What's the weather like where you are? (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does it get really freezing over there, missms? It's been a cool winter here and I'm looking forward to more sunshine...

I'm not missms,but I can answer that since I live about three miles away from her. It gets terribly cold here in the winter. Temps near zero F, (Water freezes at 32 F) and winds out of the North can make life miserable. I drive a tall vehicle and you can really feel the winds buffeting that machine in open country.

Once again, as Winter approaches I have to become something of a fuel alchemist. #2 diesel fuel starts gelling when it gets below 20F, so I have to pour special mixes into the tank if I expect to start in the morning. I got caught that way once, and after spending a fortune on getting towed and then getting the fuel system straightened out I don't cater to the idea of letting that happen again. Gasoline burners don't have to think about that, those of us who burn diesel in high latitudes aren't allowed to forget it.

Edit, add-on: Almost forgot, right now it's 45 and clear, highs expected to not quite make 70F today under clear skies. No alchemy needed today.

Yes, Winter is a bit of a bear in the Chicagoland area.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
44f now but might make it to 70 with sunshine

Our weather is usually pretty close, but not this time. It's 83F here right now, and we'll have an expected low tonight of 53F. Maybe you have a cold front that we don't have yet.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Patsy D

Oct 21, 2010
✟15,133.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

I can't talk long, gotta get to work. Yes, I still work.....I'm 59, 60 in January.

I'm new here. I am in Tri-Cities, WA, USA. Indian Summer right now 40 at night/70 during the day.

Been a Christian for 32 years. Would sure like to get to know you guys...where so you hang out here?

God bless and have an awesome day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Mornings are cold 38-45 (for here in W. WA state); but afternoons can still get up to near 70. Missing the football game tonight..just a bit to chilly for me to sit that long without moving around. Dear husband is going. Love the early mornings here..walking in fog. Lots of critters out then. Quiet time to pray and reflect on the upcoming day's activities..

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
YEAH! - We finally got some rain. We've gotten 1.26 inches in the last 24 hours, and we have a chance of more rain tonight and tomorrow. I'll be praying for some more, but I give thanks for what we've already gotten.

Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Warm (for this time of year) and wet. A good chance of rain the rest of this weekend heralds a warm front. Right now it's 63 degrees F and storms are building to the West of here, should be here around Midnight Chicago time.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We lost our second chance for rain, but we're not complaining. The final tally for our last rain was 2 inches. We'll have low 80s the next couple of days and low 50s at night.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.