Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched Cobra Kai on YouTube Red. It was an awesome series that bucked the trend of media trying to be politically correct for youngsters as Johnny acted like a verbally abusive drill instructor to his students in order to toughen them up. I loved that they used the original actors, dedicated an episode to Pat Morita, and made numerous flashback to the original Karate Kid movie.

It was a sequel the original movie deserved.
Well, I didnt think it was an amazing piece of cinema/small screen masterpiece but I DID enjoy it and they DID capitilize on my childhood the RIGHT way. It was a story that didn't HAVE to be told, but I am happy that it is because they handled it almost perfect for what it is. I am actually looking forward to season 2 and I expected it to be a dumpster fire.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because it's a gateway drug that contributes to ruining lives, primarily. Because it will get into the hands of young teenagers who aren't prepared for that sort of thing more easily, and if adults whom teens look up to reinforce the idea that it's harmless or on equal grounds as alcohol then teenagers will look to it as a right of passage.

hmm yeah I wonder if it can interfere with teen or children brains differently than adults. I do personally think that alcohol is far more dangerous and that weed should not be equated to alcohol. alcohol is just a plain terrible drug (in the wrong hands).

well, I guess we shall see what happens.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟998,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Applied to about 12 different lab jobs around the American Southeast now. I had probably better hang back now and start following up on them instead of applying for more for at least a few weeks, before I start to lose track of them completely. ^_^

I really hate when they ask for your reason for leaving on your previous employers. Norit was one thing, as I was thankfully highly valued there (well, maybe my coworkers and not necessarily management because they never liked to praise you personally around there; it was more of just a "get back to work!" kind of thing whenever you heard from 'em in an email ^_^). And I have a valid reason for leaving, as much as I sometimes wonder if I should have stayed and never considered going into a different field when I had (to Nestle Health Science and pharmaceuticals). But need I really say why I left Nestle? As in, I was let go because I started sucking too much at doing it? I mean, it isn't like they terminated me because I was behaving unethically or anything. So when they insist on listing the reason why you left, I kind of just want to respond "None of your business. A man's got as much right to terminate his own employment as much as the company he works for does without reason." =P

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
lol right after shift...just it wasn't raining
giphy-1.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟998,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
12 to 13 hrs, one more shift tomorrow! Must hang on! I work 3 days straight.

Ever have to do seven in a row? Just to have seven days off later on? I thought it was an AWFUL trade off at Norit. ^-^

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟841,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Woke up a few days ago with my left shoulder feeling like it was torn out of socket or something. I can't lift it above my head and even standing and walking puts strain on it I feel pulling on my neck and down my arm. Not sure what happened, but it hasn't healed a bit. If ya'll can please pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟160,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Woke up a few days ago with my left shoulder feeling like it was torn out of socket or something. I can't lift it above my head and even standing and walking puts strain on it I feel pulling on my neck and down my arm. Not sure what happened, but it hasn't healed a bit. If ya'll can please pray for me, I'd appreciate it.
Praying for you.
You should probably go to the doctor too if you can if it doesn't feel better.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟998,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you.
You should probably go to the doctor too if you can if it doesn't feel better.

Yes, I agree. I had waited way too long before seeing a chiropractor a few years ago when I had experienced similar chronic problems, @Saucy.

(Because I just HAD to be a man and "tough it out". >_> )

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟998,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just thought I'd leave this here since I hadn't thought of the song in a while and happened across it on YouTube just now. Kiki's Delivery Service is still one of my favorite animated movies ever.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After seven years of regularly going to the theaters, I'm finally done with it. Jurassic World 2 was the final straw. There was a scene that felt like it was taking a shot at the Trump administration and how theocratic it seems to many. Movies nowadays either take a shot at the current American administration or pander to feminists and social justice warriors and I'm tired of how politicized entertainment is becoming.

Am I going to write angry and abusive comments on the actor's social media accounts or make a YouTube rant video of me raging over how politicized it is? No, not at all. I'm going to take the mature approach and just stop paying money to see these movies. Taking my friend to the movies is getting too expensive anyways so we'll have to figure out another way to spend time together.

Consider me your disciple, @Toro.
:ahah:

I believe the last movie I went to see at the theater was "The Matrix" I dont miss the theater one bit.

All you can do is stop the madness by not giving them your money..... if others want to stand in line to be force feed agendas or opinions disguised as "entertainment", thats their choice.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟998,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe the last movie I went to see at the theater was "The Matrix" I dont miss the theater one bit.

That long, huh?

I think my last time was Star Wars: Rogue One with some friends, in Dec. 2016.

Upvote 0