What's the weather like where you are? (10)

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I also meant to say that Utica is due east of Rochester

I spent Christmas 1969 in an old house in Rochester. Never before or since have I seen such gigantic icicles! ^_^

Upvote 0

Gidgx

Truth Seeker
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2006
✟652,290.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Extreme heat expected for Tuesday through Wednesday. A hot airmass approaching the area will bring daytime temperatures in the low thirties over the next couple of days. With increasing humidity on Wednesday, humidex values are expected to creep in the mid to high thirties. Lows between 20 and 22 degrees Celsius are also expected Tuesday night. Temperatures will cool off Wednesday night as Tropical Depression Cristobal approaches Ontario.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(sorry this is reported late) The storm Cristabal went through the state next to us so towns around us got some tree downing winds but our community only got rain and some hours without internet. What is of note is that we heard a two minute long continuous thunder. In all of my years of experiencing storms I haven't ever heard that sort of thing before.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wet, rain all day, but cleared up this evening, so we went for a walk up through the housing estate. The gardens look beautiful after the rainfall. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We finally got some hot temps the last few days; after having winter like weather for the last month; with snow in the mountains--here in the PNW.

So it was 84F in Eugene today; with the humidity around 50%; I went to town today and it was like walking around in a Sauna. :hot:

It was so bad; we stopped at a gas station and I went in and washed my head. I also had just come from my barber; and my first hair-cut since February; a modified "buzz" cut; so wanted to wash the hairs off my neck that were floating down my back in the river of sweat I was producing!:eek:

After all that I came home and turned the portable AC unit on in the bedroom; and after 2 hrs it was over-flowing it's drain pan; it had produced over a quart of water in that time; so I put in the bigger pan and it promptly filled that on too!:rolleyes:

The thing thinks it's a water maker;:D not an AC unit; cause even tho it brought the temp down in the room to 70F; it still was too muggy to go to sleep.

At 11pm tonight; it was still running and not shutting off automatically like it should. So I looked at the weather and it was sill 72F and 53% humidity! So I couldn't sleep so I took a walk outside; it was actually pretty nice; if you didn't mind sweating.:cool:
2020-06-20 00.21.47 forecast.weather.gov ccd27ff5bc13.png

I know other places get temps and humidity numbers high then this; but we just don't get weather like this; in the middle of the night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Drought conditions here with much of the grass turning yellow/brown. The airport about 10 miles from here reports .39 inches of rain this month. However there is considerable local variation with summer showers and rain here has been very light and minimal. Temperatures this month have been running a little above average and have varied between 89F and 36F with considerable variability. It has been in the upper 80's over the last few days.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
We finally got some hot temps the last few days; after having winter like weather for the last month; with snow in the mountains--here in the PNW.

So it was 84F in Eugene today; with the humidity around 50%; I went to town today and it was like walking around in a Sauna. :hot:

It was so bad; we stopped at a gas station and I went in and washed my head. I also had just come from my barber; and my first hair-cut since February; a modified "buzz" cut; so wanted to wash the hairs off my neck that were floating down my back in the river of sweat I was producing!:eek:

After all that I came home and turned the portable AC unit on in the bedroom; and after 2 hrs it was over-flowing it's drain pan; it had produced over a quart of water in that time; so I put in the bigger pan and it promptly filled that on too!:rolleyes:

The thing thinks it's a water maker;:D not an AC unit; cause even tho it brought the temp down in the room to 70F; it still was too muggy to go to sleep.

At 11pm tonight; it was still running and not shutting off automatically like it should. So I looked at the weather and it was sill 72F and 53% humidity! So I couldn't sleep so I took a walk outside; it was actually pretty nice; if you didn't mind sweating.:cool:View attachment 279195

I know other places get temps and humidity numbers high then this; but we just don't get weather like this; in the middle of the night.
That humidity must have been horrible - it's how I imagine the deep South to be in the summer, not the PNW! BTW I rated your post as "funny" because of the way you wrote it, but you have my sympathy too! :eek: :D

Comfortable temps here (NW England) but very cloudy with some breeze this afternoon.

• Haha
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
A breezy day in the UK, and all my washing dry. It is going to be hotter each day this week.
LOL - we said the same thing at almost the same time!

Upvote 0