what's your handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theresalyn

i was sitting here looking at all those names there on the right hand side of the site and wondered how all the other eagles came by the name they use on here. mine is my actual name (although i go by tery in day to day life).
it's funny how a name lends a face to otherwise invisible folk. i just saw one that says 'soupysayles'! wow. a blast from the past for sure :)
so what led YOU to who you are here?

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Mother of Promise comes from Psm. 68:5. "A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in His holy habitation".

Also Ex 22:23 and others.

These are promises of God that have been the anchor of my soul.

I believe they are for all single women, not just those seperated from their husbands by death. :) If you have not been claiming these precious promises of God, I hope you will begin. :)

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been a member of other websites that were not very pleasent to hang around in. Some were not Christian based and some were but a majority of the people who post in them only want to argue and insist on being right. I had to remind myself at times that the post I was reading was made by a Christian and I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about. When I joined CF I was telling myself to keeptrying so I made it my name.

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Lutherrunner said:

I usually can't guess the answers on Jeopardy, but maybe I can get this one. "What is a handle for man who likes to run and is a Lutheran?"

PS: Mine is from the hymn "Church in the Wildwood." It's one of my favorites because one of my earliest and fondest memories is of being in church beside my dear grandfather.

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
Wildwood said:
I usually can't guess the answers on Jeopardy, but maybe I can get this one. "What is a handle for man who likes to run and is a Lutheran?"

PS: Mine is from the hymn "Church in the Wildwood." It's one of my favorites because one of my earliest and fondest memories is of being in church beside my dear grandfather.

That is correct for $400!......:thumbsup:........pretty easy question for the first round, eh?

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Wildwood said:
PS: Mine is from the hymn "Church in the Wildwood." It's one of my favorites because one of my earliest and fondest memories is of being in church

Wild, you sing my tune! :clap: I love that hymn and it's one of my earliest and fondest memories of church, too!

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/l/i/littlebc.htm

Upvote 0
T

theresalyn

Mine is from the hymn "Church in the Wildwood." It's one of my favorites because one of my earliest and fondest memories is of being in church beside my dear grandfather.

my father had the most beautiful voice and he would sing that so many times in church. i adore that song. so much so, that when i visit a church, the very first thing i do is look to see if it's in their hymnal.
that's a wonderful testimonial!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
:clap:
wge3.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.