What's the weather like where you are? (10)

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Attachments

• Chrsms2017crd1.jpg
    Chrsms2017crd1.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh Lotuspetal, you weren't born then when we had the bad one in 1962/3 (when I was 12 :eek: :D)! It snowed on Boxing Day and didn't thaw until March. They cleared the roads after a while but it became a normal sight to see the snow banked up on the sides.

This morning it had snowed by 2.30, and there is still a light dusting of it left. Nothing on the roads though, just shed roofs and the like. I think we're due to have it later on Saturday. Surprisingly I feel warm inside, it must be calm outside. Just had a peek - it is and the sky is beautifully star-lit. :)

add:

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
LOL

"If it's icy"

Yes, of-course, we SHOULD... A L W A Y S... drive 'within the limits of'
our ability,
the capability of our vehicle
and, according to the road conditions ..AT ALL TIMES :oldthumbsup:

However
"the mail must get through" -
"the midwife must deliver" -
"the store must be resupplied"

LOL
Where ? would we be if 'everyone' STAYED-HOME ????
My late husband was experienced at driving in bad conditions, so he went to work 30 minutes away and he was the only one who showed up!
Ice Road Truckers (TV Series 2007– ) - IMDb

My late husband was experienced at driving in bad conditions, so he went to work 30 minutes away and he was the only one who showed up!

Another time I had an important dental appointment. It was so extremely icy out that I had to grab the shrubs to keep from falling on the way to the car. The dentist was about 50 minutes away. When we got there, he hadn't come in and no one had called us! The main roads weren't icy. Anyway, we waited while he was called and on his way in.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's 55F and sunny right now in Central Oklahoma - a beautiful day.
LOL. You're right. That's a beautiful day if you don't mind it in December.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh Lotuspetal, you weren't born then when we had the bad one in 1962/3 (when I was 12 :eek: :D)! It snowed on Boxing Day and didn't thaw until March. They cleared the roads after a while but it became a normal sight to see the snow banked up on the sides.

This morning it had snowed by 2.30, and there is still a light dusting of it left. Nothing on the roads though, just shed roofs and the like. I think we're due to have it later on Saturday. Surprisingly I feel warm inside, it must be calm outside. Just had a peek - it is and the sky is beautifully star-lit. :)
I heard about that one from my older sister and parents. :eek: My dad was a lorry driver and he would share stories about how bad it was on the roads. I think they said that the ones since then were no match for it! :)

Well it is finally here - the middle area of England has snow all day today. Church has been cancelled - only two families would have been able to walk to church. Currently -1 degree celsius/ 31 degree fahrenheit.

My youngest gave me a by the minute account of how much snow was outside his bedroom window since 6am this morning, and is now prepareing himself to go out on his sledge, :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I heard about that one from my older sister and parents. :eek: My dad was a lorry driver and he would share stories about how bad it was on the roads. I think they said that the ones since then were no match for it! :)
Yep, that was it! We were in London, and my aunt and uncle had visited for Christmas. My uncle travelled back home on Boxing Day because of work, but my aunt planned to stay a few days more but found she couldn't get a train back to Bristol for about a week I think. (Cliff Michelmore - there's a name from the past. :)).

Coming back to the present it has snowed here too, and I'm loving it. But it hasn't caused much inconvenience, apart from slushy pavements. :D

Upvote 0