What's the weather like where you are? (10)

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't finished but somehow posted. Yesterday we had flurries through the day. 36F (2C) at 3PM. Snow was widespread through Upstate New York, including, Albany, Syracuse, Poughkeepsie.

Spring is very delayed with the majority of trees quite bare and only budding.

By contrast Hermosillo, Mexico has been as high as 113 (45C) recently. Temperatures at various times in the past couple of weeks have exceeded 100 in parts of southern California, Arizona and southern Texas.

Phoebe Ann how is your heat situation?

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I wasn't finished but somehow posted. Yesterday we had flurries through the day. 36F (2C) at 3PM. Snow was widespread through Upstate New York, including, Albany, Syracuse, Poughkeepsie.

Spring is very delayed with the majority of trees quite bare and only budding.

By contrast Hermosillo, Mexico has been as high as 113 (45C) recently. Temperatures at various times in the past couple of weeks have exceeded 100 in parts of southern California, Arizona and southern Texas.

Phoebe Ann how is your heat situation?

Oh, woe is me! We might have rain/snow mix tonight. Monday & Tues night 34F, Wednesday high 62 and low 52. Then Thursday through Sunday the prediction is thunderstorms and rain the day after. I don't like thunderstorms very much.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
OOPS! Sojourner, I thought you were talking about outdoor heat. LOL. Indoors, I've resorted to using the kitchen stove when it gets too cold. Tomorrow morning I'm calling the heating service.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
OOPS! Sojourner, I thought you were talking about outdoor heat. LOL. Indoors, I've resorted to using the kitchen stove when it gets too cold. Tomorrow morning I'm calling the heating service.

Phoebe Ann, It is not safe to use a kitchen stove to heat your house. Is the situation fixed? I have prayed for your situation. I gather you live in the US as you prefer fahrenheit which is now unique to the US. Where part if the US do you live in?

I took a walk yesterday on a trail on the grounds of Hamilton College now shuttered because of the virus. Passed by several people walking alone or with their dog(s). Numerous trees have leaves beginning to unfold. Violets and trillium evident, but forest flowers were not fully out yet. Forest flowers bloom early in the season to take advantage of the sunlight before the woodland canopy is fully developed. Conditions delayed. In the midmorning when I took the walk the temperature was around 50 but fell in the afternoon to the mid 40's with rain and a cold front. Frost expected for the next copuple of nights with temperatures risng to the 70's by the weekend.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't leave my electric range on when I go to bed. Thanks for the prayers. It has warmed up a bit. I mowed and picked up dead branches today.

May 20 and 21 it's going to be HOT! 80 and 82F. No yard work for me those days. Smiley Hot Weather.gif

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
On May 13 the early morning temperature was 24F (-4C) breaking the low record temperature record for the date of 26F (-3C). A frost has been occurred nearly every morning through May 14. This may be the last of the frosts this season as none is forecast through the coming week.
I
On may 14 from Utica to Syracuse New York there was some flowering and leafing of trees along the New York State Thruway although the trees remain still quite bare. Very delayed. It was sunny in the early morning with clouds increasing and overcast by late afternoon.

Temperatures yesterday peaked in the 60's after an early morning frost. No frost tonight with a high expected today in the low 70' s with high Temperatures expected in the 50's and 60's thereafter.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The temperature reached 80F (27C) yesterday, May 15 for the first time this year. It was partly cloudy followed by about 1.5 inches of rain in the late afternoon and evening.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
You do seem to be having some varied temps in parts of the USA! Are these in the northern inland areas, which are less affected by sea breezes? One of the reasons I started this thread is that I'm interested in different weather conditions around the world, so it is fascinating to hear of the variety you have in one country. :)

On this side of the Pond it has been fairly dry and quite sunny, although the breeze can be cool at times. Daytime temps are due to reach mid 20s C by the middle of the week.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Rebornfree, I have always been very interested in the weather and for sometime recorded daily high and low temperatures. When I was younger I would spend hours in the woods and fields identifying trees and other plants, compiling notes on when various wild flowers bloomed, when leaves changed color in the fall and how different regions varied. I enjoyed taveling around noting the archetectural styles of older homes and regional accents along the east coast of the United States and Canada. Because of circumstances I am not able to travel like I used to but retain an interest in all of the above.

I live about 300 miles to the west of Boston

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
,or 483 km east of Boston. Unlike the UK which has a marine climate, modified by the Gulf Stream the climate here is continental and subject to sharp seasonal and diurnal changes. We are both in the temperate zone which means weather travels from west to east. We receive our weather from inland North America and you receive yours from the Atlantic so yours is modified considerably by the ocean. This time of year our daily temperature range is around 24 degrees fahrenheit but can be more then 40 degrees on occasion, which means we could have a frost at dawn but be in shirtssleeves by late afternoon.

I no longer have a lapop and I am using this smart phone which can suddenly post before I finish and am able to proofread. This is why I have a problem with posting.

Also I know I have asked questions about where people are geographically located. This is because I wanted to have a general idea of their location in respect to their weather observations, not to be nosy.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
,or 483 km east of Boston. Unlike the UK which has a marine climate, modified by the Gulf Stream the climate here is continental and subject to sharp seasonal and diurnal changes. We are both in the temperate zone which means weather travels from west to east. We receive our weather from inland North America and you receive yours from the Atlantic so yours is modified considerably by the ocean. This time of year our daily temperature range is around 24 degrees fahrenheit but can be more then 40 degrees on occasion, which means we could have a frost at dawn but be in shirtssleeves by late afternoon.

I no longer have a lapop and I am using this smart phone which can suddenly post before I finish and am able to proofread. This is why I have a problem with posting.

Also I know I have asked questions about where people are geographically located. This is because I wanted to have a general idea of their location in respect to their weather observations, not to be nosy.

Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

As an example of our large diurnal temperature range our official high temperature yesterday (May 17) at Griffiss was 76F (24C) and the low was 41F (5C). Unfortunately this phone is creating a lot of confusion with my posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We are now experiencing an extended period of sunshine and little if any rain. This is expected to continue for some time. As I stated previously the daily temperature range here, especially this time of year, can be very great. Yesterday the official high temperature at Griffiss Airport was 80 F (27C) and the low around dawn was 39F (4C). At 4 PM yesterday the temperature was 78F (26C) and the dew point temperature was 28 F (-2C), denoting very dry conditions which allowed the wide temperature variation. This temperature range is atypical for this area; the average range is about 24 degrees fahrenheit. This area is relatively lush and can be fairly humid, and at times uncomfortabile in the summer.

Upvote 0