Are you saying they deny the Trinity, they deny Jesus is God, and they believe in a sin and still be saved type belief?

If this is the case (meaning: They are people who deny that Jesus is God and or they deny the Trinity, and or they believe they can sin and still be saved), then they would not be my friends. Granted, I would love and pray for their souls, but I would hate their sin. I would be loving, kind, respectful, and generous with them, but I would not hang out with them and say they are my friends. They are of the devil's kingdom and not of God's Kingdom. For friendship with the world is enmity with God. For whosever is a friend of the world is an enemy of God.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." (James 4:4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i believe that the most HERETICAL teaching in america is not necessarily a completely false teaching
but it is an over emphasis of faith......

as most discussions of salvation are 90% focused on faith
and do not emphasize what Jesus said about the true
character of a saved person .....

that is LOVE
1 CORINTHIANS 13:2
I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not LOVE, I am nothing.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you travel in an automobile to get to Church and that's not in scripture either. So it's a pick and choose thing? Or is it just you do so because those you worship with do it that way? Nothing wrong with the latter.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That may be so. But both can't be right at the same time. Prove all things, hold fast to that which is good.
I think we are sometime too black and white in our understanding of doctrines. Once I was in a debate of election v. our ability to choose or reject God. Both sides were edifying, and one of my heretical beliefs is that we will see things differently when we see Him. We now only understand a little.

Upvote 0