• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

What's on your mind?

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The world says ‘God works in mysterious ways’ & thinks it’s in the Bible – this is incorrect, we know how he works. He reveals how he works

Last edited:
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,039,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There, I helped with Thanksgiving; now, can it please just be over already?! Thanks, lol.

You probably wish Thanksgiving were celebrated back in October like it is here in Canada. I have long wondered how you Americans can have one big turkey meal only to have another big turkey meal a month later.

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟105,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You probably wish Thanksgiving were celebrated back in October like it is here in Canada. I have long wondered how you Americans can have one big turkey meal only to have another big turkey meal a month later.
We always did fajitas for Christmas so it was just the Turkey for thanksgiving and then on to better things.

Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟118,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Well, thankfully, now a days my family only does turkey once, but still, it's definitely a lot.

Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟250,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We do Turkey on Thanksgiving, and then usually do something like Tamales or Roast Beef on Christmas.

Side-note. Think I hit my ten year anniversary here. I was thinking it was 2014 when I joined, but then remembered my dad hadn't had his stroke yet, which was Jan of 2014. So I joined fall/winter of 2013. Ten years. Yikes.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟858,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Turkey twice a year really isn't that bad, but in most cases, we have ham on either holiday.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wish I had a fulfilling relationship with a significant other. I feel like I'm in this period of my life where the reasonable and "safe" option is to stay single. Sometimes I can handle being single, sometimes I can't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟882,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish I had a fulfilling relationship with a significant other. I feel like I'm in this period of my life where the reasonable and "safe" option is to stay single. Sometimes I can handle being single, sometimes I can't.
It's not easy, but it is easy, sans the drama that comes with relationships. I don't know if being single is right for you, but it's not bad. For myself, I try to redirect my longing toward the primal Source of all beauty and goodness, i.e., our Lord. What I have found is that longing fits that space, but it's still not easy. And see, even if I settled with the beauty of my dreams, I would still seek that transcendent beauty because I know better. Some of us are definitely called to a different way of life. It's not better, just different.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,039,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I hope you find that very special person soon. You deserve someone wonderful. :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟105,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
IMG_7874.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving from me and the sweater I can wear one day a year ^_^

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Happy Thanksgiving from me and the sweater I can wear one day a year ^_^
Regularly give thanks to God - so sweater can be worn any time. Probably just not on a hot day, that wouldn't be wise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,055,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On the sixth of 13 Left Behind books right now, reading some parts carefully, skimming through or skipping others altogether.

But it's clear.
These books are bad.

Like, really bad.

Steven Seagal movie bad.

I can't believe Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins made so much money off of this awful writing. Among other problems, these authors can't even do simple math when it comes to keeping reasonable track of the timeline in their supposed calculated seven years of Tribulation, from Rapture to Jesus' Second Coming to establish a millennial kingdom on Earth, nor can they keep track of the Earth's remaining population after each plague/judgment during that Tribulation period. This inconsistent writing is all apart from bad characters who not only act unsympathetically (even among the believers, I mean) way too often, but don't even act like real humans. This crap story may as well be taking place on another planet entirely.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,039,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
On the sixth of 13 Left Behind books right now, reading some parts carefully, skimming through or skipping others altogether.

But it's clear.
These books are bad.

Like, really bad.

Steven Seagal movie bad.

I can't believe Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins made so much money off of this awful writing. Among other problems, these authors can't even do simple math when it comes to keeping reasonable track of the timeline in their supposed calculated seven years of Tribulation, from Rapture to Jesus' Second Coming to establish a millennial kingdom on Earth, nor can they keep track of the Earth's remaining population after each plague/judgment during that Tribulation period. This inconsistent writing is all apart from bad characters who not only act unsympathetically (even among the believers, I mean) way too often, but don't even act like real humans. This crap story may as well be taking place on another planet entirely.

I really liked them until the very last one. The last one in the series was downright awful.

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0