What's up with the French?

Great discussion going here. Sorry it took me so long to get back.

What facinates me is the history of what really happened. The truth is, the land we call Israel was occupied by the British during WWII. In fact, in the beginning Hitler wanted to send the Jews back to Israel and the British said "no!" Sends chills down my spine still.

After the war, the Jews tried to go to Israel, but the British still wouldn't let them in. So they boarded ships and staged a hunger strike until world pressure made the British relent.

Eventually, the British gave up their occupation leaving the Arabs and the Jews to fight it out - thus the seven day war. If you need proof God is on the side of the Jews, just read about that. Israel won all the land including the West Bank, Gaza and the Temple Mount. However, instead of throwing the Arab people out, they let them stay and even allow them to warship in their Mosque on the Temple Mount.

As for being occupied, if war decided who owns the land, then it is the Palistinians who are the intruders. Besides, a lot of the land being settled by the Jews was bought and paid for -- to the Palistinian people.

About Bush. . . I am facinated by all this. I mean, he can demand anything he wants, but what leverage does he really have to make Sharon do anything at all -- threaten not to take him to lunch anymore?

Today, the Arab nations are saying they want Israel to pull out, US troops to patrol the streets and for the US to pay for all the damage Israel did to the Palistinian cities.

US as in us! I don't think soooooooo.

Upvote 0
Before Israel was allowed to declare their independance,
many British died at the hands of Jewish TERRORISTS.
What if Bush would have threatened to cut off aid?
We spend billions to aid Israel. Have had Jewish spies
steal our military secrets. The dual citizenship problem
is real and a bad one.
Truth is a concept that is quite relative here. With
all of the money that the Palestinians recieved, they
should have been able to buy them a nice place to live
in place of their homes. These camps{refugee} sure are
nice. No wonder the Palestinians are so happy.
Maybe they should just stage a peaceful hungerstrike,
that should do the trick! I am not trying to defend any
terrorist activity, but to be baffled as to why the
Palestinians are angry is quite silly. The recent acts
of the Israelis army could be aptly described as terroristic, but since they are a "sovereign" nation,
they are in the right. If the Palestinians declared
statehood, the Judeo-Christian block in the U.S. would
support their annihilation, sad but true.
If a young Palestinian uses a suicide bomb, or an Israeli
uses a tank to kill innocent people, why is one killing
method OK and the other wrong? Or a settler uses his Uzi
on a group of protesters? Settler is quite a benign term
for invader or occupier. Hitler annexed countries near
Germany, Israel annexed territories too. Which one is
justified?
Fish

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've been looking at this situation for years, and have come to the conclusion that there is blame to go around for everyone. The French seem to have forgotten who bailed their butts out of some major scrapes in the past. And then, to deny th US to fly over their country, en-route to Iraq during Desert Storm, really flys in the face of any kind of gratitude.

Let me just add, that I had some respect for Israel, who showed great restraint, in not retalliating against Iraq, when they were being bombarded by Iraq with scud missles. However, Sharon and others, have opened my eyes to the fact that the Israelies are no saints, either. Like I mentioned earlier, there is plenty of blame to go around for everyone involved. This includes, to some extent, the US.

John

Upvote 0
This thread is interesting. I agree with Mr. Bear; there's plenty of blame to go around for everyone involved. And the funny part is that some nations that aren't involved get criticized for not being involved.

The question of "who was there first" has become somewhat irrelevant, especially since the Jews kicked the Canaanites out of the land back in the day. In today's society Russia, Britain, US, China, Mexico, France, and even Germany all "own" lands that they militarily took from somebody else, and you don't hear much of a call to give these lands back.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by strathyboy
The question of "who was there first" has become somewhat irrelevant, especially since the Jews kicked the Canaanites out of the land back in the day. In today's society Russia, Britain, US, China, Mexico, France, and even Germany all "own" lands that they militarily took from somebody else, and you don't hear much of a call to give these lands back.

Don't forget to include Canada on that list. ;)

Upvote 0
France is still steaming, because Israel destroyed the NUCLEAR REACTOR they were building for the Iraqi government. Can you imagine the weapons Iraq would have, if they would have had a breeder reactor to make plutonium for the last 20 years. Thank GOD Israel destroyed that reactor before it went on line. The French are very anti-Israel. I think they are jealous and envy, towards hatred of US too. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

BigEd

an adopted child of God
Feb 15, 2002
connecticut
✟9,726.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A great book on the issues of the middle east "the peace to end all peace" i forget the author's name but you casn find it in any Barnes & noble. It explains how foriegn policy decissions mad by England and france helped to make the political situation a screwy as it is ... with all that a couple of thoughts.

First there is already a palstinian state..
It's called Jordan. 90% of Jordan is palstinian. the rulling family the Hussiens ( not related to saddam, in Iraq) orignally were from Suadi arabia. The hussians aided the british in fighting the turks in WW 1. After the war they fought a civil war against Ibn Saud, and were kicked out of their homeland in suadi Arabia. The British, knowing the hussiens had aid them during the war gave them control over trans-jordain palastien. While the rest of palastin (modern day isreal) was under british mandate. the lands of the west bank orrignally belonged to Jordan, which they lost in the 6 day war.

Upvote 0
The PLO had a home in Jordan too, until they tried to overthrow the government and got kicked out. Now Arafat and his bunch are trying the same thing on Israel, but with international diplomatic intervention on their side. Maybe we should demand that France, be the new home for the Palestinians. They can't seem to be able to elect a leader that everyone likes. Maybe they should let Arafat run for the office. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Maybe we should demand that France, be the new home for the Palestinians.

I like that! Since they have so much sympathy for the Palestinians, they'll be quite comfortable there. They're "searching" for a home, well, now they can have one. Viva La France!

Peace in Christ,
Terri

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
HOw about they get ship and live on that for a the rest of their lives. I thought Italy was supposed to be finding them a home.

Maybe the Jackie Soohen (International Solidarity) knows a good place for them... maybe her home :)

Upvote 0