What's Your Favorite "Spiritual" Hard Rock?

Nachtjager

Mar 24, 2006
South Louisiana
✟512.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:cool: Just a quick one here - what's your favorite hard rock/heavy/alternative/whatever group? I'm into rather harsh stuff musically and want to find some more with spiritual overtones. Am I the only one who finds some inspiration in a lot of Distrurbed's music? Recently got the Pillar CD, it wasn't bad I though, got Stapp's CD, it's okay, Alterbridge, old Creed of course, stuff like that. Have some P.O.D. and it's the first almost hip-hop stuff I like. Looking for more stuff like this to pick up and the local music stores are unholy lame. HEY, anybody heard the weird German CD Gotteskrieger by Heimataerde? :eek: WHOOOAAH! Not exactly my kinda' stuff, but it's gothic weird heavy techno rock - I don't know what you call it really. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanx and stay blessed and kewl. ;)

Nachtjager

Mar 24, 2006
South Louisiana
✟512.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:cool: Thanx for the input, please keep the suggestions coming. Picked up some Thrice and Blindside, both good. Will get some other stuff soon. Listened to some As I Lay Dying online. FANTASTIC graphics on the CD's, love the artwork, :thumbsup: the music, however, is a bit too toxic for me. I like the guitar work and the tunes, but that guy's voice sounds like he's been gargling with razor blades and liquid hydrogen. :sick: I like Metalica, Disturbed, and that whole gravel/growl voice thing, but AILD is a bit too much gravel for me. Still, I'll probably end up with their CD's anyway as I liked what I heard aside from the vocals. Danke and God bless! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
thr3enails said:
If you want really hard hitting hardcore, go with Seventh Star or Alove for Enemies

Nodes of Ranvier are good too!

Nodes of Ranvier majorly seconded! If you have myspace, check out their profile and the song "Don't Blink." Their CD is worth getting for that track alone.

Upvote 0

Emetic

Jan 30, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
✟242.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should check out Orphaned Land.

This is how they describe their sound: The magic, the force & the wisdom of Orphaned Land is the use of conflicts & opposite concepts - by combining a few languages, cultures, ancient instruments with almost all kinds of metal styles, it gets a colorful mixture of cultures and a journey around the world, it is a meeting of east & west, past & present, light & darkness, and a tango between God and Satan, it is the land where enemies find their common path, enjoy your quest at the ark while the flood and the storm still rages...

Upvote 0