What's the weather like where you are? (10)

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is our local area forecast; you can see the drop off more plainly in this one:

2020-11-04 12.19.57 www.wunderground.com a611a1e5b169.png

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A couple of inches of snow fell Monday. However it was sunny on both Thursday and Friday. Thursday had a high temperature of 71 F (22C) and Friday's high was 70F (21). Warm mainly sunny weather is expected to continue to around mid week.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of inches of snow fell Monday. However it was sunny on both Thursday and Friday. Thursday had a high temperature of 71 F (22C) and Friday's high was 70F (21). Warm mainly sunny weather is expected to continue to around mid week.

You have snow and then 71F in the same week? Summer and winter at the same time!:)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The temperature range at Griffiss weather station in Upstate New York yesterday (November 9) was from 75 F (24C) to 36 F (2C). We have had several days now with highs in the low 70's and low temperatures in the thirties. Skies have been clear with radiational cooling at night allowing for a large range in daily temperature. This weather pattern is very unusual. The average high this time of year is about 50 and skies are normally overcast most of the time.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
At Griffiss in Upstate New York the high temperature yesterday (Nov 10) was 78 F (26C). The previous high temperature for the date was 70F (21C). The highest temperature ever recorded in November at this station wa 79 F (26C) . This anomalous weather has been going on for several days breaking high temperature records and all time November highs across the northeastern US and southeastern Canada. A cold front is currently moving through and fairly heavy rain has been falling for the last several hours. Temperatures are expected to bottom out at near normal levels.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Peter and I went for a flu jab this morning and the weather was mild but there was a chill in the air.
Peter sat in the car while I bought some fillet steak for a treat from the local butcher. Yummy it was delicious, also a chicken for Sunday lunch.
We were glad to be home, the morning was a little too much for Peter, so he had a good rest in the afternoon.
Autumn has arrived, piles of leaves everywhere. Tonight is 9c and at the end of next week I believe the temperature will drop to 1c.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gidgx

Truth Seeker
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2006
✟652,290.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Strong wind gusts up to 80 km/h expected today.

A strengthening low pressure system is forecast to track across northeastern Ontario today with winds strengthening throughout the day. The highest winds are expected to be ushered in with the passage of a cold front late this afternoon, where southwest winds gusting up to 80 km/h are forecast. Winds will ease by Monday morning.

Local power outages are possible. Strong winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

A strengthening low pressure system is forecast to track across northeastern Ontario today with winds strengthening throughout the day. The highest winds are expected to be ushered in with the passage of a cold front late this afternoon, where southwest winds gusting up to 80 km/h are forecast. Winds will ease by Monday morning.

Local power outages are possible. Strong winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
those winds are very strong! take care :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Peter and I went for a flu jab this morning and the weather was mild but there was a chill in the air.
Peter sat in the car while I bought some fillet steak for a treat from the local butcher. Yummy it was delicious, also a chicken for Sunday lunch.
We were glad to be home, the morning was a little too much for Peter, so he had a good rest in the afternoon.
Autumn has arrived, piles of leaves everywhere. Tonight is 9c and at the end of next week I believe the temperature will drop to 1c.
I'm glad Peter managed to get out, and trust that he is recovering well. :prayer:
The leaves seem to have fallen overnight here. I was looking at their golden colours a few days ago and now they have almost all gone!

I hope that you are okay Gidgx, and that you've not been without power. :)

It's been raining here all day (as far as I'm aware - I've been indoors! :D). My browser tells me that it's 48F and it's windy with it, which is somehow getting into the house, but I can't find where the draught is coming from! :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gidgx

Truth Seeker
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2006
✟652,290.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Significant snowfall continues today into Wednesday. Additional snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible today through Wednesday morning. An additional 20 to 30 cm will be possible for higher terrain. Strong northerly winds gusting near 70 km/h are possible today, particularly near Georgian Bay. This snowfall is a result of a strengthening low pressure system expected to move through eastern Ontario into Quebec today into Wednesday. Precipitation associated with this low pressure system is expected to move east of the area by Wednesday afternoon.

Upvote 0