Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Entitlement is a turn off.
Desperation is a turn off.
Bitterness is a turn off.
Absolutely! And I need to work on about being so bitter. God, forgive me.

• Friendly
Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a new prayer request. I couldn't find a Prayer Request thread.

You never know where people are in their faith lives. I found out someone who I thought was pretty strong in the faith is walking away. It reminds me of the Parable of the Seeds where some grow a little bit but are cut off.

Matthew 13: Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.

You feel like a hole goes thru your heart when you hear that. Pray!

It creates an imbalanced relationship. If one person persists in romantic feelings while the other does not, there's almost a certainty of hurt feelings, jealousy, resentment, and other Bad Stuff as time goes on.
You shouldn't go around building walls around your heart out of fear of that, tho.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Amen to that. Most of all I have always wanted to avoid ever sounding bitter. I mean, I like to think that there's no hidden part of my heart that possesses or has the potential to possess bitterness when it comes to how I feel about romantic love or view those of the fairer sex, considering my romantic ideals, but still, it is a scary thing to think of myself as ever becoming such. ... Or becoming what I have heard called on certain specialized YT channels in the near past: a Neckbeard. O_O

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when Tuesday evening comes I will be locked into seven days in a row, covering other people's days off. Please pray for me to get through that just fine, with no trouble.

Speaking of, I just finished the second day of that stretch, but thanks to Mary's gracious intervention I only have to worry about four left to go instead of five. A shot in the dark but I asked her if she'd be willing to cover the last OT day for me, and she said yes without hesitation. That was extremely gracious of her, as this is a super-huge favor to grant someone in our line of work, taking a day for them where just about everyone each has enough mandatory OT days to have to worry about doing each year as it is.

I will definitely have to do something nice for her in return to show my thanks the next day we resume a normal shift after that day next Tuesday morning she is taking on my behalf. This just made it so that instead of seven days straight, 48 hours off, then two more nights of work; I now only have to do six days straight, then will have 72 hours off, and then two more nights. Still more OT than normal, but significantly less, at least. :ahem:

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand now why those are turn-offs. They breed negativity (lies) which leads to a failed relationship -> one that doesn’t last.

I wish someone had explained it to me that way.

I had always understood it those are turnoffs b/c the guy is just simply no good & those are PC words to use to describe guys who aren’t good enough in other areas.

Hmmm………

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a praise! My best friend in college was really struggling. A minor disability. Couldn’t keep a job. Struggling w/ finances. Had a period of depression. Had some dreams destroyed. Years & years of this. Asked people to pray for him over & over. Very strong in faith.

He landed on his feet!!! He got a banking / finance job & has been there 2 years now!! He absolutely loves it! He’s doing so good! I am so happy for him he got what he wanted and what was good for him, & he's able to grow more!!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I have a praise! My best friend in college was really struggling. A minor disability. Couldn’t keep a job. Struggling w/ finances. Had a period of depression. Had some dreams destroyed. Years & years of this. Asked people to pray for him over & over. Very strong in faith.

He landed on his feet!!! He got a banking / finance job & has been there 2 years now!! He absolutely loves it! He’s doing so good! I am so happy for him he got what he wanted and what was good for him, & he's able to grow more!!
Glory to God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Found out today one of my sister's friends when we were kids was murdered. She's been missing for a while... but her body was found today. Her husband is being charged.

I didn't really know her besides seeing her a few times, but the news is still disturbing.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,428.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Found out today one of my sister's friends when we were kids was murdered. She's been missing for a while... but her body was found today. Her husband is being charged.

I didn't really know her besides seeing her a few times, but the news is still disturbing.

That is both really sad and very scary. Her family has my deepest condolences.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,428.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

That is both really sad and very scary. Her family has my deepest condolences.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You shouldn't go around building walls around your heart out of fear of that, tho.
I'm not talking about someone who's genuinely attracted to another person, but refuses to act out of fear. I'm talking about one person being attracted romantically, and the other person is not.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

I know you are an atheist, but I will keep them in my prayers. My condolences.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0