• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What's the weather like where you are? (10)

Discussion in 'Golden Eagles 50+' started by rebornfree, Jan 31, 2015.

1. rebornfree

rebornfree Senior Veteran Supporter

+12,212
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    Glad you are all okay Tom.

Last weekend, which was a Bank holiday one, we had beautiful weather. Since then it has cooled a bit and we've had some rain. I think the plants are okay without having watered them....:scratch:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. nChrist

nChrist AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith Supporter

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Damage from recent storms was strange. The storms appeared to hop and jump leaving small patches of damage everywhere it touched down. They say that it was an F1 tornado that did most of the damage. As of now, most of the electricity is back on and much of the damage is cleaned up.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's Sunny and 92F here today in Central Oklahoma. The heat index makes it feel like 100F, but it's still a very nice day. We have a 6 mph breeze, and there isn't a hint of rough weather.

Speaking of rough weather, I think that all Christians should be praying for those impacted by the monster hurricane over the Bahamas.

4. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+20,481
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I agree, the pictures on the news are terrifying. I pray for the Lord to step in and calm this hurricane...

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's 93F today in Central Oklahoma. We have a heat index of 100F. This is really moderate for this time of year compared with the past. In other words, we like it. It's usually much hotter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. musicalpilgrim

+20,481
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    We have rain today, and it is rather cool. The wind is starting to blow leaves around as it is officially Autumn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Brilliant sunshine, completely clear, and 96F today in Central Oklahoma. This is really cooler that we are used to for this time of year, but we'll keep it and enjoy it. We have a mild breeze of 6 mph.

8. rebornfree

+12,212
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    Yes, it seems that autumn has come early to the UK this year. I wished I'd worn gloves yesterday evening when walking! Nice and fresh but a bit cool for early September!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. musicalpilgrim

+20,481
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    ...and it is raining here again, but the weather forecast promises that it will clear up later :)

10. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's partly sunny and 93F today in Central Oklahoma. We have a breeze of 11 mph and consider this to be a nice day.

11. faithinlife

faithinlife Newbie

+5,199
    Pentecostal
    Single
    It will be hotter weather this week in the mid-90's, possible rain or stormy weather on weekend; weekend temps. to upper 80's.

12. joyshirley

joyshirley His Love endures forever Supporter

+110,384
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    The first day of Spring here was a beautiful day - one of those exceptional days that live long in your memory. Since then, the whole country has had unsettled, changeable weather and it's still rather cool.

13. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's mostly sunny and 91F today in Central Oklahoma. It's a nice day.

14. joyshirley

+110,384
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    We had a fine day today with some cloud rolling in and out. Warm enough throughout the day, but still cool this evening.

15. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Our high today will only be 91F and the heat index will only be 95F. It's mostly sunny and a gorgeous day in Central Oklahoma.

16. joyshirley

+110,384
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Another day of sun and clouds and definitely feeling a bit warmer all round. Spring is really starting to get going now and soon we will be saying, 'It's too hot!' :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. rebornfree

+12,212
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    Those are lovely days! :)

How you guys in the US are coping with 90+ temps I don't know :eek:, but you seem to enjoy them! :) I hope you do.

In the UK it has warmed up and I didn't even need a cardigan today when out shopping. (I'm turning this into a fashion thread again! :D)

18. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    90F will be our high for today, and the heat index will make it feel like 96F. Yes, we call this a nice day. It's at least not over 100.

19. rebornfree

+12,212
    United Kingdom
    Charismatic
    Divorced
    Yes, I can see that it must be relatively cool for you Tom. We've visited the USA in 100+ temps and were thankful for air-conditioning in cars, buses etc., and for swimming pools at most places where we stayed. Your country seems to be well-prepared for hot weather. :) If you come to ours bring an umbrella! :D

Back in the UK it has warmed up to about 20C (upper 60s F).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  20. nChrist

+15,699
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Our high today was 91F and it was partly sunny. We had a breeze of 8 mph.